Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-30-2010, 12:04 AM   #11
Gerber3533

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Impact Clothing Date

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrin Christen View Post
I was told the same thing last week! I'm guessing after June 22 we will all have a bunch of Impact junk!
I called the SFI Foundation the other day, and the lady said to me: (and I quote) "The only thing the June 22nd date effects is Impact's membership and affliliation with SFI and it's research and development programs. If Impact does not resolve their problem and prove to us (SFI) the appropriate changes were made, their membership will not be renewed. This only effects products made AFTER the June 22nd date."

So, pretty much she's saying that if Impact doesn't get their act together, they won't be affiliated with SFI any longer. This inturn means that anything made AFTER June 22nd will not be accepted by NHRA. (Suits, gloves, undergarments, neck collars, belts, etc. - anything with an AFI tag... NOT HELMETS - They are SNELL.)

Now, since 3.2A/5 suits last FOREVER, if you get any replacements (suits, belts, etc.) BEFORE (or around) the June 22nd date, you'll be fine to wear it as long as it lasts. This only applies to 3.2A/15 and 3.2A/20 suits that need to be replaced every so many number of years. Also, gloves, neck collars, and shoes which ALSO last forever, will be fine as well... So again, ONLY 3.2A/15, 3.2A/20, and Belts will be effected by the June 22nd date.

...Hope this helps!

Last edited by Gerber3533; 04-30-2010 at 12:06 AM.
Gerber3533 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:45 AM   #12
Darrin Christen

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Angry Re: Impact Clothing Date

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerber3533 View Post
I called the SFI Foundation the other day, and the lady said to me: (and I quote) "The only thing the June 22nd date effects is Impact's membership and affliliation with SFI and it's research and development programs. If Impact does not resolve their problem and prove to us (SFI) the appropriate changes were made, their membership will not be renewed. This only effects products made AFTER the June 22nd date."

So, pretty much she's saying that if Impact doesn't get their act together, they won't be affiliated with SFI any longer. This inturn means that anything made AFTER June 22nd will not be accepted by NHRA. (Suits, gloves, undergarments, neck collars, belts, etc. - anything with an AFI tag... NOT HELMETS - They are SNELL.)

Now, since 3.2A/5 suits last FOREVER, if you get any replacements (suits, belts, etc.) BEFORE (or around) the June 22nd date, you'll be fine to wear it as long as it lasts. This only applies to 3.2A/15 and 3.2A/20 suits that need to be replaced every so many number of years. Also, gloves, neck collars, and shoes which ALSO last forever, will be fine as well... So again, ONLY 3.2A/15, 3.2A/20, and Belts will be effected by the June 22nd date.

...Hope this helps!
I think at this point the only thing that would help is a full refund, and we all know thats not going to happen! Unfortunately I purchased a 3.2a5 jacket, pants, and gloves from the Impact trailer at the Houston Nationals last year 3/27/09 and paid cash. I have a reciept and all it says is jacket, pants, and gloves with the price next to each, no item numbers or manufacture dates on the reciept to prove anything.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:36 AM   #13
Gerber3533

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrin Christen View Post
I think at this point the only thing that would help is a full refund, and we all know thats not going to happen! Unfortunately I purchased a 3.2a5 jacket, pants, and gloves from the Impact trailer at the Houston Nationals last year 3/27/09 and paid cash. I have a reciept and all it says is jacket, pants, and gloves with the price next to each, no item numbers or manufacture dates on the reciept to prove anything.
When I talked to the lady at Impact, she told me: (and I quote, again) "When returning the the merchandise involed in the lawsuit, all you need is to return it to Impact w/ any recipets or proofs of purchase OR the actual merchandise itself. Along with your name, address, phone number, and decription of what is being returned and why. You will recieve 50% off anything you get replaced." (Better than nothing, in my mind. I'm in NO financial situation to go out and buy a new $500-600 suit.)

You can even call yourself if you don't believe me. I just sent my belts back two weeks ago, and go them within a few days. Then I sent my suit and neckcollar back on Monday, and she said it should be a few weeks. (But that's what she said about the belts, and it only took a few days - They're walking on eggshells anyways, so they can't piss anyone else off anymore.)

Just my 2 cents and personal experience on the situation... So, once again, hope it helps!
Old 04-30-2010, 09:56 AM   #14
Darrin Christen

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerber3533 View Post
When I talked to the lady at Impact, she told me: (and I quote, again) "When returning the the merchandise involed in the lawsuit, all you need is to return it to Impact w/ any recipets or proofs of purchase OR the actual merchandise itself. Along with your name, address, phone number, and decription of what is being returned and why. You will recieve 50% off anything you get replaced." (Better than nothing, in my mind. I'm in NO financial situation to go out and buy a new $500-600 suit.)

