HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-19-2011, 08:27 PM   #1
Wade Mahaffey

Liked 17 Times in 7 Posts
Default Rules/guidelines for nostalgia S/S

Where can I find rules for nostalgia S/S, and how strickly are they enforced? I have been to see a few 422 motorsports shows in the northeast. I was told it was for big block car combos only. Where can a small block Corvette play? Is the nostalgia thing in a bracket format? Do they scale and fuel check etc?

Wade Mahaffey
Wade Mahaffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 01:27 AM   #2
Dinsdale

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Rules/guidelines for nostalgia S/S

http://www.americannostalgiawest.com/

http://www.nostalgiasuperstock.com/

http://www.422motorsports.com/index.html

http://www.nostalgiadragracers.com/

http://www.nssracing.com/

Last edited by Dinsdale; 10-20-2011 at 01:34 AM.
Dinsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 01:35 AM   #3
Dinsdale

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts

Try these
Old 10-20-2011, 08:12 AM   #4
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Cool Re: Rules/guidelines for nostalgia S/S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade Mahaffey View Post
Where can I find rules for nostalgia S/S, and how strickly are they enforced? I have been to see a few 422 motorsports shows in the northeast. I was told it was for big block car combos only. Where can a small block Corvette play? Is the nostalgia thing in a bracket format? Do they scale and fuel check etc?

Wade Mahaffey
Wade....Nostalgia S/S is for certain year big block cars. Its an index race. your Vette would be a Nostalgia muscle car. Look on the NMCA site for all of the current indexs and rules for each. Pretty much anything goes and hood scoops with a max of 5 inches allowed even on cars that never had one. Soom are VERY "Fuggly". Pretty much like running foot brake elim. on Sat. night at MIR. No scale or fuel check.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:17 PM   #5
Wade Mahaffey

Liked 17 Times in 7 Posts

Thanks fellas, I looked at the NMCA site and viewed the NMC rules. It looks like I'm OK with the exception of the motorplates I have in place.

I don't understand why you must have a big block for NSS. It seems to me that with all of the folks moving away from NHRA, they would try to attract them to NMCA. I guess they are welcome, but just have to run in the NMC class like myself.

The way I read the rules, you may not alter the inside portion/wall of the rear frame rail. That is a problem for most NHRA S/S cars as most have 3X2 in place. You can cut and move the outer wall of the fear frame rail, to narrow that area for additional tire clearence. No big tire cars allowed, max tread 11.5

Wade Mahaffey
Wade Mahaffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 01:57 PM   #6
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Thumbs down Re: Rules/guidelines for nostalgia S/S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade Mahaffey View Post
Thanks fellas, I looked at the NMCA site and viewed the NMC rules. It looks like I'm OK with the exception of the motorplates I have in place.

I don't understand why you must have a big block for NSS. It seems to me that with all of the folks moving away from NHRA, they would try to attract them to NMCA. I guess they are welcome, but just have to run in the NMC class like myself.

The way I read the rules, you may not alter the inside portion/wall of the rear frame rail. That is a problem for most NHRA S/S cars as most have 3X2 in place. You can cut and move the outer wall of the fear frame rail, to narrow that area for additional tire clearence. No big tire cars allowed, max tread 11.5

Wade Mahaffey
One problem I have with the NMCA is one of the most famous NSS type car is NOT allowed to run because it is a small block. Anyone remember "Grumpys Toy" # 1 66 327 Nova. Also when NSS was first started in the old NMCA the max tire allowed in NSS was a real 10.5 tire....NOT the 10.5 "W" tires. Now they are using 13.5 tires. That size tire was not even around back in the day. They all used a 10 inch racemaster for A/FX. Also the oversized 5 inch tall hood scoops look like dog poop and the new late model wheels just dont fit the image. I thought the class was supposed to have the "LOOK" of the old days. Just my 2 1/2 cents.
Old 10-23-2011, 11:51 AM   #7
Albert Lee

Liked 271 Times in 49 Posts

Terry,

I realize that you don't race, like to bitch about almost everything and wish it were the "old" days.

NMCA offers a stage for the old cars in both Nostalgia Super Stock and Nostalgia Muscle Car with several events, decent payouts and contingency money. It's a great alternative WITHOUT delay boxes, two steps, trans brakes or adjustable buttons! The cars are faster, the motors are bigger and so are the 10.5W slicks. I've raced on 7" slicks mounted on 5" wheels and that's not a good scenario. Modern wheels and tires are no big deal. I can't believe that I actually agree with you on something but the oversize hood scoops do look strange however everyone isn't using them.

Overall, it's an expanding, neat deal with a great group of people.

As in most cases, it's probably a good idea to read the rule book BEFORE building the car.

Al Corda
Albert Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 05:58 PM   #8
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Cool Re: Rules/guidelines for nostalgia S/S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Lee View Post
Terry,

I realize that you don't race, like to bitch about almost everything and wish it were the "old" days.

NMCA offers a stage for the old cars in both Nostalgia Super Stock and Nostalgia Muscle Car with several events, decent payouts and contingency money. It's a great alternative WITHOUT delay boxes, two steps, trans brakes or adjustable buttons! The cars are faster, the motors are bigger and so are the 10.5W slicks. I've raced on 7" slicks mounted on 5" wheels and that's not a good scenario. Modern wheels and tires are no big deal. I can't believe that I actually agree with you on something but the oversize hood scoops do look strange however everyone isn't using them.

Overall, it's an expanding, neat deal with a great group of people.

As in most cases, it's probably a good idea to read the rule book BEFORE building the car.

Al Corda
You have your opinion and I have mine. Its not bitching to point out the wrong look. I thought the purpose of the class was to have the "LOOK". Some do...most do not. The appearence of most is misleading to the spectators and younger racers. I lived AND raced through the 62-65 era before uncle sam dragged me away.....did you?

Last edited by X-TECH MAN; 10-23-2011 at 06:47 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:00 PM   #9
actionange

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wade
Try hooking up with the East Coast Nostalgia Super Stock Association.
They run at Atco and allow small block muscle cars as well as the big block cars.
Contact- Mark Skinner at- mskinner427@yahoo.com.
Tell him I sent ya.
actionange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 01:07 PM   #10
James L Miller

Liked 24 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN View Post
Also the oversized 5 inch tall hood scoops look like dog poop and the new late model wheels just dont fit the image. I thought the class was supposed to have the "LOOK" of the old days. Just my 2 1/2 cents.
I have to agree with X on the tall scoops. They look terrible and definitely not time period correct. I've seen an AFX scoop that was a taller version of the 1964-5 Hemi scoop that looks good and period correct, but nobody seems to run that one. All the tall scoops look like a four sided box bent on a press brake. For a class that is basically a bracket car running on 10.0, 10.5, etc. brackets, I don't see the need for the big ugly scoops.