HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-15-2010, 02:29 PM   #151
SCOTT SST2871

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Live from the NHRA Gatornationals

Thanks ken
we came to watch on sunday and felt like we had been there all weekend from reading your posts and seeing the pictures!!we stood at the fence to see you both runs
scott fifield
SCOTT SST2871 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 02:48 PM   #152
treessavoy
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Blake View Post
No electronics in Bush's car not even a t-brake....it was all foot brake and wastegate adjustment......I was amazed he got a .040 light.....not bad first time out

My apologies to Mr. Bush, he did a great job the old fashioned way!

JimR
Old 03-15-2010, 08:10 PM   #153
W J

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by treessavoy View Post
My apologies to Mr. Bush, he did a great job the old fashioned way!

JimR
I'd love to see the SG cars go back to less electronics.....they're awesome pieces. Just my opinion....WJ
W J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:42 PM   #154
Ken Miele
Live Reporter

Liked 13,015 Times in 1,224 Posts

I'm back home, sorry I did not give any updates on Sunday. I lost first round and hit the highway headed north. I figured DRC would be updating round by round, no need for my dribble.

Bret, your absolute right, NHRA did a great job getting all the sportsman done on Sunday. I did not get a chance to read all the replies, and not sure this was mentioned. NHRA had a clean off area for any racer that had mud on their car. There was a NHRA official waiting on the road to the staging lanes. Any one who needed their car cleaned could pull over and wash the mud off.

Its been a blast everyone and I was glad to give you my perspective on the Gatornationals. I think I will have to add a Live From section. I will have more details about members getting involved with the new section.

Scott, it was my pleasure, you should have come over and introduced yourself.

Butch, I will be at Charlotte, feel free to stop by anytime.

Even though I went out in the first round, at least I got to race on Sunday, how is that for a positive spin.
Ken Miele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:53 PM   #155
Mack Reeves

Liked 44 Times in 13 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Live from the NHRA Gatornationals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Miele View Post
I'm back home, sorry I did not give any updates on Sunday. I lost first round and hit the highway headed north. I figured DRC would be updating round by round, no need for my dribble.

Bret, your absolute right, NHRA did a great job getting all the sportsman done on Sunday. I did not get a chance to read all the replies, and not sure this was mentioned. NHRA had a clean off area for any racer that had mud on their car. There was a NHRA official waiting on the road to the staging lanes. Any one who needed their car cleaned could pull over and wash the mud off.

Its been a blast everyone and I was glad to give you my perspective on the Gatornationals. I think I will have to add a Live From section. I will have more details about members getting involved with the new section.

Scott, it was my pleasure, you should have come over and introduced yourself.

Butch, I will be at Charlotte, feel free to stop by anytime.

Even though I went out in the first round, at least I got to race on Sunday, how is that for a positive spin.
Ken, excelleng jobin the reporting... I was there as a spectator and sat out Sunday AM to see the "Stockers" run .. Was well worth the wait.... Good luck at your next race.....
Old 03-16-2010, 07:16 AM   #156
SCOTT SST2871

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ken
i would like to meet you,ill come over and say hi the next time were at a race together!! Im a pontiac guy but i love that car of yours
scott fifield
SCOTT SST2871 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:07 PM   #157
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts
Talking Re: Live from the NHRA Gatornationals

Like Kenny Wigington said, I was there and I'd like to make some comments on the race.
First off if you're waiting for me to beat up on NHRA then just move on.They did a great job of schedule juggling and maintenance work to get the sportsman racers on the track when they did.We were pitted in the South forty across from Ron Ortiz.It was a swamp till they came and spread hay down to absorb some of the water on Fri evening.Sat. all sportsman were told to leave it in the box.They came Sat. with a tractor and scraped the hay and as much water as possible.Where the water came back up they used a pump to remove what they could then spread tarps and plywood.By Sun, morning the wind helped to dry the exposed dirt and the cars were able to leave the pit spot to make their time shots.
I saw Garlits in staging and spoke with him briefly.He said he really is really enjoying running Stock.Then he said the waiting was something he wasn't used to.He went out and ran a .36 in the TT.Ist rd single he went a .22 and second rd went an .08.I think they're sneaking up on it.
Fezell went I think 142 MPH.It will be interesting if I have to run him.He would be coming
at me at about 47 MPH.
The tail wind was brutal both days.I think Grubnic went 327 MPH and a few P/S cars went high 211s.
Nees put a new set of headers on the Don's GP and he went .85 under the new index with a first time over 100 MPH run.Wanna go fast?Let Billy build you a bundle of snakes.
It's late,I'm worn out.Good nite Gracie.........
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 08:17 AM   #158
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,789 Times in 1,524 Posts

Eddie, it went .75 under, it's a Lemans and if anybody wants to go fast, call up a hero! I'm a "hack".

World's greatest Under-Achiever!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:06 PM   #159
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts
Talking Re: Live from the NHRA Gatornationals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
Eddie, it went .75 under, it's a Lemans and if anybody wants to go fast, call up a hero! I'm a "hack".
Is that hack or Quack?Anyhow I said I was tired.Too much excitement for my soft head.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote