HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racing Events > Events

Old 06-14-2011, 01:03 AM   #51
Paul Plummer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Div. 7 racers, R.M.R. has a BIG RACE 4 US!

Updated 6-13-2011 - And that makes 20 ladies and gentleman and a great start for a combo race in Salt Lake. With the state of the economy and the crazy driving distances for us out west, pulling 20 stock and super-stockers for a non-points race this early in the season is incredible!

The Ascroft B.C. Pro-AM (IHRA's version of a division race) points race I attended pulled a total 17 stock and super stockers. The track was 2-1/2 hours from the Mission Raceway in B.C & could only manage to pick-up 17 racers total. The majority of the racers traveled to the track from Calgary & Edmonton - a very long drive. My drive was 18 hours round trip.

1) Gary Hampton - EF/SA
2) Larry Rush - SS/DA
3) Paul (Jody) Plummer - F/CM
4) Mike Coe - Stock
5) Jim Hughes - Stock
6) Dane McIntosh - Stock
7) Brian Sanderson - A/SA
8) Les Norton - Stock
9) John Percy - Super Stock
10) Bill Spens - Stock
11) Gary Swenson - SS/H
12) Mike Graham - SS/GT
13) Tom Albritton - SS/DM
14) Cameron Kallas - SS/BM
15) Earl Snow Sr. - Stock
16) Glenn Snow - SS/GT
17) Don Kennedy - GT/AA
18) Wes King SS/CS
19) Al Steinmetz F/SA
20) Adam Emmer - SuperStock

I am looking forward to meeting all of you and putting on a great show for the fans and racers.

We may have to find away to issue some bounties on folks during the event - not sure if you know how these work? Basically somebody posts a $10, $25 OR $50 bounty on one of their buddies. Bounty could be posted by another racer, crew chief, friend or a fan. If someone beats the guy in eliminations, they get the bounty. If no one beats the guy he gets the bounty. My buddy beat the local Super Pro gold card carrier last year in a points race - we were just there to test and picked up $50 from the guys best friend who posted the bounty. Not a lot of cash but a lot of laughing on the part of everyone involved. In the track champs defense, he had the better light by .03 but broke out by .001".

Just a fun idea to put a little more skin in the game for anyone racing to enjoy without breaking the bank!!! Let see if there is any interest - I will post the first one on Tom Albritton - First guy to beat Tom in eliminations collects $25. It is only fair since he won the whole show last year!!

See you in Salt Lake.........................................
Paul Plummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:07 PM   #52
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Liked 194 Times in 77 Posts
Send a message via MSN to GarysZ24 Send a message via Yahoo to GarysZ24
Thumbs up Re: Div. 7 racers, R.M.R. has a BIG RACE 4 US!

I want to first of all thank all of you who showed up for this race, and I hope you had as good of a time as I did...I think Les, Jesse and the semifinalist may have had the best time of all of us, but I feel a good time was had by all!

As I stated in the kudos to Les thread, thanks to all of you who showed up for this race, next year will be a regular Nitro Jam, with Stock and Super Stock racing theirselves, contingency postings, and the shot at the World Championship going to the winners!!!!

Skooter Peaco (VP Racing Operations at IHRA), Ron Craft (Drag Strip Manager @ Rocky Mountain Raceway), plus all of us there were greatly excited to hear this for next year because of our involvement next year...thus those of you who weren't able to attend, will hopefully be able to do so next year, and those of you who for whatever reason refused to attend (like loyalty to the enhanced HRA, only), will have more incentive to give the sportsman friendly IHRA a go next year!

Hopefully we can get Lane "The Hawk" Weber, Randy Hyman,, Fred Rector (and please bring some of your awesome food with you ok Fred??? ), plus my Az neighbors (Angelo, Kenny, Chris, Wes, etc.) to join in and get this field in excess of 30 cars (for Stock only)!!! Oh, to you my Super Stock Neighbors, don't think I'm leaving you guys out, with Carroll Warling, Verle Stevens, Jeff Johnson, from Colorado, Mean Gene from Cornhuskerville with your buds, and Kip Martin from here in my Az. neck of the woods. Oh, and I'm not leaving you California & Nevada guys/gals out either, so how about it Steve and Don Wann, Chad and Mike Loge, Jon Irving, Jimmy DeFrank, Vic Hobbs, and some of you D6 racers (especially those who were at this race last year)?

This race is going to get "BIG", and it's because of us for making this happen!

Skooter wants it to happen, Ron does too, so how about it folks, are we in???

Those of us who may not have a surplus of funds for making our cars go quicker than -.3 under the index, should be happy for these new opportunities...especially since I now realize that with our former altitude correction factors being changed to emulate the Super classes, my car is no longer competitive at an NHRA altitude track...which makes me glad that two of the better known altitude tracks over the last 25yrs (RMR, & SIR out west), are now IHRA tracks, we now have altitude tracks that we can still be competitive at! You can be sure that I'M IN!!!!
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)
GarysZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:56 PM   #53
Wes King

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Div. 7 racers, R.M.R. has a BIG RACE 4 US!

Gary, It was my pleasure to be a part of this killer race that you worked so hard for. Us guys (The Loud bunch Glenn and Earl Snow (Real) along with Adam Emmer and friend Jason,) had a blast. Man we are in for the next one, keep it going buddy. Thanks again Wes King
Wes King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:58 AM   #54
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Liked 194 Times in 77 Posts
Send a message via MSN to GarysZ24 Send a message via Yahoo to GarysZ24
Post Re: Div. 7 racers, R.M.R. has a BIG RACE 4 US!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes King View Post
Gary, It was my pleasure to be a part of this killer race that you worked so hard for. Us guys (The Loud bunch Glenn and Earl Snow (Real) along with Adam Emmer and friend Jason,) had a blast. Man we are in for the next one, keep it going buddy. Thanks again Wes King
No I thank you Wes, Glenn, Earl (Real), Adam, and Jason for bringing your cars out here to this.

I have to correct myself on one thing though, Only since NHRA finally (after 13yrs), gave me a horsepower factor away from those Turbo Mopars (except for last year at Indy...glad I wasn't there, cos there's no way I could've run with that awesomely quick PT Cruiser), thus allowing me to now be only about .25 quicker at 'Vegas (under the best conditions), than my new index of 15.99...my former (pre enhanced) index was 16.30 there, so gone are the days of my being .5 under at any altitude indexes (I'll be looking forward to seeing what Bandimere's index would be for DF/S), and compare it to what Randy Hyman's cars index was in '06, since my index was a 16.66 up there, but I was in the quicker CF/S index at that time (also pre-enhanced)! Bottom line though, is now I'm within nearly .2 tenths of no longer being competitive at NHRA altitude tracks, while I'd be better off at sea level tracks. Why does NHRA not seem to care that while they're claiming to be for us class racers, their actions (such as all of the enhancements), have done little to convince me (amongst others), that is true?

I can also report that Tucson hasn't been forgotten with regards to us stock/super stock racers, and plans are in the works for next years SIR Nitro Jam Race to definitely give us (at least) an equal race to what Salt Lake City gave us this year...STAY TUNED!!!
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)
GarysZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote