HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-12-2007, 12:57 PM   #1
maass

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Has anyone heard of David Vizard

I'm building a chevy 406 engine with a flat tappit cam, and I read in Stock Car Racing magazine that this David Vizard highly recommended something called Oil Extreme as
almost essential to use as a break-in lube. My question is does anyone know the background of David Vizard.

I don't want to use something I never heard of before unless this Vizard knows what he's talking about. Any help would be appreciated. I joined this forum because I knew hot rodders could help me. Bill
maass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 01:07 PM   #2
John Kelley

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone heard of David Vizard

He wrote articles for Popular Hot Rodding years ago.His engine builds were always kind of expensive. He pushes the "envelope" so to speak.

Last edited by John Kelley; 07-12-2007 at 01:49 PM.
John Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 01:30 PM   #3
JRyan

Liked 104 Times in 28 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone heard of David Vizard

David Vizard has written technical articles for several magazines and does research for many high-tech companies including GM and other auto companies. He is known for his very thurow research and redundent A B A testing. David is somewhat of an airflow wizard and probably has as many dyno runs for comparative purposes as anyone in the World.

The oil he's pushing now must have been pretty good, as he bought into the company. How it compares to the latest rage - Joe Gibbs oil - I don't know as I haven't used either.

I've met and talked with David and he has lots of stories and is quite a character. If you're thinking about doing something, he's probably already tried it.

Jerry
JRyan is offline   Reply With Quote