HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing

Old 08-24-2010, 04:10 PM   #1
Tom Goldman
VIP Member

Liked 696 Times in 201 Posts
Default Sportsman Council phone conference Tonight!

I recieved an e-mail yesterday from John D., D1 .90 sportsman rep, that I unfortunately just opened this afternoon. .....The Sportsman Council will be meeting this evening via teleconference . .......Among the topics of discussion will be allowing S/ST racers to run two classes.......changing the .90 class index's......And the one that troubles me, trying to schedule national and divisional races back to back.............I would have thought it would have been a good idea to float these topics before us,possibly polling members who are actually competing ,before discussing them with NHRA ........A little more time to comment would be appreciated in the future.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:03 PM   #2
Charlie Yannetti

Liked 179 Times in 77 Posts
Default Re: Sportsman Council phone conference Tonight!

Got your back on this one Tom.. a discussion a few weeks before the conference would have been great.. In my opinion, should I be asked, is that Super Street is an entry level class.. once a racer leaves Super Street to race another class, that racer can not return to Super Street.. the .90's classes indexes could be bumped up a second as most competitor's can run at least a second faster than the class they are in right now.. but a poll is in order.. there should not be any back to back races within your division.. if you choose to go out of division and it happens to fall back to back, then it's on you..

It would also be nice to have a couple of safety issues discussed.. such as racing after the dew comes in at certain tracks, if not all tracks.. and doing away with night racing.. this weekend's lighting situation at Cecil County could have been disasterous.. the return road was illuminated better than the track.. we were all pretty lucky.. I know I was..

Maybe in the future, the top 10 in each .90 class could be contacted for their opinions on issues to be discussed.. or each class pick a rep to talk to John.. just my 2 cents..
Charlie Yannetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 05:16 PM   #3
Rick Bailey

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Red face Re: Sportsman Council phone conference Tonight!

Tom ....will yourself and Rock be posting on here the details of the conference ?

Thanks
Old 08-24-2010, 06:01 PM   #4
Tom Goldman
VIP Member

Liked 696 Times in 201 Posts

Rick, John DiBarthelemeo is the D1 rep. ....I only know of this since John sent out an e-mail yesterday,apparently with only a limited number of recipants.....Hopefully ,he Rock,and the others will inform us here on Class Racer,which I feel has a wide reach for contacting racers and for gathering their thoughts on different subjects. ........
Old 08-24-2010, 06:03 PM   #5
Bob Verwold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think Rock and the guys representing the .90 classes got some input from the fix super class post.
I do hope they post the results/ details of the meeting.
Bob Verwold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:12 PM   #6
Greg Barsamian
VIP Member

Liked 388 Times in 82 Posts

Goldman cant make it!

It's his Birthday today!

Hope U had a good one!
Greg Barsamian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:14 PM   #7
CBS
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

We had a phone conference tonite which will only put issues on the NHRA boards list of things to discuss.....I think I have a pretty good feel for what the Div 3 guys want....what wasn't odvious we asked for a poll on NHRA.com.

We asked for hand brakes to be allowed on dragsters...a seperate system...currently not allowed but widely used

We asked for diapers on all cars...

we asked for the scotty rule to be removed...so the super street guys can run 2 classes

we asked for a poll to see if the majority wanted the indexes lowered in super gas and super comp .5 sec ...many of us were worried it would drive costs up and we don't want that...hopefully we will get a poll on this one...

We discussed revamping the points system...ie the bonus points and the short fields getting 105

We discussed double points races....and or a points race at the sports nationals...in addition to the nationals....trying to cut costs and increase participation....this will be discussed at the track operators meetings....as it is partially their issue...

We needed to get some issues out there so when the NHRA board meets they consider our requests...we can't change the world but maybe we can improve it a little each year...

Getting all the Reps together sounds simple...but I guess it isn't...as the Div 6 rep couldn't make it...Johnny D from Div 1...Steve Cohen from Div 2...Rock Haas from Div 3...Terry Sullivan from Div 4.....Terry Edwards from Div 5...George Scott from Div 6....and Steve Williams from Div 7....Mike Rice of NHRA is the moderator of the super class SRAC and Jay Hullinger also sat in.

Thanks,

Rock
CBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:16 PM   #8
S/G 386N

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to S/G 386N

Rock, I don't know if anyone has brought this up before, so I'll bring it up. The insurance that we pay for at national events, now up to $60 from the $40 it was last and previous years. What is it? I know of several people that complain about it and think it's a waste.

One friend when at the registration trailer at US Nationals last year asked what he got for his $40 insurance money. Answer = there wasn't an answer.

Then asked if he could see a copy of the insurance policy Answer = "we don't have a copy"

He asked for someone higher up than the ticket girl to get an answer. He didn't have an answer to either of his questions either.

If they are making us pay for it, there should at least be a copy of this policy available.

If there a way to opt out of getting the insurance? If there is, I can't find it. I have more than enough life insurance for my family if something tragic were to happen to me while racing. I doubt the NHRA's insurance money will be anything more than a drop in the bucket compared to what I already have.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:26 PM   #9
Bob Verwold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rock, Thanks for the update..
Bob Verwold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 04:49 AM   #10
Joe Pinkston

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Thanks Rock.

One more thing. Any word on who the new Div. 2 director will be?

Hey Dan Moore, you're #1.

RIP Mark Graham