HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-25-2014, 01:54 PM   #1
63corvette

Liked 281 Times in 88 Posts
Default Bought My Last Dedenbear Product

I have just been informed by Mark at Dedenbear that they pay contingency for ONLY their newest STS throttle stop. Only available for about a year and won't fit under my cars hood and scoop.
My TS-6 does not apply and it was my fault for expecting any payment by not reading their rules. Its always the racers fault is what I told him and he asked who's product I was going to buy and I said just not yours.
My bad I guess for not researching the issue before calling.
Just the latest way to get out of paying contingency.
My Dedenbear decal is coming off and I plan to spread the word with racers I know.
NHRA and many of the manufactures of the racing products put out the carrot of contingency and then jerk it away leaving the racers who spend a lot of money on those products holding the empty bag when it comes time to pay any of the contingencies.

Don't get me wrong many of the contingency postings have paid and some pay only after jumping through many hoops of receipts, documentation and serial numbers and I appreciate those but several have not paid and I expect some will never pay like others in the past.

I have always used Dedenbear products and have been a loyal customer but no more. I am DONE with Dedenbear...

Rick Cates
Canyon, TX
63corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 05:46 PM   #2
Rich Biebel
VIP Member

Liked 510 Times in 200 Posts
Default Re: Bought My Last Dedenbear Product

That is nothing new with them.....

I won a National event in 1988. I had a Dedenbaer plate stop on the car.
Sent them a nice letter and offered to endorse their products.
They took out a half page ad in ND and printed my letter with a picture of my car. Yes it was unsolicited as they described it. I called them hoping to get some support or a contingency award. I was offered a delay box at a slightly reduced price, nothing else. I told them I needed a "speeder up" box, not a delay box! Red lighting on a .400 tree was not generally a problem back then....Always rubbed me wrong how they were quick to advertise my success with their product but did not want to reward me in anyway. Contingency program back then was much bigger than today and many manufacturers were great.....
Old 12-21-2014, 02:43 PM   #3

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Not that it matters, but Auto Meter bought Dedenbear (the electronics side of the company) several years ago. I use the TS6B stop and Lightning box, and still think they are the best.

NHRA contingency program is a joke, and I am amazed it even exists. More and more mfg. are taking it in house dealing direct with their customers. The fine print has gotten so particular with purchase time limits, etc. I haven't attempted to play their games for years, and will not.
7110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 04:44 PM   #4
Rich Biebel
VIP Member

Liked 510 Times in 200 Posts

I won a Lucas series race in September. Auto Meter paid a contingency award and did not make it difficult to get paid at all. As always some are very quick to pay and others not so good and you have to work a little to get paid. Racers need office skills too. Nothing new there, just a little more complicated but it's worth the effort and the support from the companies that do pay is appreciated.
Old 12-21-2014, 08:45 PM   #5
bradsc1954

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Another good company for paying is Manley. I went to the finals at the North American Nationals in 2008 and 2009. The Monday after the 2009 event I got an email from them stating I didn't need to send them anything. The check was in the mail and was the first one I received.
bradsc1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 09:36 AM   #6
VanPelt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It seems companies don't realize or don't care about social media. It reaches so many people and bad press can and will hurt them. What they did to Rick was BS.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63corvette View Post
I have just been informed by Mark at Dedenbear that they pay contingency for ONLY their newest STS throttle stop. Only available for about a year and won't fit under my cars hood and scoop.
My TS-6 does not apply and it was my fault for expecting any payment by not reading their rules. Its always the racers fault is what I told him and he asked who's product I was going to buy and I said just not yours.
My bad I guess for not researching the issue before calling.
Just the latest way to get out of paying contingency.
My Dedenbear decal is coming off and I plan to spread the word with racers I know.
NHRA and many of the manufactures of the racing products put out the carrot of contingency and then jerk it away leaving the racers who spend a lot of money on those products holding the empty bag when it comes time to pay any of the contingencies.

Don't get me wrong many of the contingency postings have paid and some pay only after jumping through many hoops of receipts, documentation and serial numbers and I appreciate those but several have not paid and I expect some will never pay like others in the past.

I have always used Dedenbear products and have been a loyal customer but no more. I am DONE with Dedenbear...

Rick Cates
Canyon, TX
VanPelt is offline   Reply With Quote