The Hawk
VIP Member

Liked 235 Times in 102 Posts
Send a message via AIM to The Hawk
Default Re: Trustart Debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby DiDomenico View Post
Won't help us Lane, no transbrake:-)
Sure it will. I've had a delay box on a 20 second street car before. Use a 2 Step with the front line lock and chip it down.

It`s Not What You Drive That Wins....It`s How You Drive It
The Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 10:22 PM   #62
cmracing

Liked 62 Times in 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnca2010 View Post
The tracks tried to vote to wait until 2018 so everyone would have it and the vote got mysteriously cut off by the moderator.. Whoever that was.
You from Division 1?
cmracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 10:42 PM   #63
John Tabak

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Slow Car has been "on" all weekend. In the final he goes .004 red, runs it out and is .012 safe on his number. Had he not staged a little dirty, he would have been almost unbeatable. Fast Car didn't notice Slow Car's red light as he was too busy trying to keep his car from stalling. It eventually does come up on the chip as he looks up to the tree and sees the top bulb light. In his flustered state he reacts to it, the car lurches forward, dies and rolls to a stop 30' out with a puddle forming underneath.
Later that night in the pits while celebrating Fast Car hears a rumor about something called Trustart and accuses Slow Car of wanting a Participant Trophy.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Seriously though, I think it all comes down to focus. The guy who can focus deeply enough to consistently hit the bottom bulb has probably already pretty much mastered mentally blocking out the visual distractions. I think our biggest potential distraction is inside the helmet.
John Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 11:25 PM   #64
Jeff Stout
VIP Member

Liked 655 Times in 255 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tabak View Post
Slow Car has been "on" all weekend. In the final he goes .004 red, runs it out and is .012 safe on his number. Had he not staged a little dirty, he would have been almost unbeatable. Fast Car didn't notice Slow Car's red light as he was too busy trying to keep his car from stalling. It eventually does come up on the chip as he looks up to the tree and sees the top bulb light. In his flustered state he reacts to it, the car lurches forward, dies and rolls to a stop 30' out with a puddle forming underneath.
Later that night in the pits while celebrating Fast Car hears a rumor about something called Trustart and accuses Slow Car of wanting a Participant Trophy.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Seriously though, I think it all comes down to focus. The guy who can focus deeply enough to consistently hit the bottom bulb has probably already pretty much mastered mentally blocking out the visual distractions. I think our biggest potential distraction is inside the helmet.
Great story. I also agree the clean tree is inside the helmet. I've been slow and fast and have no problem with clean tree when being fast.
Jeff Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 03:07 AM   #65
John Tabak

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks Jeff but that's not exactly what I said. I would say clean tree is an advantage and dirty tree requires more focus. With enough focus the advantage of the clean tree can be lessened or negated. I prefer to be the fast car as in my opinion being able to see the race/finish line is more advantageous than a clean tree.
John Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 10:21 AM   #66
barnca2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[QUOTE=cmracing;524651]You from Division
nope

https://www.facebook.com/WHEELZUPRADIO

Last edited by barnca2010; 01-20-2017 at 11:07 AM.
barnca2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 06:42 PM   #67
Bunkster

Liked 43 Times in 10 Posts

Clean finish line as opposed to a dirty finish line?
Bunkster is offline   Reply With Quote