Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-22-2024, 11:38 AM   #171
Chevy55

Liked 168 Times in 83 Posts
Default Re: Accusump - pros & cons

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcarter View Post
Indeed, it is a good video…

I disagree with starting a cold engine with the accumulator valve open because oil is filling the accumulator instead of the oil lubing the engine. I have a manual valve and close it after prelubing the engine then slowly open it as the engine is running then just leave it open the rest of the day.
Chevy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 04:54 PM   #172
1matcoman

Liked 281 Times in 111 Posts

Last edited by 1matcoman; 01-22-2024 at 05:29 PM.
1matcoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 06:07 PM   #173
Bryan Broaddus

Liked 18 Times in 3 Posts

I too am a fan of the accusump!
I run mine a little differently with a manual valve operated from inside the car. I pump it up before shutting down overnight so I have a charge for pre-lubing the engine first thing in the morning. In the morning I'll open the valve and will let the accusump drain completely, then shut the valve. Fire it up and make my way to the staging lanes. I will keep the valve shut until I fire it up to pull into the water box. This way the oil in the accusump is at the same temperature/viscosity as the oil in the engine. I'll open the valve fire the engine and let it pump up with oil and make my run. After I make the run I shut the valve after I have killed the engine. Coast around and will reopen it to pre-lube the engine again before firing it up on the return road. Ill keep it shut the rest of the time.
We have done some back to back testing on our Big Block Super Stockers and there is a difference in HP on the dyno.
Generally speaking we do not add any additional oil for the accusump. Why not store some oil outside of the pan?
Old 01-24-2024, 07:24 PM   #174
MarcoFD1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ok here is a question how do you get oil into the accusump and how much air do i add to I. I have the moroso model
MarcoFD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 09:30 PM   #175
B Parker

Liked 2,314 Times in 455 Posts

For those of you that don't know, Scott grew up in a Machine Shop learning from one of the best. His Dad was Hall of Fame Dale Hall who raced in Pro Comp and then Alcohol Dragster with his front engine small block. I still remember the front cover of National Dragster with Dale and car on it back in the 70's. He had just won back-to-back National Events and the caption read something about how Dale took his antiquated small block front engine dragster and beat the Hemi's. Dale and his partner Norm owned Precision Automotive in Simsbury Ct. They did anything related to building motors. From NHRA racing to Circle racing. Dale and crew did machine work for several of us that ran Stock along with several other classes. Scott has been building race car engines since he was a very young man. He has been with Moroso for a long time. Very respected among some of the top racing Pro Teams. I don't have one on my car right now but plan to put one on this year. BP

Last edited by B Parker; 01-24-2024 at 09:49 PM.
B Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 03:13 PM   #176
Charles Stewart

Liked 480 Times in 145 Posts

This is a Bangshift "old article" regarding his buick heads SBC that Scott used to run in T/D class.
https://bangshift.com/general-news/v...-back-to-life/
Charles Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote