HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-01-2009, 02:38 PM   #1

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Vegas teardown question??

All class eliminations were run on Thursday for Stk and SS. Friday was a day off for both classes. Sometime on Thursday, all those chosen were invited (on Thursday) to show up Friday AM with cars and tools. All were asked for manifold, carb or throttle body and one head. My question is, were these engines sealed on Thursday? I do not believe the cars were placed in a secure compound over night. Is it normal SOP for teardown to be delayed until the next day?
7423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 03:17 PM   #2
Julie Jordan

Liked 354 Times in 73 Posts
Default Re: Vegas teardown question??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7423 View Post
All class eliminations were run on Thursday for Stk and SS. Friday was a day off for both classes. Sometime on Thursday, all those chosen were invited (on Thursday) to show up Friday AM with cars and tools. All were asked for manifold, carb or throttle body and one head. My question is, were these engines sealed on Thursday? I do not believe the cars were placed in a secure compound over night. Is it normal SOP for teardown to be delayed until the next day?
Charlie ~ At many races, that is SOP, the big one being at Indy. From my prior experience, I can tell you that the engines were sealed. I don't have first-hand knowledge of what happened in Vegas.
Old 11-01-2009, 03:17 PM   #3
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7423 View Post
I've been torn down twice in Div 1 and checked the next morning.The engine was sealed the night before at weight/fuel check.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 04:28 PM   #4
Chuck Norton

Liked 72 Times in 16 Posts

Charlie,

The cars to be torn down on Friday in Las Vegas were, indeed, sealed in several locations including the motor mount bolts, throttle body bolts, and intake. In my experience, that's been the standard operating procedure for tear-downs any time the car is allowed to be removed from the sight of officials.

c
Chuck Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 06:23 PM   #5

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Thank you Julie, Ed and Chuck. Pretty soon I will no longer be a virgin at this, LOL!!!!!!
7423 is offline   Reply With Quote