HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-05-2010, 08:52 PM   #21
joe176

Liked 41 Times in 9 Posts
Default Re: "Live From" the NHRA Toyo Tires Nationals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian VP View Post
Actually I was examining the schedule and NHRA has one heck of a job in front of them. Apparently the posted schedule is staying the same and just filling us in. Well On Friday they start at 8:45 and Comp runs at 11 o'clock. So in 2 hours and 15 minutes they need to get 50 Super Street, 100 Stockers, 80 Super Comp, 80 Super Stock, and 80 Super Gas cars a time run. That is 390 cars in 2 hours and 15 minutes. 195 pairs in 135 minutes. That is a pretty good click. Looking at the rest of the schedule there is not really enough time to fit any class in for another entire round. from 11 on they have to run 2 sessions of comp, 2 of tafc and tad, 2 PSB, 2 PS, 2 TF, and 2 FC. And they plan on being done by 7 o'clock. Which is probably a good idea looking at what happened when the sun went down last week and what happens when it gets dark at the Dutch. I would be really surprised if any sportsman car get's a round in on Friday. It is going to be a long weekend.
Brian...it's only a long weekend if your willing to go and sit it out.
This is typical of NHRA....why not give racers the option of withdrawing from the event..because they have our money.....I for one am willing to take the $270 hit and stay home if it comes to that...I'll save money. I race for the sport and the fun of it...I don't need this to feed my family or promote my business....too costly to go and just sit around all day with NHRA's revised schedule...had enough of that at Atco !!!!!!!!
Old 10-05-2010, 08:59 PM   #22
Brian VP

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Believe me Joe, I am real close to staying home. If it weren't for the fact that, it is a national event, and all I want to do is win one of these things so I can quit, I would stay home. And things like this will make that decision, if I am ever lucky enough to be able to make it, that much easier.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:05 PM   #23
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Thumbs down Re: "Live From" the NHRA Toyo Tires Nationals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe176 View Post
Brian...it's only a long weekend if your willing to go and sit it out.
This is typical of NHRA....why not give racers the option of withdrawing from the event..because they have our money.....I for one am willing to take the $270 hit and stay home if it comes to that...I'll save money. I race for the sport and the fun of it...I don't need this to feed my family or promote my business....too costly to go and just sit around all day with NHRA's revised schedule...had enough of that at Atco !!!!!!!!
And there is the problem......How many would show up if they didnt already have your entry fee money in advance?
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:10 PM   #24
joe176

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian VP View Post
Believe me Joe, I am real close to staying home. If it weren't for the fact that, it is a national event, and all I want to do is win one of these things so I can quit, I would stay home. And things like this will make that decision, if I am ever lucky enough to be able to make it, that much easier.
LOL...Brian..you and I are in the same boat...I feel your pain.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:22 PM   #25
joe176

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN View Post
And there is the problem......How many would show up if they didnt already have your entry fee money in advance?
It costs me ballpark of $800 to go to a national event.....entry fee, fuel for RV, fuel for race car, tolls, food - breakfast, lunch and dinner for two people so on and so forth. Why would I want to spend this kind of money on a weekend away to not have a good time....if any one of us planned a vacation to anywhere would you still go and spend even more money if the weather looked crappy and you were going to park in mud and the resort pool was closed for one day when you really enjoy that part of it.....I'd cancel that vacation in a heartbeat !!!
Old 10-05-2010, 09:26 PM   #26
keith ohanesian

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

So lets see...

Super Stock class at Englishtown : 1 run wins

Stock class at The Sloppy Grove : 1 run wins

Why wouldn't Nhra make it up to us and run class the way it should be run at the Dutch? Just hold off class at the grove and run it then.

Beacuse there dumb @#@$S!

JUST SAYING!!!!
Old 10-05-2010, 09:34 PM   #27
Francois Periard

Liked 11 Times in 4 Posts

i just hope they will issue credit for the Sportman ! or let us pull off:
Francois Periard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:44 PM   #28
joe176

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois Periard View Post
i just hope they will issue credit for the Sportman ! or let us pull off:
That would be the right thing to do...but we're talking about NHRA here...NEVER HAPPEN !!!!
Old 10-05-2010, 10:06 PM   #29
SC1317

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So...for some of us that got here and found out through the grapevine that they are turning the sportsman away and told them to park at "the mall"...What MALL?
Old 10-05-2010, 10:16 PM   #30
Brian VP

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC1317 View Post
So...for some of us that got here and found out through the grapevine that they are turning the sportsman away and told them to park at "the mall"...What MALL?
Oh isn't this great. Why can't they just talk to us like the human beings that we are. Why can't they tell us the situation and explain to us what the plans are and what they are asking for us to do. The mall. That is great. When were they going to let everyone know.