HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-15-2013, 10:50 AM   #1
Tom Joseph

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Charlotte Entries

For the first time that I can remember there are more SG than SC cars entered although it's only by two,at this time and todays the cutoff, at the double wide race. There is about a 60% field in each. Why is this. Is it the $320.00 per car cost to enter? Is it the fuel costs? Is it the economy in general? I know I have a TD and SG entered and it hurt to pony up $640.00 before I turn a wheel on my rig so what are your reasons for not coming as I'm curious.
Tom Joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:13 AM   #2
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 984 Times in 299 Posts
Default Re: Charlotte Entries

Tom, you are correct. First time in a long time I can remember SG being more then SC (Up to 4 now). I'm not speaking for everyone but, I think it's the economy, gas is a factor (In know in NJ it goes up, then down, up, then down like a roller coaster), some racers are still waiting on parts. I know a few guys who don't have their stuff back from the machine shops just yet and it's been in there since early 2013. I think what helped the north portion of participating was that VMP was this weekend so once they are loaded up just head on down to CTL. Of course the cost of a NE is always a factor and with D-1 this year you have New England so some racers who used to go to Charlotte to claim a National now will choose to go to NED instead. Time off from work, I know some jobs have put the clamp down in Vacation Days and Personal Days being taken in a row or not allowing people off on Fridays, etc.
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote