Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech

Old 03-22-2019, 12:52 PM   #11
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts
Default Re: Fast computer & Data logger Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Whitehead View Post
Mike I went through the same thing, Call and ask for Matt Maxwell. PM me if you need the Instructions.

Eric my Son Timothy is Driving the Blue Firebird this year. Maybe i Should put a logger in that one also. LOL My son Stephen has schedule conflicts with work.

Ed thanks for the Help. Only problem with Fast Gray box is you need to hook up Arm wire and Trigger wire. I will get it to work. Thanks
Jim, you can arm it with a toggle switch, then trigger it with a spring loaded switch, or button, the throttle activates when WOT. In one car I had a universal starter button under the gas pedal.
Old 03-31-2019, 01:42 PM   #12
Bruce Witherspoon

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Jim,
Here are the instruction contained in the software. If you have any other questions, please let me know.
Using the remote ECU Data Logger

The data logger must be configured with the C-ComWP that will be used to extract the logged data. This is to ensure the correct relationship between the logged ECU raw data and the C-Com dashboard used to configure the logged sensors. The data logger will use the exact logging parameters as programmed into C-ComWP for online logging. If you change any of C-Com’s logging parameters or dashboard, you must also re-configure the data logger or unpredictable results will occur when scaling raw data downloaded from the logger.

Arming

Switch the ARM wire to a ground potential. The ECU must be connected to the logger with the link cable. The Green LED will blink rapidly. If the Red LED illuminates, an error occurred while the logger was communicating with the ECU. While the logger is armed or logging, communication is only possible between the logger and the ECU. To download logged data or to configure the logger’s logging parameters, the logger must be in the idle state (unarmed). Caution: Re-arming the data logger will erase any stored data in its memory.

Triggering

Switch the TRIGGER wire to a ground potential. The Red LED will begin to blink slowly while the Auto-Trig sensor is being polled. Triggering cannot occur until the logger is armed. It may be desirable to leave the TRIGGER wire grounded and only use the Auto-Trig mode. If an Auto-Trig sensor is programmed, this sensor will be immediately polled and evaluated against the Auto-Trig threshold. When the programmed threshold is exceeded, logging will begin and continue for the programmed number of frames regardless of ARM or TRIGGER status. If an Auto-Trig sensor is not programmed (set to none), logging will commence immediately after the TRIGGER is asserted. While logging is in progress, The Green and Red LEDs will blink quickly in an alternating pattern. If power is lost while logging, the successfully logged (valid) data will remain and can be downloaded.
Old 03-31-2019, 10:23 PM   #13
mike britt

Liked 43 Times in 19 Posts

Bruce, that's good information but how do you know which wire is the arm wire and which is the trigger wire?
mike britt is offline   Reply With Quote