HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Bracket Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-23-2014, 11:34 PM   #11
black88coupe

Liked 19 Times in 12 Posts
Default Re: Bracket Racing Street Car

I recently got back into bracket racing after an 8 year hiatus. I have been racing my daily driver 85 5.0 Mustang. It runs mid 14's just stabbing it and steering it and letting it shift itself. My car is deadly consistent running it this way. I just concentrate on my lights and let the car do the rest. In my first race (trophy class) I made it to the semi-final where I lost to a Camaro running 8.60's. I lost by .163 seconds! In just my second race this past weekend I took first place with it. I'm having a blast with it. "Trophy" is a great place to start. Best of luck.
black88coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 01:06 AM   #12
goinbroke2

Liked 173 Times in 59 Posts
Default Re: Bracket Racing Street Car

As long as it doesn't spin, I always turn on the first bulb, torque it up to 2000rpm and let it creep until the 2nd light just comes on and hold it there at 2000. That way your high enough it won't "cough" when you mash the throttle and most importantly, you will be staged in the exact same spot every time. Leave it in drive, don't move side to side as you go down the track and if you know your going to take too much stripe, with a street car just tap the brake without letting off the gas.

And MOST importantly, if your 16, then look for tracks that have trophy's, I know it sounds dumb, but when your old (er) all those old trophy's in the garage will mean a lot more then the cash or cheques you got and are long gone.

(and always have fun and don't beat yourself up when you make a mistake...cause you will make mistakes)
goinbroke2 is offline   Reply With Quote