HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech

Old 01-31-2014, 01:27 AM   #11
pro stock chuck

Liked 53 Times in 17 Posts
Default Re: Schubeck lifters

sorry your info is not accurate
here the deal bob smith made the first gen lifter for the first year or so then schubeck move over to different suppliers (cutting cost) and here came the failures. this is accurate. your welcome
pro stock chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:38 PM   #12
Jim Hanig

Liked 97 Times in 47 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro stock chuck View Post
sorry your info is not accurate
here the deal bob smith made the first gen lifter for the first year or so then schubeck move over to different suppliers (cutting cost) and here came the failures. this is accurate. your welcome
Well I have seen 4or 5 failures last year, sent 1 set back after one failed he check them sent them back 10 later another one failed. I would sell them cheap if your brave enough
Jim Hanig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 09:39 AM   #13
Al Reed

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

We had SM Lifters (not Schubecks), a puck got scared of 9K+ rpms and decided to leave, did a fair bit of damage. This was at a pro's shop being dynoed when it occurred.
Rights springs, right everything, lifter just flat out failed. Cost a bunch to fix it all....
Al Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 03:02 PM   #14
Glenn Briglio
VIP Member

Liked 819 Times in 263 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Reed View Post
We had SM Lifters (not Schubecks), a puck got scared of 9K+ rpms and decided to leave, did a fair bit of damage. This was at a pro's shop being dynoed when it occurred.
Rights springs, right everything, lifter just flat out failed. Cost a bunch to fix it all....
Wow 9K+ rpm for a flat tappet cam and lifters. What kind of spring being used for that application. Just want to know that combo.
Glenn Briglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 04:02 PM   #15
Dyno

Liked 525 Times in 173 Posts

I was at a dyno session with a new 426 max wedge. 5th or 6th pull there was a quick miss in the engine and immediately the engine was shut off. Completely destroyed the new maxie. Needed new pistons and a complete rebuild. A puck had come off one of the new lifters. I would not use them, but many racers have had good luck with them. Good luck to you! Dyno
Dyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 04:45 PM   #16
John Dinkel

Liked 233 Times in 62 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Schubeck lifters

Jim, I have been running them for years with no problems. Installed 5 or 6 cams and ran them flat out.
Old 09-04-2015, 06:31 PM   #17
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,543 Times in 1,267 Posts

Schubeck lifters.... Buyers beware, A large number of racers have ran them with NO problems, However if they fail they take a lot of good parts with them . Risk vs. Reward ? .....M.J.
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 01:36 AM   #18
GTX JOHN
VIP Member

Liked 1,776 Times in 569 Posts

We have had a bunch of trouble with them......Smith's too!

I have several near new sets of Smith's Hyd. and the punks can be
removed easily by pulling them out of housing. i am scared to use them.
Can the punks be safely glued back in? I am scared to try....... Smith's
never answers the phone or returns my calls.

Apparently my business means less than nothing to them.....In last 10 to 15 years I have bought no less than 12 sets. they were better when I first started to use them and got them from Schubeck right at his shop in Vegas.
Of nearly a dozen sets........About 4 sets broke!!

Last edited by GTX JOHN; 09-05-2015 at 01:39 AM.
GTX JOHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 09:55 AM   #19
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,016 Times in 264 Posts

We have never hurt a Schubeck without another failure coming first. However, the first and only business dealing I had with Schubeck was very bad. That said, we/I have not run any of Smith's, but a lot of people I know who are extremely well versed in Stock Eliminator engines have lost Smith's lifters, not likely through any fault of anything but the lifter. Had even worse dealings with PPPC. That's the reason I use and sell Trend tool steel lifters now, after nearly 4 years of selling more than two dozen sets as a small low volume dealer, I've not had anyone complain of a failure, and most have bought more than one set.
Old 09-07-2015, 11:40 AM   #20
Greg Reimer 7376
VIP Member

Liked 644 Times in 205 Posts
Question Re: Schubeck lifters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Roehrich View Post
We have never hurt a Schubeck without another failure coming first. However, the first and only business dealing I had with Schubeck was very bad. That said, we/I have not run any of Smith's, but a lot of people I know who are extremely well versed in Stock Eliminator engines have lost Smith's lifters, not likely through any fault of anything but the lifter. Had even worse dealings with PPPC. That's the reason I use and sell Trend tool steel lifters now, after nearly 4 years of selling more than two dozen sets as a small low volume dealer, I've not had anyone complain of a failure, and most have bought more than one set.
Sounds good to me. I've had no problems with Smiths yet, but the tool steel setup sounds a lot more reliable. Does anything have to be done to the camshaft?I have Bullet steel billet cams in both my motors, nice pieces, but I don't need glass fragments all through the place. Who sells the Trends and are they just a drop in replacement for the Smiths?
Greg Reimer 7376 is offline   Reply With Quote