HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-12-2018, 12:04 PM   #41
340Cuda
VIP Member

Liked 677 Times in 290 Posts
Default Re: All Access @ Pomona

I get as frustrated with All Access as anyone, I have a laundry list of things I would like to see them do. However to me its better than nothing and it is really not that expensive if you subscribe for a year and take the NHRA member discount. This is an excerpt from the National Dragster article I mentioned earlier in this thread. You all do what you want but I am going to subscribe again in 2019, everyone else can obviously do what they want.

"For the 2019 season, All Access will be re-branded with a new name — NHRA.TV is one of the possibilities — as it becomes part of a technology partnership with Sony, hosted on Sony’s Ven.ue platform, the new-look, newly branded product will continue to host live streaming from national events but will also begin to provide various other streaming content, features on NHRA drivers and crews, behind the-scenes event coverage, and great moments from the vast NHRA library dating back to the 1950s.

With the move to Ven.ue, the new NHRA OTT service will be available on multiple platforms like mobile,PlayStation, smart TVs, Xbox, and Roku, to name a few. Other features such as customized live streams to allow viewers to directly access a particular pairing, class, or team will be rolled out during the year.

There is a second part to the Sony partnership called Ci, which may not be as obvious to race fans in their day-to-day consumption of racing media, but it will become the backbone of how NHRA Productions handles and prepares content for distribution to a digital consumer. Ci provides NHRA with a cloud-based
architecture for converting its analog library and storing it and any new content in a digital realm. When fully operational, NHRA editors and producers will be able to work with their content from virtually anywhere and quickly publish to platforms like social media."

The OTT acronym is "Over The Top" and was defined earlier in the article, I guess its an industry buzz word.

Bill Lamb
340Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote