Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-24-2019, 10:48 PM   #101
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,869 Times in 641 Posts
Default Re: Indy Teardown Warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Broome View Post
This is a members forum, isn't it? Open to those who are admitted? Have you now personally changed the rules for participation in this forum? Next you're going qualify the definition of "racer" or "involved" based on your personal opinion.

That is such friendly, warm and accommodating stance to take.

Is the title of this thread "Indy Teardown Warning"? Wouldn't that include former racers with experience in teardown at Indy? Wouldn't that include shops that assist racers in preparing cars that go to Indy?
I don't see anyone here trying to influence policy. I do see opinions, positive and negative. If someone posts opinions you personally disagree with, use the blocking function and we'll all sleep easier.
Dude I don't recall tooting your horn but if want jump in and get some you are welcome to. Opinions are like an *** right everyone has one!
It is a members forum and you're welcome to post your opinion but if you come up here with the same boneheaded negative responses to everything everyday don't be surprised if someone makes an objection or takes exception to some efed up accusations. Everyone that is a member can comment on any post they like but they shouldn't get their panties in a wad when someone calls out the BS. I don't recall seeing the blocking function you're talking about but you sure seem to have a problem with blocking my opinions so why don't you give it a try!
Old 08-25-2019, 09:30 AM   #102
Tom Broome

Liked 70 Times in 39 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR9121 View Post
Dude I don't recall tooting your horn but if want jump in and get some you are welcome to. Opinions are like an *** right everyone has one!
It is a members forum and you're welcome to post your opinion but if you come up here with the same boneheaded negative responses to everything everyday don't be surprised if someone makes an objection or takes exception to some efed up accusations. Everyone that is a member can comment on any post they like but they shouldn't get their panties in a wad when someone calls out the BS. I don't recall seeing the blocking function you're talking about but you sure seem to have a problem with blocking my opinions so why don't you give it a try!
Touched a nerve?
You respond with threats, and you think the problem is with others who post here. I made no threats, I made no accusations, I asked questions. I certainly, in no way, accused you personally. Perhaps my questions triggered your aggressive attitude.

What "accusations" are you referring to? What are you calling BS? Knowledge and experience might prove that what you call "accusations" are actually facts you have no understanding of.
I have no problem with your opinion(s). You need not be so aggressive towards those who disagree with your opinions. That aggression happens often on forums when their is a large discrepancy in post counts such as ours.
Tom Broome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 01:13 PM   #103
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,869 Times in 641 Posts

I don't see any threat, a threat would be if I said I was going to harm you or someone else which I didn't. You made a statement that in my mind only current racers should comment which I did not say. I said as usual it's the same people that come up here day after day complaining or whatever that don't race or are not involved anymore. I never said they couldn't comment I just said they need to get a life and spread their negativity somewhere else.
I'm not sure why you refer to post counts but I do have a high post count on here because I provide a service on this forum by doing live threads from all the races I attend.
Old 08-25-2019, 01:51 PM   #104
Jack McCarthy
VIP Member

Liked 352 Times in 92 Posts

you guys are hilarious ... keep it up ken will be charging for the free entertainment.
i can hardly keep my keyboard shut
Old 08-25-2019, 01:53 PM   #105
Tom Broome

Liked 70 Times in 39 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR9121 View Post
I don't see any threat, a threat would be if I said I was going to harm you or someone else which I didn't. You made a statement that in my mind only current racers should comment which I did not say. I said as usual it's the same people that come up here day after day complaining or whatever that don't race or are not involved anymore. I never said they couldn't comment I just said they need to get a life and spread their negativity somewhere else.
I'm not sure why you refer to post counts but I do have a high post count on here because I provide a service on this forum by doing live threads from all the races I attend.
You do have a large post count from doing the live threads, I appreciate your effort.
I have seen on other forums that members with a large post count tend to relate to low count members in a disdainful manner. I think I've posted more on this thread than I ever have. Which means I don't post often, hence my low post count. Yet it seems I have "posted day after day".
You're correct, I did say that you presented the attitude that only current racers should comment on this topic. Let's look at what you did say as a reply to me specifially:
".... I would add those....not involved in the sport at all should get a life and move on. It's ridiculous to see negative post one after another by the same people who don't race NHRA events.... "
Can you see where someone could interpret that non-current racers need not comment. It's difficult to discern tone from the written word, I often find myself making comments with a humorous or teasing thought, that when typed out send a completely different message.
I think we're not as far apart as our squabbling messages make it seem. Such is life.
Tom Broome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 12:37 AM   #106
Chad Fergen

Liked 24 Times in 12 Posts

I should just shut my mouth and move on as suggested...(thanks for the welcome...) But, just out of curiosity. How did it go today for the first rounds of qualifying? Who is all there and how did it go?

Last edited by Chad Fergen; 08-29-2019 at 12:44 AM.
Chad Fergen is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 08-29-2019, 12:43 AM   #107
Chad Fergen

Liked 24 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Nyhus View Post
Hey Chad...was good to see you at Brainerd last week. Steve Koppien and I are always available to help. You've got some good basics covered and just need to build from there. We've got several known - good QJets you're welcome to try. -Al
Thanks Al! Good seeing you as well. I was hoping Uncle Timmy was feeling well enough to drive the car but that is not happening. I think I have things sorted out a little better but I only have so much time to come play. Maybe see you with this car later this year.

I sure appreciate the help you guys have given me!
Chad Fergen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 09:19 PM   #108
J.R. Haddad

Liked 879 Times in 196 Posts

So..... for the learned that were there, did any Stock heads or intakes
get scoped, did any Factory Stock heads or intakes get measured,
or was it fake news to keep everybody on their toes? J.R.
J.R. Haddad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 06:46 AM   #109
Bob Bender
VIP Member

Liked 372 Times in 80 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN View Post
You have NEVER been on the other side of the fence. I have worked for 3 different ASSociations (The NMCA, The NHRA and the IHRA) since around 1970. I have been dedicated to just stock and Super Stock. I was taught by those who really cared like Greg X. Marty Barratt, Jim Dale, and the Div. 2 tech director (sorry I can not remember his name at this time) who passed away with cancer many years ago and others. I have raced stock and S/S since around 1964 until the early 1980's before being involved in writing the IHRA rule book in the sportsman categories' back in the early 80's. Yeah they got stupid and went to all bracket racing in the last couple of years. Bill Bader was the VERY LAST good owner of IHRA. I have caught cheaters and the higher ups let it slide Before Bill Bader) so I quit about 15 years or so ago and had meetings with Higher ups in NHRA back in the 80's and 90's. THEY DID NOTHING to stop it !!!! There is so much bogus parts and heads, intake manifolds out there you would not believe it. The way they allow the rules to get away from them has NOT been a help. NO ONE is saying you are cheating but Its out there and I could name names but I will not start a war. I have to laugh when some of these same guys walk around puffing their chests out thinking they are better than anyone else. I just hope the NHRA stands behind their word and does something but I will have to read it on here or see it myself to believe it.
I have to believe those who complain the most about the NHRA getting tough again on inspections are the ones who cheat the most.
Terry, I've been on both sides of the fence I've done this a long time you can stay stuck in the 70s if you want. The rules change and the rules were different back then but they're not now so let's live and die by what we have and not piss and moan and groan about what we did have and we don't now. Most of these guys including Cooter Run a legal operation by the rules that we have today and the same as me and everybody else so let's stop beating this dead horse and go by what we have and continue the March

Last edited by Bob Bender; 09-04-2019 at 06:50 AM.
Bob Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 04:22 PM   #110
fredjohnston

Liked 55 Times in 14 Posts

What happened on all this teardown warning, etc.? From what I saw, it looked like the usual number of cars taken to teardown. Didn't see any digital scanning thingy nor did I see any factory shootout cars teardown, other than a quick look at the manifold.
fredjohnston is offline   Reply With Quote