HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Competition

Old 07-31-2008, 02:41 PM   #21
Stephen & Horace Johnson

Liked 148 Times in 46 Posts
Default Re: Ford in Comp Eliminator?????

I belive a car like the old FFW Street Warrior class, would be a good start in comp. My buddy has a mustang that ran 9.20s with a TW head and a 5speed liberty. he was limited to a .500 lift cam. With more open rules this combo would be a player in comp

Stephen Johnson #2162
Horace Johnson #2167
SS/D 427 Ford Fairlane
NHRA-IHRA
Stephen & Horace Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 05:13 AM   #22
jbracecraft

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

oops. just reread it. my bad.
jbracecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 10:05 PM   #23
Rich Maitre

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks Jeff for mentioning our N/A Shootout series where the Fords do pretty darn well. Basically the Mustangs of both Leonard Long and Charlie Booze are prime examples of NHRA Supermods but with small tires and mufflers running right along side of comp. Our 10.5 class is the faily laxed in rules but stringent enough to keep these guys side by side in the lights, heads up and no breakouts and no cic. Junior Pro Stock if you will. But our 10.5 class also has heavy hitters in with small block mopars, AMC's and Pontiacs making tons of steam as well, so we are really a battle of the manufacturers, all of them.

Anyone looking for a change or something new to try, check us out, we welcome you to come try us on for size and see what this new craze is all about.

Rich Maitre, race director
Naturally Aspirated Shootout
www.nashootout.com
Rich Maitre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 06:37 PM   #24
John Warehime

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Talking Re: Ford in Comp Eliminator?????

What class does a '49 Merc 296 Flathead fit in? How do you get a block on a flowbench? Hey Rich, have you ever done a Ford Y Block? LOL!! Keep up the good work.
John Warehime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:32 PM   #25
Michael Lyons

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lightbulb Re: Ford in Comp Eliminator?????

Uh it will cost alot and you better have lots of spares cause nobody else in the pits will when you break a rocker or something. I keep buying parts and the gm cars or lack of rule enforcement keeps makin em obsolete... I have been running SS/AS just to dodge the recent index bashing and my 16 time world champ buddy tells me he has an East Texas 09 Cobalt and a $50000 motor on order to run AS with, so looks like I will have to keep on buyin new about to be obsolete parts :P I can't afford the rings or the valvetrain components anymore.. it costs more for lifter bushings and the cam tunnels than the blocks cost and a set of rings is almost as much as one... if it ain't on Ebay, and it ain't, I can't afford it anymore.. I don't have $50000 in my 401K much less to blow on an engine for a class that the car counts are getting scary low here lately... been there, done that.. anybody wanna buy a ole Mike Bos Modified car?... still got it, pay $50 a month to keep it in mothballs til I can try to put some kinda engine in it to give it away... Yeah so glad I got the comp bug when I was a kid, thanks dad... But hey if someone else wants to pony up the $100-150 in developing a sbf combo I will be watchin here on the internet sayin "go get'em chief!" LOL more power to ya! Go Erich Bollman, keep on keepin on buddy! They're gettin as much as anybody in recent years, kudos!
Michael Lyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:37 PM   #26
Michael Lyons

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Oh yeah I hope enough people get to see my last post before the forummaster violates my 1st amendment rights and pulls it off here and bans me again even though the wasn't ANY profanity. The truth shall set you free.. hah! the truth shall get you banned! :P

See you guys in another 6 months or never whichever.. hehe
Old 08-05-2008, 05:49 PM   #27
M Lefkes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What in that post would get you banned?
M Lefkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 07:47 PM   #28
Rich67stang

Liked 84 Times in 20 Posts
Talking Re: Ford in Comp Eliminator?????

Hey Mike, I will be part of the lonely Ford ss club soon. How about 1967 mustang coupe running ss/am w/d3 heads. I have been running hotrod for too long, so now I can afford to drive myself crazy in ss.LOL
Rich67stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 07:59 PM   #29
Michael Lyons

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

D3's are the way to go, or SC1 depending on rules, but heck they're just silly rules and nobody else really follows em anyways..

And thats why I musta got banned cause I wrote a reply about how a certain sanctioning body changes rules to accomodate people running illegal parts i.e. the retro fuel head rule change at the beginning of the year. The A/ED carb rule change a couple years ago(i'm kinda responsible for that one I think) The econo cylinder head rule changes in comp 3 years ago... and theres probably more but hey who's counting?.. Like I said I never swore in the post but it was removed and I was banned... said it was for language.. All I said was 100% truth nothing more, nothing less...
Old 08-05-2008, 10:04 PM   #30
comp 670

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I ran a Ford probe C/A in div 6 around 1999-2001. I built a 356 with yates heads and was able to run .58 under the index at the time. Today a Ford could still be competitive in comp,down in aus the pro stocks are 400 ci and fords are doing well there.

There is nothing really holding fords back these days,the parts really don't cost that much more then the chevy stuff and you have to remember all the good chevy heads are based off the splayed valve yates head....

If I was not able to get Hurleys T-bird like I did I would be building a new C/A mustang to race.Howie Stevens should have his new Don Ness built mustang real soon and it will run either B/A or C/A and I think it will be very competitive.He has some killer heads that are as good as anything out there.My friend holds the C/A record right now with a splayed valve chevy deal and Howies stuff is better by far then his.

A Ford can be done in comp...I think nobody does it because you are pretty much on your own,no going to the local engine builder and ordering a .65 under engine..
comp 670 is offline   Reply With Quote