HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-04-2014, 07:17 PM   #11
pontiacchuck

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Live From South Georgia Motorsports Park

looking forward to the live up dates from the hills HOPE EVERYONE IS SAFE AND HAVE FUN i,ll be back in mich with 7 ft of snow ha ha
pontiacchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:54 PM   #12
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,422 Times in 1,951 Posts

Had a first in almost 64 years of life, I had to remove icicles from the car so the straps would go on the car to tie it down. The first three miles will be the test. We hope to be on the road by 10 A.M.
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:03 PM   #13
Jim Wahl
Veteran Member

Liked 672 Times in 121 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jim Wahl Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Wahl
Wink Re: Live From South Georgia Motorsports Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hill View Post
Had a first in almost 64 years of life, I had to remove icicles from the car so the straps would go on the car to tie it down. The first three miles will be the test. We hope to be on the road by 10 A.M.
Sounds like you need a hot toddy! Jim

Jim Wahl....NHRA #2239 S/SS - IHRA # 8 Stock, D2 Stock Champion (forever I guess)
2019 Baby Gators Stock Champion
2009 D2 National Open Stock Champion
1981 D2 West Palm Beach LDRS SS Runner Up
Past President, Southern Stock / Super Stock Association.
SSSSA Forum Moderator
Jim Wahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:34 AM   #14
Spyphish

Liked 662 Times in 174 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hill View Post
Dyno Dan Zrust called this morning after he had driven 700 miles from Minnesota yesterday. He had just crossed into Kentucky and wanted to know if the state owned a snow plow! LOL

He is on his way!
SO It's Dan's fault I stood in freezing temps with sleet and caught ONE bead yesterday in New Orleans. He is dragging the Zrust Polar Vortex south with him. See ya'll at Belle Rose for Tim's Chootout. Be careful.
Spyphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:05 PM   #15
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Well we are sitting in the driveway ready to pull out, but we are blocked in. A low boy showed up here this morning to pick up a piece of equipment we had sold. After having to be pushed out of the driveway after he got stuck, he is now at the end of the road stuck again. Maybe it is like my daughter in law said, "It's a sign". Maybe we aren't suppose to go on this trip! Right now we still plan to leave if he moves in the next hour or two.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:56 PM   #16
Chris Hill

Liked 238 Times in 25 Posts

They are on their way.

Damn near crashed twice in the first 4 miles from the house with ice, snow, and ditches. I was following them and saw the complete side of the trailer twice. Really thought they were going into the ditch and rolling the rig.

Very dedicated "Live" reporters.

If you enjoy the "Live" reporting, please consider "Liking" IHM Used Parts on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and other social media sites.

And please "Share" when we post something on the sites. It's the performance of IHM Used Parts that allows Mom and Dad to report at the races.

Again, please "Like" and "Share" what IHM Used Parts post. It will help our business tremendously.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:11 PM   #17
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts

We are rolling early. Probably be in the rain all day. Mardi Gras in Houma was wet, but not to be outdone my wife (who will be 70 on Friday) and I dawned rain suits and chased the floats. Must have caught two or three pickup loads. Kevin, wife, and little girl caught that much also. Now talking my way out of me being in Valdosta on her birthday shows what a real used car guy I am. Hope to be there before 5 pm. Somebody have the beverages ready, however we have some cold for a couple days now.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:58 AM   #18
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Good morning from Forsythe, Ga. We got to the Walmart here about 11:30 last night. We finally got away from the house about 1:30 and as Chris said the first 3 miles were killer! Quarter inch of ice, 3 inches of sleet and 3 inches of snow was not fun to get thru! But we made it! There was snow on the sides of the interstate, but the roads were clear once we made it to 4 lanes. Going down towards Nashville, there was lots of ice on the trees and broken limbs. Then our untimely leaving put us in Nashville at rush hour. So we lost another hour in stop and go traffic. Boy, am I glad we no longer live there! I don't know if I could deal with that traffic on a daily basis again.

So now we are on the road again. Should arrive at the track about 11. More posts when we get there. If anybody reads this that is already there, please post which gate we are supposed to come in today. It is not raining on us now, but the forecast for Valdosta is rain all day. Is it raining there yet?
Old 03-06-2014, 10:29 AM   #19
stage1scott

Liked 95 Times in 42 Posts

YAAAAY the best live reports resume! Glad you got out safely, looking forward to your reporting! Wishing you safe travels and fast racing!
Old 03-06-2014, 11:22 AM   #20
John Stock

Liked 45 Times in 2 Posts

Larry,
We got in at 9:15 last night and missed early parking by a few minutes. We were first in line in stacking and just got in to park at 10:10. They are stacking everyone inside the south gate and then taking groups to park. They are attempting to get everyone on asphalt as it is a mosh pit everywhere else, we have had at least 2 inches of rain this morning and it is still raining at a good clip..

Our first time to SGMP and it looks like a really nice place. hope to see you and Patsy after the rain stops.
John Stock is offline   Reply With Quote