HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 08-17-2017, 12:02 PM   #1
Crew Chief

Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts
Default Indy 2017

What has happened to the most important race of the year called Indy?

No Redman parking rigs. Instead racers can park themselves.

No Redman coming around letting everyone know its time to race. Instead you get a text message when its time to run.

No thorough pre-race inspection. Instead cars will be glanced at when called to the staging lanes just before Q1.

No teardown. Instead racers are solely "responsible for the legality of their own cars".

Someone with power in the organization made the decision to change what had worked very well for many years. These decisions will leave a lot of doubt in racers minds.
Crew Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 01:15 PM   #2
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,543 Times in 1,267 Posts
Default Re: Indy 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post

No Redman coming around letting everyone know its time to race. Instead you get a text message when its time to run.

No thorough pre-race inspection. Instead cars will be glanced at when called to the staging lanes just before Q1.

No teardown. Instead racers are solely "responsible for the legality of their own cars".

Someone with power in the organization made the decision to change what had worked very well for many years. These decisions will leave a lot of doubt in racers minds.
It is my understanding that they are parking rigs starting early Tuesday morning. They intend to park everyone in one day....with NO assistance from REDMAN......ha. Ha. Ha. ....Good luck with that.....hey NHRA. Sometimes you just can't save $$$$$$ by cutting staff.....
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 03:34 PM   #3
Steve Polhill

Liked 262 Times in 74 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post

I can't wait for the cluster **** that will be pit parking on Tuesday. If they are smart they will start on Monday. Fortunately I know exactly where I want to park and plan to be there early.

The reason for a glance over for tech is, it requires knowledgeable people. Which they have but I'm sure they aren't free. pretty soon each car will have a bar code on it that they scan for tech LOL They check out boy from the local supermarket could do tech inspection.

The reason for no Tear down is the same as above, Plus some of the FS cars aren't easy to tear down, and they couldn't risk one of their golden paycheck cars getting thrown out.

On the bright side the weather looks good for Indy this year
Old 08-17-2017, 04:18 PM   #4
fredjohnston

Liked 55 Times in 14 Posts

Where did you hear no tear down at Indy? Can you confirm this? I know some people that want to bring some "good" stuff and may have an issue in tear down so this would be perfect.

Thanks.
fredjohnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 05:28 PM   #5
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,397 Times in 1,944 Posts

Fred does "good " = wrong? Or are we speaking of adult beverages.

May have a problem?

Last edited by Larry Hill; 08-17-2017 at 05:33 PM.
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 06:01 PM   #6
Lyn Smith
VIP Member

Liked 841 Times in 156 Posts

Division 3 Director said last weekend "Parking Indy 2017 same as last year".
Lyn Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 07:45 PM   #7
Joey Bohannon

Liked 61 Times in 21 Posts

I doubt no tech means no teardown.....at least that would be my guess.
Joey Bohannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 10:42 PM   #8
Casey Miles

Liked 442 Times in 83 Posts
Smile Re: Indy 2017

Indy 2017 is going to different just like last year. The entry proceedures are different from when I started to going, put an application in the mail and hope you got in. Totally changed, see the entry list grow from your computer now. The problem as I see it, is that we are not wanting the changes and they are going to happen whether we like it or not. NHRA is trying to streamline every part of the experience, make life simple. I'm not ready for simple, I'd like it back the way it was when I was a kid in 1973, my first taste of Indy. Inspections, tear downs and try to win class, never even thought about qualifying. Time went bye and so did the thinking of class racing. I still am going to do my best to enjoy Indy 2017. Just my thoughts!

Casey Miles
248H Stock
Casey Miles is offline   Reply With Quote