HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-26-2010, 02:54 PM   #31
coolvette

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 1972 Dodge j/sa

Ed How rude to Mr. Dixon who asked for help with his J/SA class car, he said that he was NEW CLASS racer .

Ed This rand is for you. I have 50 years of racing back ground from a spectator ( all my life) a racer (40 years) speed shop owner(35 years) Race Track ownr & manager (15 years) First thing that I have seen when you are a *** to new racer's they move on and the car count go's down hill the class die's , then the race track. There's more to Racing then winning. If it was not for all the great people that I have made friends with over the years, I would not have stayed in the sport. You sound like you are a loser on the race track so you take it out on every one. Go look in the mirror and have a talk to that person and when you get your head on come back or move on, DRAG RACING must not be a FUN place for you. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO HELP DRAG RACING?
coolvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 04:23 PM   #32
Floyd Gomez

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well I am back. I have to say at 81 Mr Earl is still a pretty sharp guy. I don't know if what he told me is true but I don't see a reason for him to lie either. He was part of R&D engine department as an enigineer and machinist. I asked him about the heads and CC rates. Although he couldn't remember exact casting numbers he did tell me an interesting story. Here it is. "Son. Back in the late sixties those California pretty boy tree huggers started demanding we add a blow buy evac tube that went back to the combustion chamber. They claimed that it would make the air better. If you ask me I think they were a bunch of idiots. Anyhow, after we put that fart tube (I swear that is what he called it) the dang things made the motors run terrible. We let them idiot tree huggers know that but they didn't care. Told us if we were gonna ship cars over there they had to have them fart tubes. So we went back to the old drawin board and made some changes to the west coast stuff. We had the steel mill change the mix a bit and made some slight changes to the castings for the west coast crap. We finally got em to run right and still hold up against the east coast cars that didn't have to have all that nonsense. I thought it was the stupidest thing I had ever heard of. Still do." Then he went on about other California laws that pissed him off and I just stood there and smiled. What a great guy. So it seems everyone is right. The west coast had mods due to california law and the east coast didn't. Would show why the CC rates are different. Now take this as you want. I am only telling exactly what he told me.
Floyd Gomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 05:34 PM   #33
Neil Smedley

Liked 22 Times in 7 Posts
Smile Re: 1972 Dodge j/sa

OK Floyd....that guy is a true treasure.....I hope to grow up to be just like him
Neil Smedley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:19 PM   #34
Floyd Gomez

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Smedley View Post
OK Floyd....that guy is a true treasure.....I hope to grow up to be just like him
Me too Neil. He is definately a character. He told me he has been married to his wife for 59 years. I told him wow thats a pretty big achievement. He said more like a life sentence married to an ugly woman.
Floyd Gomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:23 PM   #35
GTX JOHN
VIP Member

Liked 1,875 Times in 577 Posts

Byran: I will be back from Tucson on Monday......Looking forward to chatting with you on you stocker then if you still would like me to!

Dale Johnson: I will reply to allegations on a new thread in the lounge... not on somebody else thread this evening. I invite everyone to listen in.

John Irving
GTX JOHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 11:39 PM   #36
GTX JOHN
VIP Member

Liked 1,875 Times in 577 Posts
Smile Re: 1972 Dodge j/sa

NEWS FLASH!!!!!!! I have j

Just checked Approved Spec. Site pg 58

1968 to 1971 340X 894 Cylinder Heads have been changed from 160cc to 167cc on intake runners. Thank you to whoever was instrumental in this well needed and appropriate long overdue change!!!!!!!!!! Wish I could tell you I had anything to do with it but I did not...Just said what I thought the truth was!

Please check Approved Site for yourselves.......Everybody know I'm Stupid and ..... a big Liar!

John Irving Irving Family Racing your friendly Welfare Hillbilly Racers

Last edited by GTX JOHN; 03-27-2010 at 12:15 AM.
GTX JOHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 06:10 AM   #37
Paul Ceasrine
VIP Member

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

This thread is Great!
Kind of like Hooterville from 'Green Acres'. That great fictitous
racing town in the 'mid-west'.
Just cc'd my late 68' #2531894 heads. Intake runners, not one over
157...Maybe its because the size of the water-molecules here on the
east coast (Wilton, CT). Larger molecules = less cc volume..
Just what does that mean...I have no idea..
I liked the NHRA much better in 1969, when the only thing they would do
is make you take off the intake, so they could check for porting and polishing..only..
Oh,, they also liked to peak behind the rear bumper,,to check for
'lead-tape'..
Bill Clinton said it best, 'its only cheating if you believe its cheating'
Have a nice day!!
PC (Eastern cc'er)
Paul Ceasrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 08:47 AM   #38
Jeremy

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Paul, I hope your not using water to cc those heads!
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:47 AM   #39
Paul Ceasrine
VIP Member

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

Jeremy.
If you saw the way some of the water comes out the well-systems up here in contaminated-country Connecticut (add your MTBE's), you would understand that solvents are not needed for cc-ing heads.
Paul,, CC-ing'

Last edited by Paul Ceasrine; 03-28-2010 at 09:50 AM. Reason: alignment
Paul Ceasrine is offline   Reply With Quote