HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Tech > Support Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-28-2013, 08:10 PM   #1
dragsterdoug

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default top lube for alky

A friend of mine switched from gas to alky a few weeks ago. He used my alky with 3 tablespoons of top lube per 5 gal. After a few races he purchased a drum of alky that came with lube in it. He slowed down about .004 while a lot of others stayed the same or picked up a little. My question is have you ever heard of a car slowing down in this situation. The 55 gal drum was sealed and came from a reputable dealer. Thanks in advance, Doug
dragsterdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:48 AM   #2
Bill Baer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: top lube for alky

No I have not, however methanol in hygroscopic and will readly absorb water even the humidity out of the air if not kept tightly capped. Which could affect it's potency. Which could have affected you friends performance.
I'm curious when you said it slowed .004? That's a very small performance difference and difficult if not impossible to measure accurately given the number of variables involved I struggle with trying to keep my bucket of bolts within +/- .01