HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock

Old 05-27-2019, 09:03 AM   #61
jnor

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Ron Garey's 68 olds

Here's a good Ron story: I sold him my SS/H 396/325 68 Camaro in the early 70's..... I could never get it to run with a automatic, I gave him the turbo setup with it.... We took it to Gainesville to the "Turkey Trots" with the turbo 400 in it....It was .15 off ..(not competitive)..We were hauling it in the Ford box truck he had with the 455 Olds in it

We left the track and went to Frischs's.or what ever it was to get coffee. While setting there we decided to put the 4 speed in it, and did... Took it back to the track with SS/HA still on the window, never got it re techned and he went 2 rounds with it like that until the rear end broke....Ran .3 under in
SS/HA..

Another story about the Buick: At Indy he got called to tech about the front seats...he told me they were out of a Pinto..wouldn't fold forward to get in the back either.. I said "what are you going to do"? I rode down to tech with him, a guy looked at it and said it was ok...I said I can't believe..his reply: Look at that kid..he wasn't even born win this thing was built ..no problem
jnor is offline   Reply With Quote