HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-25-2007, 02:00 AM   #11
LNorton

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: Fuel Injection

Right now I am playing with HPTuners on the factory computer in our V6 car.

When the budget permits and we step up to regular stock I will probably go with the Gen 3 or 4 unit from Big Stuff. Heard a lot of good reviews about the system, and the price is pretty nice.

I have looked into a DIY system called MegaSquirt. For the money it would work great, but I can see where i could majorly eff that up.
LNorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 09:12 AM   #12
Ron Middleton

Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts

I'd go for the Spectre EMSPro or Megasquirt. Best buy for the money and lots of FREE help online or from manufacturer. We use and install these units with great success. I use the Spectre EMSPro on my J/FI Turbo coupe and plan on using Spectre unit on my Lt1 Stocker. We are also using one to straighten out shop twin turbo Mustang that was running PMS system with MAF. You can call me if you have any questions 601-371-0815. Spectre unit has builtin 4 bar map sensor, two step circuit, and wide or narrow band O2 sensor capability.
Here is link to company info http://www.spectreperformance.com/emspro/.
Ron Middleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 10:41 AM   #13
csjta

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have the FAST system on my car, in my opinion it is one of the easiest systems to learn and use LT1 car

My brother has the Accel Gen 7, this sytem has many more features and is complex, but this system will do alot more than the older systems. To me, this system is harder to tune and learn, just because it will do so much more. SBC Motor

HTH
csjta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 10:56 AM   #14
Harry 6674

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Look into Megasquirt. I use it in a 53 Stude bracket car with a 500 cube cad engine. Works great and not tough to build. Lots of options and support online. Cheap compared to most systems. When I built mine it was under $200.00. If you don't want to build your own they are available ready to go.
Harry 6674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:53 PM   #15
5798camaro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey hows it going? I can't help you with your problem but I'm hoping you can help me. My name is Matt I have a 87 camaro 305 FI with the Accell system in it. I'll have to look to see what Gen it is My number is 763 843 7486 I just bought this car in Jan 09 so I'm still trying to figure this thing out.
5798camaro is offline   Reply With Quote