Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-01-2010, 09:02 PM   #21
Eric Merryfield

Liked 471 Times in 114 Posts
Default Re: Live from Lebanon Valley-NHRA Lucas Oil Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcarter View Post
Maybe he needs to have Sorensen to ship him a new 'bullet'...worked for him and looked like it would have even if Gaynor had hooked that beautiful DP up on their heads up run.

Nevertheless, Fletcher in E looks strange...no Merryfield sightings I assume.
Plenty of Merryfield sightings, you just have to know where to look. Merryfield sighted driving the offensive drag pack on the block, many dirty looks earned and cleary thinking of drinking beer. Merryfield sighted loading the car on the trailer dressed in business atire and drinking beer. Removing the F from the windows, struggling with the bikes on the bike rack, charging the batteries and drinking beer. Hauling the trash out and drinking beer. Soon there shall be pool cleaning and drinking of beer. In the early AM there shall be many miles on the treadmill, pondering of what class to run, a brisk tow out to LV, and no drinking of beer.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:50 PM   #22
Jack Matyas
Live Reporter

Liked 1,578 Times in 322 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jack Matyas
Cool Re: Live from Lebanon Valley-NHRA Lucas Oil Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcarter View Post
Nevertheless, Fletcher in E looks strange...
Strange ?? Here's the full story - Dan will not be driving his 69 Camaro in E/SA -- but his son Timmy will - so one would say what's Dan gonna drive ? Try this - Dan will drive Billy Lebers' D/SA 68 Camaro -- talk about silly season ................Stay in your seats - more coming at ya .
Old 07-01-2010, 10:13 PM   #23
Mike Schwartz

Liked 192 Times in 65 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Biebel View Post
A very familiar scenario........287.....78....80...Turnpike. NJ-Pa-NY all can get you....I love when you just get rolling and feel like your doing good.....and then the traffic slows to a creep or crawl for miles.....

I think the worst one I can recall was being caught up in the exiting traffic from Pocono Raceway after a Nascar race.......I was at Numidia for the Division race the last time they had one.........I recall never moving an inch for 45 minutes.....
I attended a NASCAR race at Pocono and it took me three hours just to get out of the infield!
Mike Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 05:59 AM   #24
Jack Matyas
Live Reporter

Smile Re: Live from Lebanon Valley-NHRA Lucas Oil Series

Brrrrrrr....What a pretty morning even if its a little chilly with the temp just making it to 60 degrees . But the rest the numbers look great with humidity @ 62% and burning off fast and the barometer showing a so-so 29.54 making the final DA at just over 1100' .We could see some nice numbers during the first shot this morning .............no exact word as to what time we'll kick off this morning but I'll be there for you ...................
Old 07-02-2010, 06:03 AM   #25
Greg Barsamian
VIP Member

Liked 390 Times in 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Merryfield View Post
Plenty of Merryfield sightings, you just have to know where to look. Merryfield sighted driving the offensive drag pack on the block, many dirty looks earned and cleary thinking of drinking beer. Merryfield sighted loading the car on the trailer dressed in business atire and drinking beer. Removing the F from the windows, struggling with the bikes on the bike rack, charging the batteries and drinking beer. Hauling the trash out and drinking beer. Soon there shall be pool cleaning and drinking of beer. In the early AM there shall be many miles on the treadmill, pondering of what class to run, a brisk tow out to LV, and no drinking of beer.
Hey Eric, Your nothern neighbor (F/SA) "bailed out" on attending the LVD race!
(even with the hit) after Bristol!

That car is For Sale!

The "Rumor from Vacationland" is If the "Team Oak Tree boyz" keeps pushing, they'll convince MC "Hammer" to buy a DP!

Teuton should LOVE hearing that!
Lucky Strike!
Greg Barsamian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 07:54 AM   #26
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,705 Times in 853 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Matyas View Post
Strange ?? Here's the full story - Dan will not be driving his 69 Camaro in E/SA -- but his son Timmy will - so one would say what's Dan gonna drive ? Try this - Dan will drive Billy Lebers' D/SA 68 Camaro -- talk about silly season ................Stay in your seats - more coming at ya .
Think the silly season will get more so when Seattle rolls around; Fletcher's been known to shake some trees on the Western Swing.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:19 AM   #27
Jack Matyas
Live Reporter

Wink Re: Live from Lebanon Valley-NHRA Lucas Oil Series

Shortage of cars ?? I don't think so as I'm told we're past last years numbers and already over 500 here - parking seems to be the biggest problem this morning for track workers.And the place is jammin' - everyone is upbeat about this race and the great weather coming at us the next few days .

And now a word for our sponsor - well almost - this morning I got to meet Bernie - the Diamond RV tech and I couldn't resist throwing an oddball problem or two at him just to see -- you know -- like a test and he passed with flying colors .....wish I had a guy like him working for me ! ! Anyway those who signed up to get service or adjustments here at the track I'm sure were pleased - pictured below is Al Mark along with Bernie working on Al's stuff and as you'll see Al is all smiles --- and he's tough .Everyone is happy except Bobby Broadbent -- he had a problem in his coach and still needs a 9 volt battery and if you have one offer it to him -- but stand back ! ! ! Wayyyyyyyyy back .

This morning while out for a walk I noticed a round cylinder type thing in the corner of a certain sponsor's trailer - not sure but could it be .........Nah --- well maybe ---we'll see . Hint-- it had some writing on it -- what's a Busch ?????

They just called SuperStreet to the lanes ..........
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lebanon10 018.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	3889   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lebanon10 019.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	158.0 KB
ID:	3890   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lebanon10 015.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	157.3 KB
ID:	3891  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lebanon10 017.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	161.2 KB
ID:	3892   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lebanon10 020.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	150.1 KB
ID:	3893  
Old 07-02-2010, 08:42 AM   #28
xcrewchief

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If any one runs into the Atlantic Canada racers(John Armstrong,Bruce Riley etc.) could they let them know that their friends and fans from Nova Scotia will be following and rooting for them. Lets go John,keep that winning streak alive!!!!
xcrewchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:42 AM   #29
Ultimate Converter Concepts
Sponsor

Liked 59 Times in 12 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Live from Lebanon Valley-NHRA Lucas Oil Series

Geez...love the smile and the shirt on Mr. Mark!!
Ultimate Converter Concepts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:50 AM   #30
W J

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hmmm, that sponsor must have a good plumber that fabbed up a sweet-looking keg cooler, maybe? Contents inside expressly intended for washing down the Lebanon Valley french fries? WJ
W J is offline   Reply With Quote