HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Class Racer Builds
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-11-2016, 02:54 PM   #1
my69396

Liked 35 Times in 13 Posts
Exclamation Junior stocker dime/dollar rocket

I like the builds here.The amount of detail shown here is the envy of most racers. This is showing the amount of effort that it takes to make the old cars we love well again. Gone are the days of taking the car that you drive or found out behind you neighbor's garage, finding or making the parts to make it you race car. I know how much it costs to make a race car fast having spent a lot of time and money trying to make a Ford fast. I have been told by friends that I hold in high esteem that I am crazy for thinking of this project. Last summer I bought a 1957 210 2 dr that is a nice driver and thought how cool would it be to make a modern junior stocker. After checking the NHRA guide it looked like it would make a N/S and they are allowing a 4 speed. And no roll bar. I know that there is going to be a few parts that are going to cost but by spending time and a lot of effort trying to find parts not for list price that is going to be trick. I started looking for big parts and got lucky and found a broken Jerico and a used 283 stocker motor only 1300 miles away. Nothing I can't fix. And the journey begins. It won't be a perfect show car but it should make a unique race car. Pictures to follow.

Last edited by my69396; 12-12-2016 at 02:03 PM. Reason: trying to add pictures
my69396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 03:27 PM   #2
Woodfin

Liked 70 Times in 38 Posts
Default Re: Junior stocker dime/dollar rocket

YEA! sounds great. Many of us began with a Tri-five and I still hold a strong affection for them.

Please post many photos, we will be slobbering in anticipation
Woodfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 09:20 PM   #3
Painter

Liked 161 Times in 45 Posts

Reading your post apparently you are thinking no roll bar would be an advantage. Perhaps you need to think about the very most important piece of your suspension.
Painter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 10:04 PM   #4
my69396

Liked 35 Times in 13 Posts

The roll bar deal is something I don't have to do right now. Get it up and running and see how it works. It would be stiffer with the roll bar but we have all had streetcars that were as fast as this thing is going to be without one. A roll bar in the car and it would have the 2-4 motor, maybe later.
my69396 is offline   Reply With Quote