HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing

Old 04-26-2010, 08:47 AM   #1
Ron Steiner

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Impact Clothing Date

Impact clothing made prior to 2009 has been decertified effective immediately. Does anybody know where the manufactured date is located on their jackets and pants?
Ron Steiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:45 AM   #2
Chris Williams

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Impact Clothing Date

That's a huge part of the problem. Many items were manufactured without a date...
Old 04-26-2010, 11:08 AM   #3
Charlie Yannetti

Liked 179 Times in 77 Posts

There is a white label on the inside of each garment.. unfortunately, my labels were blank..
Charlie Yannetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:51 PM   #4
ray4604

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Got an e-mail from IHRA addressing this. Hope this helps.

Attention Racers:
In regards to our current situation with SFI, we understand that some racers may have trouble passing tech inspections with Impact Racing safety equipment. To remedy this inconvenience, Impact Racing can provide you with a Date of Manufacture Verification form for products purchased in 2009 and 2010 only. If you call the Impact Racing office at 317-852-3067 you can obtain this form from any one of our sales associates. You will have to provide a proof of purchase. Please check with your sanctioning body to see if this form will allow you to pass tech and race at your event. Any racers with products purchased prior to 2009 can call Impact to order new product at a discounted rate.

ray4604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 05:56 PM   #5
TCOONLY

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool Re: Impact Clothing Date

I have an impact jacket i bought from summit at the end of april last year with no date on it. When i called impact about this i had 2 different sales reps tell me to write the date i bought it on the tag and keep the reciept from summit with me. Hope that works because im leaving for rockingham tomorrow with my impact jacket.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:43 PM   #6
Darrin Christen

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Angry Re: Impact Clothing Date

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCOONLY View Post
I have an impact jacket i bought from summit at the end of april last year with no date on it. When i called impact about this i had 2 different sales reps tell me to write the date i bought it on the tag and keep the reciept from summit with me. Hope that works because im leaving for rockingham tomorrow with my impact jacket.
I was told the same thing last week! I'm guessing after June 22 we will all have a bunch of Impact junk!
Old 04-27-2010, 10:23 PM   #7
SC1317

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think you're taking a big chance on hoping a receipt with purchase date will get you through tech! Travel cost, entry fees all with the hope it's good enough. (Bring plenty of beer,might need it) Purchase date is not a manufacture date and with the stories coming from the races, tech is quite tired of Impact's nonsense. I wish you the best of luck with this terrible situation!

Impact will give you a "discount" on replacement...No Thank You!...just my 2cents
Old 04-28-2010, 03:32 PM   #8
Greg Barsamian
VIP Member

Liked 390 Times in 84 Posts

Big Thanks to Summit Racing / NHRA Div 1 ( Impact issue)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Called Summit today about my Impact fire suit. Had bought it in January 09... NHRA Div 1 said it would not be allowed as it was most likely made in 2008. After giving the Summit pro shop my invoice numbers I was informed that they would exchange it for another Impact suit or any other brand that I wanted. I like the Impact Nomex version and wanted similar..but they were out of that particular type in my size from a few other manufacturers...and I did check on their website before I called them. NHRA said the new Impact suit should have a date of manufacture on it and if it didn't to keep the 2010 receipts on hand at the races. I also asked Summit if there was a similar issue in the future with Impact would they honor the exchange...I was informed that at anytime in the future if this happened again they would give me another exchange for any other brand. This is how you keep your customers.....Thank You Summit Racing Equipment.

Have to also thank the NHRA Division 1 office for their advice to call Summit...had read that most racers were getting snubbed when it came to returning product to certain companies so I figured I wasn't going to get anywhere..Thanks Dave.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:57 PM   #9
voltdr

Liked 87 Times in 47 Posts

I was told that a receipt cannot be matched to a particular item. There aren't any serial numbers to separate any item from the next. Just writing a date and telling a tech official that this receipt goes with this suit is ridiculous. It's time to get over it and replace your safety equipment if it does not have a MFG date on the SFI tag. Has anyone seen the new Impact suits? Do they have the MFG date on the tag?
voltdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 05:07 PM   #10
Rick Blake

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Any racers looking for a low cost alternative due to Impact.....might try here if your replacing a /5 suit: http://www.raceimage.com/index.asp Buddy just picked up a suit and it was like new.....just a thought