Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge

Old 07-24-2018, 03:32 PM   #11
David Lee
VIP Member

Liked 246 Times in 99 Posts
Default Re: Salvage title in Ohio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6130 View Post
It comes down to what "the right price" is.

I've seen a lot of people pay WAY too much for vehicles with flagged titles, and being faced with losing a ton of money because of it.
all you have proved is some people are stupid, which has nothing to do with my question to the op
David Lee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 12:59 PM   #12

Liked 117 Times in 50 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lee View Post
all you have proved is some people are stupid, which has nothing to do with my question to the op
David, I wouldn't call them "stupid".

They were simply people that didn't know that no matter how good the vehicle looks and drives, it doesn't have any significant value if it's ever been declared a total loss.
6130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 04:25 PM   #13
David Lee
VIP Member

Quote:
David, I wouldn't call them "stupid".

They were simply people that didn't know that no matter how good the vehicle looks and drives, it doesn't have any significant value if it's ever been declared a total loss.
ok, then they are ignorant and that still has nothing to do with my first comment
Old 07-29-2018, 11:17 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lee View Post
ok, then they are ignorant and that still has nothing to do with my first comment
I don't see the point in applying derogatory labels to them. They're just people that don't know any better. Not everybody is an expert in every area of their own lives. I certainly couldn't be my own doctor.

I used to manage auto repair shops, and had a pretty good eye for this kind of stuff when doing pre-purchase inspections. I discovered a lot of rebuilt totals that were not declared as such by the sellers, and in doing so, I saved a lot of prospective buyers a lot of heartache. These were normal families, who thought they had found a good "deal" on a used car, and I was able to protect them from the financial predators that were seeking to victimize these good people.
Old 07-29-2018, 04:44 PM   #15
David Lee
VIP Member

Quote:
I don't see the point in applying derogatory labels to them. They're just people that don't know any better. Not everybody is an expert in every area of their own lives. I certainly couldn't be my own doctor.

I used to manage auto repair shops, and had a pretty good eye for this kind of stuff when doing pre-purchase inspections. I discovered a lot of rebuilt totals that were not declared as such by the sellers, and in doing so, I saved a lot of prospective buyers a lot of heartache. These were normal families, who thought they had found a good "deal" on a used car, and I was able to protect them from the financial predators that were seeking to victimize these good people.
if they are not educated in this they are ignorant. Admitting ignorance in a subject is an honest position. I admit ignorance every timer i ask a question.

Amd none of this still has nothing to do with my original question to the OP.
Old 08-04-2018, 07:21 AM   #16
FrankM

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Thanks for the input. We couldn't agree on a price so ended up walking away, it wasn't priced as a sweet deal because it was a salvage but the car was as advertised. Ragtop 69 Vette 350-350hp matching numbers 4 speed.
FrankM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 10:24 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankM View Post
Thanks for the input. We couldn't agree on a price so ended up walking away, it wasn't priced as a sweet deal because it was a salvage but the car was as advertised. Ragtop 69 Vette 350-350hp matching numbers 4 speed.
Probably for the best. The term "numbers matching" is meaningless on a salvage title car.