Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 12-06-2017, 01:43 PM   #61
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,866 Times in 640 Posts
Default Re: Bracket Racing vs Class Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleydog View Post
I understand what you're saying, but how many of these top class cars show up to every race except Indy? or divisional meets for that matter? Still trying to learn the ins and outs here, how does the ladder dodging work? When I show up I don't want to be dead meat on a stick.
Mike
It really depends on the area you're racing in. Some divisions seem to have a lot of cars in 1 or 2 classes like for instance division1 has alot of really fast A and B cars and G and H cars as well. Like was said previously ladder dodging is just trying to get yourself on a side or corner away from the really fast cars qualifying in a particular position. If I was running I for example and there was 3 or 4 cars there really fast qualified at the top of the sheet I could put myself at the bottom and avoid a potential heads up for at least the first round. Sportsman ladder is different than a pro ladder. You can Google sportsman ladder and get examples of different car counts.
Old 12-06-2017, 02:12 PM   #62
joespanova

Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Talking Re: Bracket Racing vs Class Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWill View Post
If you have such a disdain for bracket racing, how do you stand being at the track with bracket racers?
It's a struggle............
joespanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 02:28 PM   #63
S/ST J718

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joespanova View Post
I find it kinda strange with the state of Class Racing and the area of the US you live in that you feel this way.... Can't we all get along ?
Old 12-06-2017, 02:56 PM   #64
Coleydog

Liked 46 Times in 31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR9121 View Post
It really depends on the area you're racing in. Some divisions seem to have a lot of cars in 1 or 2 classes like for instance division1 has alot of really fast A and B cars and G and H cars as well. Like was said previously ladder dodging is just trying to get yourself on a side or corner away from the really fast cars qualifying in a particular position. If I was running I for example and there was 3 or 4 cars there really fast qualified at the top of the sheet I could put myself at the bottom and avoid a potential heads up for at least the first round. Sportsman ladder is different than a pro ladder. You can Google sportsman ladder and get examples of different car counts.
Thank you,
Mike
Coleydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 06:12 PM   #65
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,543 Times in 1,267 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joespanova View Post
Finally, a truthful answer on here.....LOL.....
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 01:03 PM   #66
ken robinson

Liked 163 Times in 68 Posts

Mainly lack of time because of work is why I don't go and screw up the points at the local tracks . The big money races can be fun. Jason sorry to hear your out of the seat for sometime but its for reason and most of us have been there . See you at Hersey .
ken robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 01:15 PM   #67
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,665 Times in 851 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldskool View Post
"...how does the ladder dodging work?..."

I assume it means you purposely run a slower or quicker qualifying time, to put yourself on the same side of the ladder with the faster guys in your class. That way, some of 'em will get beat before the late rounds, therefore lessening your chances of having a heads up race, with a quicker car.

In the Pro classes, for round 1, I think #1 runs #16, #2 runs #15, #3 runs #14, and so on.

But I've never bothered to see how they set the Stock & SS ladders, at div & National events. So, I too am interested in seeing it explained here.
Bobby Fazio has some software to assist you with how to get advantaged placement on a ladder. See the link...

http://www.collegevilleautorepair.co...addersoftware/

Also several tracks (for example Sacramento) has a resources tab on their website where you can print out all the conceivable ladders. Think some of the top racers play the ladder?...you betcha.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 05:11 AM   #68
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Liked 194 Times in 77 Posts
Send a message via MSN to GarysZ24 Send a message via Yahoo to GarysZ24

For me and my car, answers 1 & 7 fit best.

1 because with a 15sec car, there's a big difference between the payouts of Stock vs the Sportsman Bracket. Of all the high dollar bracket races I read about, I don't recall them including cars that run in the 15's , and if they do it's at tracks more than 500 miles from me. Although I race against Pro Et quick cars in Stock, my car isn't quick enough to race in that bracket, because of the et break for Pro Et being I believe 13.99.

7. Where I chose to live, half if not most of the bracket races in Az., are done in the late afternoon to night time. I prefer racing in the daytime, but although I had a very good bracket racing career while living in Denver, I moved here to Phoenix for the weather, my health, and to be closer to tracks that hold Stocker races.

Someday I will attend a bracket race or two, because the competition is just as good as class racing, and I could use the extra competition to sharpen up my racing skills. However, for my budget right now, it's class racing only.

If NHRA drops class racing, I will modify my car to run 13's, so I can race in Pro Et, by canning the MFI/computer and replacing it with either a 350 or 500cfm Holley, on a older carburetor manifold, or an Edelbrock (if they even make manifolds for my V6 engine).
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)
GarysZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 01:50 AM   #69
Darrel Goheen

Liked 70 Times in 31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarysZ24 View Post
If NHRA drops class racing, I will modify my car to run 13's, so I can race in Pro Et, by canning the MFI/computer and replacing it with either a 350 or 500cfm Holley, on a older carburetor manifold, or an Edelbrock (if they even make manifolds for my V6 engine).
How will dumping EFI to go to a carburetor make that much difference in ET?
Darrel Goheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 10:09 PM   #70
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrel Goheen View Post
How will dumping EFI to go to a carburetor make that much difference in ET?
We both know Gary is mistaken, don't we Darrel?