HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing

Old 05-30-2020, 10:09 PM   #1
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 982 Times in 298 Posts
Default Mid Atlantic .90 Association - June 27th & 28th

Mid Atlantic .90 Association ready to kick off the 2020 season.

The Mid Atlantic .90 Association is getting ready to get back into action after several weeks of delays and schedule changes due to the COVID-19 outbreak. The series will roar back to life at Cecil County Dragway in Rising Sun, Maryland on June 27th & 28th for the 12th Annual Sportsman Circuit Shootout which will be Race # 1 & 2 of the 10-race season. The series features all the .90 classes of the NHRA series. In 2019, Tom Slater (Super Comp), Iggie Boicesco (Super Gas) & Keith Mayers (Super Street) took home the overall championships after hard fought battles throughout the year.

The classes contested are Super Comp (8.90 index / .370 pro tree), Super Gas (9.90 index / .400 pro tree) and Super Street (10.90 index / .500 pro tree). All racers are welcomed to participate, and memberships are not required to run with us. If you want to run for the year end points fund, you must become a member before 1st round of the event. if you make it to the final round and are not signed up for points, your dues will be taken out. We count 6 out of your 10 best events, allowing 4 mulligans for those weekends you cannot make it to the track. With our events every race is completed in one day to allow the option to go home Saturday Night or come in on Sunday to race a whole new event beginning with qualifying.

This year the series has partnered with JEGS, VP Racing Fuels, Auto Meter, JKR Racing / Lucas Oil, The Contingency Connection and many other companies to offer racers gift certificates towards products for a win or runner-up in the series. With the COVID-19 restrictions still being put into place for Racetracks and select states this will be a NON-SPECTATOR event and only the driver and select amount of crew will be allowed into the track for the weekend. Social Distancing is required, and masks are optional. We ask that anyone that has been exposed to the Virus, Has been around anyone with the Virus or has underlying issues or shows symptoms of the virus to please stay home.

On Friday, June 26th the series is looking to hold a limited and reserved Test & Tune for racers who have not been able to get out and run this season due to COVID-19. Those drivers interested may contact president Rob Keister at 856-332-2851 or email him at Rekeister@aol.com. Cost for the Test & Tune will be $70.00 with $10 for Crew Members. You must RSVP for the Friday event to be included. It will most likely run with gates opening at 9am and testing starting at 10am till around 3pm and it’s not required for you to run the weekend if you don’t care too. The events on Saturday & Sunday will be $110 to enter per day ($80 paid to the series / $30 at the gate) and at 20 cars the winner is guaranteed a $1,000 winners purse that will only go up with more support from the racers.

Hope to see you all there! – Rob Keister
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 07:44 AM   #2
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Default Re: Mid Atlantic .90 Association - June 27th & 28th

Good Morning All,

Well, we are inching closer and closer to finally burning rubber and smelling some race gas and it being at a track and not in your garage. Right now as of June 9th, 2020 the Test & Tune at Cecil is a GO for Friday, June 26th, 2020! Thanks to our great partners in POR 15 and VP Racing Fuels / Roadrunner Race Fuels who have come on board to help lower the cost of the Test & Tune for you the races. The cost per car is $70 per car with $10 crew members.

If you have signed up, I’m asking that payment be made by Monday, June 22nd. I will not be accepting payment at the track on that day and once the list is set on Monday the 22nd, we’re not accepting drives-ins for the day. Remember also the driver and crew costs are for Friday Only, you will still need to go and pay the track / crew fee for the weekend on Saturday morning. At this time, Friday Night test and tunes are not happening at the track due to no spectators allowed. To be included for Friday you need to be signed up and paid to run that day with us, if your not paid that day you will not run. You can pay via PayPal, Venmo or Personal Check. If you care to come in and park on Friday for the weekend during the T&T your more then welcomed and if your not staying for the weekend, you’re more then welcomed to leave once the T&T is done. The list below is everyone who wanted to be added to the list.

Address to send a personal check is
865 S. Orchard Rd.
Vineland, NJ 08360

Test & Tune at Cecil – June 26th, 2020
1. Bob Keister - Paid
2. Kelli Barbato
3. Jake Barbato
4. Tony Barrett - Paid
5. Carly Wolf -Paid
6. Kathy Smulligan
7. Bill Trum
8. George Smith – Paid + 2 crew
9. Scott Lang
10. Travis Scott (4 cars)
11. Tom Goldman (2 cars)
12. Rick Hornberger (2 cars)
13. Chris Mattern – Paid + 2 crew
14. Don Bangs
15. Hank Smith
16. George Donhauser – Paid + 2 crew
17. Gary Simpers
18. Jerry Holcomb
19. Pat Fox
20. Rick Homan
21. Joe Gallucci (SC)
22. Sean Lang- Paid
23. Jeff Livezey Jr
24. Andy Roberts
25. Bill Hardifer – Paid
26. Bill Phillips (SG) - Paid
27. Bill Phillips (SST) - Paid
28. Dave Long - Paid
29. Ron Ross - Paid
30. Joe Deguara - Paid
31. Tom Simon
32. June Moore
Old 06-12-2020, 08:01 AM   #3
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Smile Re: Mid Atlantic .90 Association - June 27th & 28th

