HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-06-2007, 09:53 AM   #31
krugracing12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Online Petition

As someone who was closer to this situation than most, I would like say a few things. The week before he answered his charges (of which he was already aware of ) he sat at dinner with us like nothing was wrong. Like many others I considered him to be a friend. In the months prior to that most of the people that were on his e-mail list were "looked at" or investigated. Having 2 younger kids who had direct contact with him was also a concern, and asking my 10 year old son if there was ever any inappropriate conversation or "touching" was a talk I don't ever want to have again. I agree with John and his overall safety message and that NHRA will do nothing, but this matter is far from over. For him to show up like nothing ever happened after beating/buying the "Justice System" and also his "Miraculous Recovery" from illness is insulting to say the least. Those of us with kids consider races to be family outings to be freely enjoyed by all attending, not spend the weekend nervous and wondering. His appearance at ANY race or related activity is repulsive and should not be allowed. If this man tries a comeback and NHRA does not act, we will have to use other pressures. I do not use his engine/transmission or chassis builders but if I knew they facilitated his return I would never use them again. For those of you that do, a phone call is in order. We can only hope that he stays home in his self imposed "prison".

Bill and Debbie Krug
krugracing12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:39 AM   #32
Freddie

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

I agree that NHRA should have some control over this...

However: there is always a down side to everything...

If NHRA decided to go the route with ANYONE convicted of a FELONY be suspended. this would include Domestic Violence, Battery, DUI, and alot of other charges that alot of average people at one point in thier lives may have had a problem with..

I think NHRA needs to look at it in that anyone convicted is SUSPENDED till further review.

and truly look at it on a case by case deal and not just who can pay more $$$$ to get re-instated..
Freddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:30 PM   #33
sc1153

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to sc1153

this could be very easy for NHRA.......As long as you are listed as a "REGISTERED SEX OFFENDER" you should be suspended by NHRA. Once his/her registration period is over he can be re-instated by NHRA. Simple this means that this partiular case/instance we will not see the likes of him/her for 10 years.
sc1153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 03:21 PM   #34
GL PERF

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

sign me up
GL PERF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 04:42 PM   #35
SST1699

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

First off: don't think that I'm symathetic to the convicted. I think we're finally heading in the right direction on this (let's hope NHRA is too), but many of your comments reflect an attitude that this behavior is the worst thing that a person could do and that's why he should be suspended (or killed, or whatever).

Freddie has it right: many other people have been convicted of other things. Should they be punished in the same regard?

Is looking at pictures of naked kids as bad as, or is it worse than beating the crap out of your wife? Or running over a neighbor's kid because you had too many drinks? The NHRA suspension policy has to be fair and consistant.

Or they could just say that because none of it happened at an NHRA facility, whatever the guy did in his own home is none of NHRA's business. Can you be fired from your job because you smoked a joint while on vacation?

I believe that part of his conviction is that he can have no contact with children. Now whether NHRA can enforce that because children are at race tracks is yet to be seen. I would think that anyone at any track can drop a dime to the local police and he would be arrested. I'm done.

Let the hate-mail begin....
S/ST 1699
2003 NESSA Champion
SST1699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 08:19 PM   #36
frank v

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

this issue can be solved by not letting him race or attend any race.Eric , i dont know if you have any small children , but if you do ,let him pit near you at all the races next year and we'll see how you feel.
frank v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 08:31 PM   #37
Bryan Gillespie
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I like what Chris said.
Bryan Gillespie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 07:49 AM   #38
Freddie

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Gillespie View Post
I like what Chris said.

I agree...

But Another good point brought up is NHRA will probably just use the same lame excuse IF IT DID NOT HAPPEN AT A NHRA FACILITY OR EVENT....

If that is the case then I agree with whoever posted to drop a call to the local police office IF the person in question should have the nerve to show back up.

I have three children, two of them are over 17 now but my youngest is 11. He races, and the last thing I want to worry about is his saftey off of the track while at the track.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:53 AM   #39
Freddie

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

another good exaple of this is Gene Snow... His competition licence has been revoked yet he can still own a team...

I am not sure I would agree with NHRA on allowing this man to have his name associated with anything to do with anything... except maybe the OLD archives... Yet Spencer Masseys TAD car is still being listed as owned by Snow Racing.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:28 AM   #40
SST1699

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well, I thought I was done, but I had to respond to Frank,
Yes I do have small children. But you know what? It's MY job as a parent to watch out for their safety, whether physical or emotional. It's not the NHRA's job.

If this guy pitted next to me, at least I'd know to watch out for him. What about the other people you don't know who pit next to you- do you know what/who they're looking at through their motorhome windows???
S/ST 1699
2003 NESSA Champion
SST1699 is offline   Reply With Quote