HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-17-2016, 01:08 AM   #11
OkieRocket

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default Re: "Sealing" Cragar Super Trick Front Wheels

I used Tom's suggestion and decided to go with some of the Lords Fusor Sealant Adhesive....... I think it worked out great!...... 5 days after completing the job, and my Super Trick Wheels are still holding air (without Tubes) and not leaking at all! I know the real test will be putting load onto the Tires and "going down the track," but for now, I'm really happy with the way my Wheels turned out.

As this Sealant appears to have done such a good job on my Wheels, I thought I'd "pass along" some info., as it might be helpful to other Racers out there. It sure helped me...... Maybe it can help someone else too?

After Tom's recommendation, I called the manufacturer to ask a few questions and learn a little more about the product. They told me the "part number" had actually changed to 800DTM. They said it still has the same qualities as the 803EZ that Tom had recommended; 800DTM [/B] is just the "current" product number. 800DTM is Beige in color. (This product is also available in Black as part # 803DTM.) It comes in a Std. size Tube that will fit into Std. Caulking Guns.

I had also told Lords (the Mfr.) that I wanted to hold approx. 45 psi, or so, of Air in my Tires and are there any concerns about "air pressure" causing any bonding problems?.......... They told me not to worry at all.....They said that they have actually done a 500 psi Shear Test on this stuff!....WOW!...... It really does "stick" to the Aluminum. This stuff stays rubbery, but very firm (like a hard rubber) and you can pull on it, try to push it off, etc. and it sure stays stuck!
Lords also told me that this Sealant is actually used as an Adhesive to hold automotive body panels together!.......... It's pretty amazing!
As a test, I went ahead and put a bead of this Sealant onto some 2" x 3" pieces of 10Ga. scrap aluminum I had in the Shop and pushed them together. A few days later, I tried to pull them apart by hand.....I couldn't do it! ..........Tough stuff!!

Again, THANKS to everyone that responded to my post. I really do appreciate the help........ Hopefully, this info. will also help someone else.

Harold
OkieRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 12:41 PM   #12
Tom Goldman
VIP Member

Liked 699 Times in 203 Posts
Thumbs up Re: "Sealing" Cragar Super Trick Front Wheels

Glad to hear it worked for you.
I use it for all sorts of applications , it really works great for sealing wheel tubs to quarter panels .
Old 09-20-2016, 02:40 PM   #13
Lenny5160

Liked 432 Times in 225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieRocket View Post
I used Tom's suggestion and decided to go with some of the Lords Fusor Sealant Adhesive....... I think it worked out great!...... 5 days after completing the job, and my Super Trick Wheels are still holding air (without Tubes) and not leaking at all! I know the real test will be putting load onto the Tires and "going down the track," but for now, I'm really happy with the way my Wheels turned out.

As this Sealant appears to have done such a good job on my Wheels, I thought I'd "pass along" some info., as it might be helpful to other Racers out there. It sure helped me...... Maybe it can help someone else too?

After Tom's recommendation, I called the manufacturer to ask a few questions and learn a little more about the product. They told me the "part number" had actually changed to 800DTM. They said it still has the same qualities as the 803EZ that Tom had recommended; 800DTM [/B] is just the "current" product number. 800DTM is Beige in color. (This product is also available in Black as part # 803DTM.) It comes in a Std. size Tube that will fit into Std. Caulking Guns.

I had also told Lords (the Mfr.) that I wanted to hold approx. 45 psi, or so, of Air in my Tires and are there any concerns about "air pressure" causing any bonding problems?.......... They told me not to worry at all.....They said that they have actually done a 500 psi Shear Test on this stuff!....WOW!...... It really does "stick" to the Aluminum. This stuff stays rubbery, but very firm (like a hard rubber) and you can pull on it, try to push it off, etc. and it sure stays stuck!
Lords also told me that this Sealant is actually used as an Adhesive to hold automotive body panels together!.......... It's pretty amazing!
As a test, I went ahead and put a bead of this Sealant onto some 2" x 3" pieces of 10Ga. scrap aluminum I had in the Shop and pushed them together. A few days later, I tried to pull them apart by hand.....I couldn't do it! ..........Tough stuff!!

Again, THANKS to everyone that responded to my post. I really do appreciate the help........ Hopefully, this info. will also help someone else.

Harold
One of the most interesting mixes of quotation marks, bold, underline, all caps, and italics I've ever seen!
Old 05-07-2017, 05:14 PM   #14
OkieRocket

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Just an "update"........ 6 months later and my tires are still holding air. Looks like the Lord's FUSOR Sealant worked out great! Maybe this stuff can help someone else out!

Harold
OkieRocket is offline   Reply With Quote