You can even call yourself if you don't believe me. I just sent my belts back two weeks ago, and go them within a few days. Then I sent my suit and neckcollar back on Monday, and she said it should be a few weeks. (But that's what she said about the belts, and it only took a few days - They're walking on eggshells anyways, so they can't piss anyone else off anymore.)

Just my 2 cents and personal experience on the situation... So, once again, hope it helps!
Your information is correct, I called and spoke to them last Friday and was told the same things. I spent $500 just last year on jacket, pants, and gloves and can't afford to do it again this year, so hopefully I'll make it through tech the rest of the year. I will have my old Simpson stuff in the trailer just in case. I really hate this because the Impact stuff is really comfortable.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:13 AM   #15
MOVEMAN

Liked 11 Times in 2 Posts
Thumbs down Re: Impact Clothing Date

4/22/2010
NHRA Tech Bulletin
SFI announced late last night that 3.2A/5 suits made prior to 2009 by Impact Racing have been decertified effectively immediately. As a result, and per NHRA’s Rulebook, those products are no longer allowed for use at NHRA sanctioned events.

I felt like the Tech Director was telling me I didn't know how to read when he said"We notified everyone that Impact Belts were decertified"!!!! REALLY??? I saw this and every other notification and they all say SUITS! This information and notification was handled by IDIOTS! Did anyone show up at a race this weekend and get told you were not racing unless you put belts in your car? I DID X2 ! Did anyone race with Impact Belts or Impact belts with an expiration in 2010? I heard there was!

I have 2 sets of G-Force latch type 5 piece belts for sale! I use the camlock type in my cars.
Moveman
S/C 13
"Creating customers for life"
MOVEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 03:00 PM   #16
JJ3159

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

my belts passed at atco ,july 09 but i know some guys had to change them
Old 05-05-2010, 10:12 AM   #17
Charlie Yannetti

Liked 179 Times in 77 Posts

At the recent points race at Atco, none of my Impact driving gear would be accepted.. Yup, I said NONE!!.. unless accompanied by a letter from Impact verifying the "ACTUAL" Date of Manufacture.. receipts and invoices were unacceptable.. the handwritten dates on the tags were basically deemed fictitious..

My belts were accepted because they had an SFI tag punched with an acceptable date.. my helmet was accepted because it is Snell rated, not SFI rated..

I am attempting to return all my Impact stuff as it is all less than 3 weeks old and unacceptable without a letter.. my thought is, eventually the letter will also be unacceptable as the suit or gear may be more than a fews years old and just taken off of the shelf by someone with a Sharpee who puts a date on it.. NHRA Tech has this question in their minds and I'm not taking another chance..
Charlie Yannetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:31 AM   #18
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts
Talking Re: Impact Clothing Date

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Yannetti View Post
At the recent points race at Atco, none of my Impact driving gear would be accepted.. Yup, I said NONE!!.. unless accompanied by a letter from Impact verifying the "ACTUAL" Date of Manufacture.. receipts and invoices were unacceptable.. the handwritten dates on the tags were basically deemed fictitious..

My belts were accepted because they had an SFI tag punched with an acceptable date.. my helmet was accepted because it is Snell rated, not SFI rated..

I am attempting to return all my Impact stuff as it is all less than 3 weeks old and unacceptable without a letter.. my thought is, eventually the letter will also be unacceptable as the suit or gear may be more than a fews years old and just taken off of the shelf by someone with a Sharpee who puts a date on it.. NHRA Tech has this question in their minds and I'm not taking another chance..
Everybody should take their Impact jackets,pants,gloves,shoes, whatever and put it out at the track and sell the stuff to the spectators.Some of them love wearing this stuff.It will become the next trend,like wearing your pants 6" below the crack or wearing your hat backwards.Impact will become the new Nike of the advertising industry.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 07:02 AM   #19
MOVEMAN

Liked 11 Times in 2 Posts
Thumbs down Re: Impact Clothing Date

Charlie,
Where your belts Impact? What was the acceptable date? My belts were not out of date yet, but they would not accept them! Would you agree that they told us that SFI 3.2A/5 suits were unacceptable if made prior to 2009? I saw that a number of times at different sites, but how they can just throw in any other gear on the list has me boggled! What other gear didn't they accept other than your suit ?
Moveman
S/C 13
"Creating Customers For Life"
MOVEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 08:57 AM   #20
voltdr

Liked 87 Times in 47 Posts

At our most recent Div 4 event, 4-23 to 4-25, Tech did not accept any Impact gear that did not have the "date of mfg" mark permanently on the SFI tag. I have Impact belts and they were OK.
voltdr is offline   Reply With Quote