HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-16-2010, 04:44 PM   #1
Dick Butler
VIP Member

Liked 32 Times in 19 Posts
Default A/FX or what for 2011?

Lots of discussion about the new cars and mumbling of new classes and some cars taken back off the" for sale" market. Does that mean its officially "Solved" ? Is FX a go for 2011 for these cars?
Dick Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 07:50 PM   #2
Bob Pagano
VIP Member

Liked 16 Times in 11 Posts
Default Re: A/FX or what for 2011?

Dick something better happen or a lot of higher class stockers will sit or sell as some have already. Cars are for sale all over the place and not many are selling, I wonder why. Nhra mite gain 25 or so new cars but add together AA, A, B, C, D and E and the total loss in nhra's pocket could be large to say the least. The ball is in there court. The option may be run IHRA next year for some.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:37 PM   #3
danny waters sr
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: A/FX or what for 2011?

IHRA already has aa/fi and bb/fi and are thinking about adding a cc/fi and a dd/fi. That should take care of the new car so called domination due to hp ratings. Then they can have at it amongst themselves.THIS WOULD BE FUN TO WATCH ALSO.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:50 PM   #4
Bobby Lundholm

Liked 87 Times in 34 Posts

Why not have a class just for those cars? Make it like the Darts and Barracuda's in Super Stock. Have a shootout during Indy to put these cars on display, and have the manufacturers post money to make this possible. Wouldn't this solve the problem for everyone?
Old 10-16-2010, 09:29 PM   #5
NewHemi

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

How many guys are actually affected by the new cars?

Truth is, not all that many.

But there is an overwhelming send of fairness expressed here, in spite of the fact that it actually only affects a few, but emotionally expressed by those, who are all for fairness, unless of course, it is they who hold the competitive edge.

And if they all quit, isn't it really because the new cars have taken away a lot of their personal playgrounds when they, some of the guys complaining here about the new cars, who themselves have been beating up on the all the carbureted cars with fuel injected cars, and don't want to give that up.

Haven't most just have picked a place where they can win or dominate, and have no regard for the other guys in those classes, who may also have been racing for ages, but still haven't found their magic combo. This is drag racing.

All this nonsense about the new cars driving out the old iron is just that, it is nonsense! If guys are tired of racing, then by all means, retire. It may be time for some of you to do just that. But if guys care so little about racing, that they will only show up if they have their own personal edge, then the truth is that they probably aren't any more good for the sport, than you claim for the new cars to be.

How many new cars, especially the badly bashed Challengers, will there be in Las Vegas, Three, four, or maybe just two? And guys are going to whine that they will give up racing, or simply not go to that particular race, because of the Challengers, when only a couple of classes may be affected? Or, isn't it really concerns due to the economy, and uncertain personal finances that is keepinga lot of them away? We didn't go to a couple of races for that same reason; money...

Having said all of that, I understand that you don't want to get beat. Neither do I. You want a competitive edge, and we have one. When I bought the car, I didn't even know what class we would run in, because the horsepower wasn't set yet. So don't blame the car owners, because having bought one, and spent a ton of money and a lot of time to become competitive, DP owners have as much right to run these car as anyone else has to run any others ones.

Also I didn't twist the NHRA's arm, and neither did anyone else? They did what they thought was good for the sport. You don't agree with them, and that is fine, but why continue to attack the car owners?

Bashing the cars, the owners, factory programs, and the NHRA with insults and unfounded claims of all kinds hardly seems like a productive approach. But if it makes you feel big, or somehow serves your self-serving sense of fairness, then go ahead.

Will it actually make a change? Probably no more than rational discussions, and factual presentations would have made, but that ship has sailed. But frankly, I think it is counter productive. Do you really think that calling the NHRA names, and assaulting their intention, while attacking their character is the right thing to do? Where is your sense of fairness there? Because those attacks simply aren't fair! And then you expect them to roll over in your direction. Good luck with getting everything you want.

I would welcome separate classes, but the truth is that if we do get them, then we will have to listen to all the whining about us having our own classes, and how it isn't fair for the guys running 40 year old iron, who may want their own class too. Oh well. Apparently there is nowhere we can win except on the track.

See you on the track.

David
The New Hemi Guy

Last edited by NewHemi; 10-16-2010 at 09:36 PM.
NewHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:23 PM   #6
boostedf22c

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Lundholm View Post
Why not have a class just for those cars? Make it like the Darts and Barracuda's in Super Stock. Have a shootout during Indy to put these cars on display, and have the manufacturers post money to make this possible. Wouldn't this solve the problem for everyone?
That'd be cool. A Drag Pak shootout race at Indy.
boostedf22c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 12:14 AM   #7
Mike Carr
VIP Member

Liked 80 Times in 34 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Mike Carr Send a message via MSN to Mike Carr Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Carr

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHemi View Post
How many guys are actually affected by the new cars?

I have misplaced my 2009 end of the year stats, to check total car counts. But, if you add up every Stocker that competes in a class with the DP and CJ cars (AA through H Stock), I would bet big money it is several hundred. And many more when you add in the Super Stock racers. And, yes, people ARE selling and/or parking their cars until NHRA fixes this problem. Two racers, both of whom can easily qualify at Indy and had a good chance of winning Class, told me they stayed home because of this, they ''weren't going to bring a water pistol to a tank fight''. And, until NHRA either 1) fixes the HP issues and/or 2) puts the new cars in their own class(es), there will be more racers joining them on the sidelines.

I've said several times, the new cars are cool. And, if it brings in new cars, drivers, fans, media attention, etc to out sport, it's a great thing. But not at the expense of hundreds of good drivers/cars.
Mike Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 12:33 AM   #8
MikeFicacci

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Trust me, no one would whine if they were to put these factory experimental cars in their own class where they belong.
Old 10-17-2010, 12:47 AM   #9
davidhuff

Liked 120 Times in 42 Posts

Would you guys please post the stockers that are for sale.Sorry,I just do not see them?
davidhuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 12:54 AM   #10
Andys dad
VIP Member

Liked 175 Times in 78 Posts

My B/SA '70 Camaro which can only run 10.30

This will be back to normal next year

I am not selling mine because of these cars - well not exactly

I want something new - like a V10 Drag Pak