HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-13-2011, 10:08 PM   #41
Travis Miller

Liked 275 Times in 25 Posts
Default Re: '69 Camaro Z-28 homecoming.......Forty years later ! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Matyas View Post
After I took my meds this morning it all came back to me on how to change an image - this picture isn't that great but its an original taken only a few months after I purchased this car ........
Everyone should study your photo. Not every '69 Z/28 came with a cowl induction hood. The cowl hood was an option that could be ordered on the car but it was not a standard part of the Z/28 package.

Travis

(Disclaimer: Opinions and options expressed by me on this forum are exactly that, my opinions and options.)
Travis Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:41 PM   #42
FINESPLINE

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

A very rare picture of a Z/28 . A flat hood RS equiped car. Absolutely love the Cragar S/S wheels with the tall rubber filling the wheelwells. Jack--Take it back to the beginning with a updated 302 and suspension with TKO600 5 speed and drive it like you stole it.-----------John
FINESPLINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:51 AM   #43
Jack Matyas
Live Reporter

Liked 1,578 Times in 322 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jack Matyas
Talking Re: '69 Camaro Z-28 homecoming.......Forty years later ! ! !

[QUOTE=Travis Miller;233179]Everyone should study your photo. Not every '69 Z/28 came with a cowl induction hood. The cowl hood was an option that could be ordered on the car but it was not a standard part of the Z/28 package.

Travis

Travis - Very true but the ZL2 option ( cowl hood ) was not yet available when this Z was built as its an early car (second week of Decenber 1968 ) . Also it was built without Spoilers ( D80 code ) . Anyone with a spare 302 hanging around ?
Old 01-14-2011, 06:23 PM   #44
Isaac Zane

Liked 50 Times in 14 Posts

Yep, the cowl hood was optional. A RS, Z/28, cool. I fellow I worked at a dealership with had an RS Z/28 that had enduro (?) painted bumpers and a fold down rear seat. I had't heard of those options.

Jim's Z/28 had 27K miles when he took it off the road, and he kept all the original parts that he took off for racing.... He's been hunting 302's also! Package deal?

Rot's O Ruck!
Isaac Zane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:48 PM   #45
Jerry Hatch

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Jack you have a PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:30 AM   #46
Rob Hudlow

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

The 69 Z/28 was my first car at 15 yrs old Hugger Orange X33 car high winding 327 (non-orig of course) and an M22 4.11 rear and thats the first car I drag raced. My grandfather was an old 4spd Stock Elim racer and said automatics are for p###y's you wanna drag race this is how your going to learn. I have owned many original and non matching 67-69 Z/28's RS/SS big blocks etc over the years but my favorite was the one I had rotisserie restored a few years back. Found it locally and it was a 69 Z/28 RS 39K orig miles original sheetmetal Protect-O-Plate orig paperwork etc. I restored it for myself and it also was a flat hood car originally and thats the only thing I didn't do correctly.... I just like the look of the cowl hood but I also had the flat one done so it could be right for the purist but what a car when it was done. I actually had it at the E-Town national that year but when the economy started getting worse I got a great offer on the car I couldn't refuse at the time......probably gonna be a big mistake I know but hopefully I can have a happy ending story like Jack's and buy it back one day. I have owned some rare mucle cars but the 69 Z is my favorite. Jack I also have a 69 DZ 302 motor complete dyno time only even had an original complete cross-ram on it (sold that a few yrs ago) but motor is complete from intake to pan even has the off-road cam and I believe I have the dyno sheets also. Might sell it if interested PM me. It will never be NUMBERS MATCHING but having a real date code motor helps the value greatly. I think mine is an early June motor. And by the way great find thats a really cool deal and an RS at that...the only thing better is if it was a Code 10 Black car....then ya really got a real home run !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	69z28rs 005 (Small).jpg
Views:	194
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	6179   Click image for larger version

Name:	69z-1.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	171.1 KB
ID:	6180  

Last edited by Rob Hudlow; 01-15-2011 at 08:09 PM.
Rob Hudlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:11 AM   #47
Jack Matyas
Live Reporter

Lightbulb Re: '69 Camaro Z-28 homecoming.......Forty years later ! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Hudlow View Post
Jack I also have a 69 DZ 302 motor complete dyno time only even had an ORIGINAL complete cross-ram on it (sold that a few yrs ago) but motor is complete from intake to pan even has the off-road cam and I beleive I have the dyno sheets also. Might sell it if interested PM me. It will never be NUMBERS MATCHING but having a real date code motor helps the value greatly. I beliave mine is an early June motor. And by the way great find thats a really cool deal and an RS at that...the only thing better is if it was a Code 10 Black car....then ya really got a real home run !
Thanks Robbie -- We'll have to talk about that engine package .As for the Code 10 black - try this - mine is black as you can see but without any paint code what-so-ever as in blank , nada , zip .
Old 01-15-2011, 01:49 PM   #48
denny harvey

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

jack,sent you a pm about 302...denny
denny harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:22 AM   #49
Jack Matyas
Live Reporter

Talking Re: '69 Camaro Z-28 homecoming.......Forty years later ! ! !

Haven't built or restored one of these in a few years and inflation has set it here too - some sellers think we're not in a recession still while others are more intune with the times with reasonable prices -- been doing a little advance checking on how far I'm going to go with this project .This beauty sure needs alot of parts and pieces ..........and a bunch of help from my friends ! ! ! Thanks to those of you who have called with stuff for sale -- I'll need all the racer help I can get .

Some have suggested it might be cheaper to make this an A/SA car ...........nah - I've already got plenty of headaches . And not enough time . Its amazing how many guys ( and gals ) out there have these cars in one stage or another .
Old 01-18-2011, 06:32 PM   #50
Doug Blackley

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The 502 with a set of 4.11's and the stick would make for a fun street car Jack.