HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Stock/Super Stock Associations > Carolina Class Racers Association

Old 09-29-2014, 01:10 PM   #1
Jeffl52

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unhappy Pay outs for 2013

Heard no-one has received points money from last year points fund. Very disappointing to hear. It would be nice to get everyone together and get this put back together. We had a good think going and hate to see it fall apart, but first thing first we need to get our champion Greg Rowe and other top finishers money. I guess this year is over since no updated schedule has been posted so we can as a whole focus on next year and get everything back on track. Scott my vote is in for you to step down and let someone else try to move us as a organization in the right direction.

Jeff Longhany - Longhany and Sons Racing
Jeffl52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 01:49 PM   #2
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,866 Times in 640 Posts
Default Re: Pay outs for 2013

I was looking forward to attending these races especially since finishing a new car but you areare right this year doesn't look good. Even though I knew of Greg's situation I was hoping this would be resolved and it would move forward but that's unlikely at best. With the tremendous support the organization had the last couple years it can still happen we just need some people to step up and I'm willing to do something but I have 2 small children that makes my time limited but will volunteer to do what I can to help make these last few races happen.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:04 PM   #3
Tracy Robbins

Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts

I understand it's been very quiet here but I think you guys may be jumping the gun on the 2014 schedule. We did have the first race of the season at Piedmont, which was very poorly attended in June and the next two were scheduled for Benson/Galot which got cancelled and out of anyone's control. As for the rest of the schedule, nothing should have changed as I looked on each tracks website and they still show us on the calendar. If I remember correctly the awards from last year were supposed to be given at the first Benson race. I assume Scott will be handling that at the first race we go to which should be at Dinwiddie. Hopefully he will chime in and ease all the concerns. Just my .02, I'm looking forward to VMP myself!
Old 09-29-2014, 08:34 PM   #4
sterling simmons jr

Liked 132 Times in 27 Posts

I think people want there money. And Scott need to pay up thank you I will be at VMP the end of Oct.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:40 PM   #5
jim reynolds

Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy Robbins View Post
I understand it's been very quiet here but I think you guys may be jumping the gun on the 2014 schedule. We did have the first race of the season at Piedmont, which was very poorly attended in June and the next two were scheduled for Benson/Galot which got cancelled and out of anyone's control. As for the rest of the schedule, nothing should have changed as I looked on each tracks website and they still show us on the calendar. If I remember correctly the awards from last year were supposed to be given at the first Benson race. I assume Scott will be handling that at the first race we go to which should be at Dinwiddie. Hopefully he will chime in and ease all the concerns. Just my .02, I'm looking forward to VMP myself!
This is how I remember it as well...BUT I did also p.m. him on facebook about this last week and still no response. A little heads up about the future would be nice!
jim reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 08:46 PM   #6
HR9121
Live Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterling simmons jr View Post
I think people want there money. And Scott need to pay up thank you I will be at VMP the end of Oct.
I will be there also Sterling but I think I will pass on a points fund. Look forward to seeing you.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:05 PM   #7
greg2923

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just to inform the series sponsors and board members. I have been trying to get in contact with Scott for the last 3 months or longer with no avail. Numberous texts and calls and private messages with no answer. Finally got in touch with him at his work and he told me he was too busy to call me. I was promised my check was in the mail which of course I have not received. I would like to see the series succeed but I think it needs to go in a different direction with new leadership.
greg2923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 08:39 AM   #8
Jeffl52

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I sure hope the plan is on course for awards at VMP for our champion Greg Rowe, 2nd place Homer Carty, and 3rd Mike Longhany, but it sure doesn't look like it is. Time to Man UP is it GONE!!!
Jeffl52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 10:31 AM   #9
Tabitha Draughon

Liked 672 Times in 220 Posts

It's a very unfortunate situation that the 2013 Champion, etc. hasn't been paid yet. The remaining 2 races for 2013 was completed in March of 2014. The 1st race for the 2014 season was scheduled for June. Can you tell me that there wasn't time to begin the 2014 season from March until June? The 2014 schedule was released but there were no sponsors assigned to any of these races. I understand it's out of anyone's control that Galot Motorsports Park opted not to race in 2014 but that annoucement was made early enough that if the CCRA director wanted the series to "stay alive" that action could have been taken to move those races to other locations. The June race was completed & did have low participation but no results from Scott nor points have been updated.

I can tell you from first hand experience that it's a time consuming task to run the CCRA because I did 95% of it by myself in 2012. All I can say is if someone else is looking to take over the series, to realize what I've stated above & be willing to give it 200% all of the time.
Tabitha Draughon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 11:26 AM   #10
HR9121
Live Reporter

One thing I have learned about the people in this sport is that they will do almost anything to help another racer in distress. I've had people help me work on my car, offer parts etc. With that being said I can only speculate what may have happened here but I think its time to come clean here and see if all parties involved can come up with a solution. I think its possible that something can still be worked out but the person responsible needs to step up to the plate.