HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-22-2007, 11:02 AM   #1
BIZMANRACING

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default ????????? what rear gear ??????????

ALL THE PIECES ARE BACK IN PLACE AND I?M READY TO GO RACING AGAIN.

My second question concerns rear gear ratio. The last time the car went down the track it was on alcohol without a vacuum pump. And ran 10.200 at 130 mph and zero oil pressure. My little small block (383) with a 5:13 gear was dead. It spun bearing and the crankshaft was cracked. So my 383 days were over. And time for an upgrade.

The upgrade included more cubes in my small block to 427. I got rid of the steel rods for aluminum to help as a shock absorber for any possible detonation. So I should me making more power to the tune of 9.4 to 9.5 E.T.?s at 140 mph or better, at least I hope to.

I had my power glide freshen by at dynamic transmissions / converters (they do great work by the way) with the understanding that I would be making more power and in theory the converter is ready to do its job, with the new set up.

So my question is. What rear gear should I put in there (by the way I have the big tire in there 32X14X15, using a 9 inch rear)? And, are my e.t. Predicision?s correct, or wishful thinking?

carlos Mendes
s/st 1739
BIZMANRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 10:58 PM   #2
Mike Hedger

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: ????????? what rear gear ??????????

Gear depends how hard you want to turn it in high gear. I would start with a 4.57 and go from there. You need about 750-800 HP to run those #s at 2800-2900 pounds.