HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-07-2010, 11:02 AM   #31
darkside

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Super class survey

I love SG and SC raced it forever until a few years ago. Heck I've raced about every class and will adjust to whatever the rules are in the class I choose to run in at a given time.

When I first thought about this, my first thought was why in the heck would anyone wanna screw with something so right as these classes are. But after further examination, it just makes sense to change the indexs. I can't help but think only about 20-30% are effected at all, and those that run more than a race or two has to be 10% or less. Take that into account along with the fact that I am not sure you can even build a engine in a standard dragster that would actually run 8.90 anymore and it is time to get in the present, it is going to be 2011 you know.

If I am in the minority, no problem, at least thanks to Rock and the other member of SRAC for bringing this up along with the other safty things they are working on.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:21 AM   #32
SCohen

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

This is a poll when the racers that race these classes respond to the poll then we will know what the racers want. That is A step in the right direction unlike stock and super stock getting three tenths off every index with no idea it was coming. You should be happy you were asked your opinion instead of this just being made a new rule, and you get to see the results of the poll when its finished. What more could you ask for?

Steve Cohen
SCohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:33 AM   #33
slow dragster

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

I guess my thought was 25-30% of S/C run 7.90 to 8.60 all out. 150 to165 mph. That said if we lower it to 8.50 these people will still be able to run class. Same for S/G and SST.
I think the move for S/G will effect more but they will probably add weight move to Super street.

I should add the poll is a great idea. It is a chance for everyone to give their opinion of what they think is a good place to be with the index.

Brian

Last edited by slow dragster; 12-07-2010 at 11:54 AM.
slow dragster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:22 PM   #34
Rick Bailey

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

Steve, Rock ....yeah the polls are way cool, and a big change. Now on this poll, is it NHRA or the racers that are wanting it. ?

I would of like to seen a poll of "JUST" adding a 7.90 class for the fast guys. And leave other classes alone.

Thanks Guys, keep up the good work

Rick
Old 12-07-2010, 01:28 PM   #35
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,707 Times in 853 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Bailey View Post
Steve, Rock ....yeah the polls are way cool, and a big change. Now on this poll, is it NHRA or the racers that are wanting it. ?

I would of like to seen a poll of "JUST" adding a 7.90 class for the fast guys. And leave other classes alone.

Thanks Guys, keep up the good work

Rick
Can't they just go TD or TS if they want to spend mega bucks on motors?
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:38 PM   #36
Rick Bailey

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

Jim,
I think the argument would be, TS TD is not pro tree, heads -up racing.

To me....it's the easest thing to do just add one class, and leave everything else alone.......no one get screwed !

Rick
Old 12-07-2010, 02:32 PM   #37
Mickey Whaley
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkside View Post
I love SG and SC raced it forever until a few years ago. Heck I've raced about every class and will adjust to whatever the rules are in the class I choose to run in at a given time.

When I first thought about this, my first thought was why in the heck would anyone wanna screw with something so right as these classes are. But after further examination, it just makes sense to change the indexs. I can't help but think only about 20-30% are effected at all, and those that run more than a race or two has to be 10% or less. Take that into account along with the fact that I am not sure you can even build a engine in a standard dragster that would actually run 8.90 anymore and it is time to get in the present, it is going to be 2011 you know.

If I am in the minority, no problem, at least thanks to Rock and the other member of SRAC for bringing this up along with the other safty things they are working on.
I agree with lynn and steve c
Mickey Whaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:53 PM   #38
T Hall

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I vote leave index alone.
As far as s/st drivers being able to drive other classes, I vote Yes as long as it is not s super catagory. Let them run stock, or super stock is fine.
I agree with Rock though, whatever, I dont care, but thanks for askin.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:19 PM   #39
Terry Edwards

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi guys and gals. For those who don't know me, I am the D5 super class rep. I would like to give my input on a few things.
First of all, the email that was sent out to the super class racers stated that the Sportsman Advisory Council felt there is a need to lower the indexes. That is not actually true. The council agreed that a vote should be conducted to include all racers' input on if the indexes should be lowered, and we unanimously said yes to an online poll.
I took an unofficial poll at the Topeka division race in August in which I handed out ballots in the staging lanes. Racers returned their vote on some of the same issues you are voting on now. The overall results just to let you know were:
  • Index change?.. 75 voted no (leave it be) and 8 voted yes (lower it)
  • Super Street racers able to run 2 classes?.. 58 voted yes (change the rule) and 25 voted no (leave it alone)
As you can see, only about one third of the super class racers in attendence responded. I hope there are more that speak their mind to the online poll. Also, all my fellow D5 racers need to vote again on the online poll. I don't want them to think they have already voted from the unofficial survey I took.
I am not going to give my opinion on here. There are pros and cons to both sides. I will just vote on what I think will be best for the sport on the online poll. Thanks, Terry
Terry Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:52 PM   #40
mopar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

where is this survey coming from have not seen it at this point

Ron Waters s/st 1346
mopar is offline   Reply With Quote