In recent developments over the past week, Maryland has now re-opened most of the state. With this being said the June 27 & 28th event at Cecil County will be allowed spectators and I’m proud to say the July 11 & 12th Uncle Buck Pig Roast will happen. We are still asking though if you’ve been around someone who has had the virus and you haven’t properly quarantined yourself, your not feeling up to par or have ongoing medical issues to please stay home. We also ask if a fellow racer asks for you to have a mask or gloves on when talking with them to please adhere to their requests.

To help streamline some processes we have with the series, I’ve been working with Allison Doll of Port-A-Tree timing systems to come up with a program for the racers to get alerts to their phones. We have come up with a program to have messages sent to your phone with alerts about calls to the lanes, qualifying sheets and ladders. I feel this will help with getting to the lanes more efficiently and having some pairings already set by the time we roll into eliminations, this always seem to be the Achilles heal of the series. This way your not waiting for me to get back to the trailer with sheets, practicing social distancing and you can find your opponent and determine lane choice before getting to the lanes (I hope). I’ve inputted most of the phone numbers I have in my database to the program but, some of you gave home numbers or still have flip phones which will eliminate this function. In the future we’re hoping to have functions for tech cards and pre-entering the events if you choose. The first race may have some bugs but, we will get it straightened out as the season progresses.

Thanks once again for supporting the Mid Atlantic .90 Series! Rob Keister
Old 06-12-2020, 09:19 AM   #4
Keith 944
VIP Member

Liked 1,641 Times in 520 Posts

That's great news rob!
I know you are rolling with the times but i for one use the races as a mini vacation. i try to leave the outside world out. this means leaving my phone in the motorhome and out of view. Like many others i will just have to deal with it and chain that darn phone to my leg.
sometimes i really hate technology and progress.....
Keith 944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 10:35 AM   #5
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Keith,

The sheets will still be available at my trailer but, we are trying to cut down on the gathering of people at my trailer after Q2. This way once the qualifier is over, the sheets are printed out in the trailer, I can test over a ladder to everyone in a timely fashion. I'm sure there will still be folks who prefer to come over and look at the paper sheets instead of the text message but, the less chance we have with people contacting others then the better off we will be. Nobody likes change but, this is something we have to do to keep everyone safe for the time being.

Rob
Liked
Old 06-12-2020, 02:07 PM   #6
Tom Goldman
VIP Member

Liked 698 Times in 202 Posts

Rob, just to be clear , We are going to use a ladder first round after qualifying?
There had been some previous mention of random pair [ugh] first round.
Old 06-12-2020, 08:22 PM   #7
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Tom,
Yes we’re going to stay on the ladder for 1st round and from there. There was talk of doing random pairs but, I got a lot of backlash from it and honestly I’m just glad to be racing this year. I was just trying to prevent large gatherings in the back of the lanes but, now that more stuff if opening more the texting program is what I hope will help things go smoother.

Thanks,
Rob
Liked
Old 06-17-2020, 03:21 PM   #8
BKSG1198
VIP Member

On Friday, June 26th the series will host a private test & tune from 10am to 4pm. Those drivers interested may contact president Rob Keister at 856-332-2851 or email him at Rekeister@aol.com. Cost for the Test & Tune will be $70.00 with $10 for Crew Members and is sponsored by POR 15 & VP Racing Fuels. You must be pre-entered to attend this specialty event.

On Friday Night, racers may park as gates open at 5pm for the weekly Friday Night street test & tune program for only $20 per car and $10 Crew.

On Saturday June 27th, the gates will swing open at 7:30am with Junior Dragsters kicking off the morning at 8:30am, The Mid Atlantic .90 Series will run 2 qualifiers and all rounds beginning around 10am.

On Sunday June 28th, gates once again open at 7:30am with Juniors hitting the track at 8:30 followed by the Mid Atlantic .90 Series for Race # 2.

Also if you haven't got on the text message system for this year please send me and email at Rekeister@aol.com with your number and phone carrier. This is to cut down on the gathering at my trailer due to social distancing.

For more info you can check them out on Facebook or www.midatlantic90.org or call me personally at 856-332-2851