HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Bracket Racing

Old 05-30-2015, 09:18 AM   #1
Bucky

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Red Lights-First or Worst?

This topic comes up now and then and it seems to be thought of universally as unfair. What do you guys think? This is one of those rules that I am not sure why they haven't made the move to change.

I guess one could make the argument that it encourages us to build faster cars. I don't know that I would spend that kind of money to avoid a situation that only happens once in a while to me. And what about other categories like jr racing? If you are in the 8.90 age group you can't go 7.90 and be the faster car.

Maybe I am missing the point with this.
Bucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 01:14 PM   #2
voltdr

Liked 87 Times in 47 Posts
Default Re: Red Lights-First or Worst?

The point is, it's a very very old subject, it's not changing. You can search the threads and get all the reading material you need. Most people are tired of talking about it.
Dan
voltdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 05:49 PM   #3
Bucky

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My curiosity at this point is who is supporting keeping it like it is?
Bucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 11:27 AM   #4
Mile High

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
My curiosity at this point is who is supporting keeping it like it is?

Racers with fast cars. They want their opponent to have the first opportunity to go red and lose.

Rule changes are made all the time. This would be one that is way over due.

Jeff
Old 06-15-2015, 07:32 PM   #5
RON NICKELS

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

In my opinion, the first or worst red-lite rule should apply to races that use cross-talk.Reason being is both cars are leaving on the same top bulb,only difference is the delay in the delay box Faster cars have more delay..Its should be just like a heads-ups race, worst red-lite loses,it will never happen ,faster cars have more pull with the management ,just my opinion,

HAMMER
Ron Nickels 7316
RON NICKELS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 04:15 PM   #6
voltdr

The rule is the first or worst infraction. Not first or worst infraction of the same offense. Could you imagine the arguments about who crossed the center line worse? Get over it and waste time with reasonable topics..........
Dan
Old 06-25-2015, 04:51 PM   #7
RON NICKELS

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

First off,if both cars cross the center lines,or side marker lines etc. they are both DQed,only in the final rd. if this happens is one car made the winner,and its decided by the starter or track officials etc.Like I said ,its only my opinion,i have been a avid drag racer for over 45 yrs. now,won many championships and Wallys,i think if you ask the racers most would have the red lite rule changed when using Cross-talk system.

HAMMER 7316
Old 06-25-2015, 07:00 PM   #8
voltdr

There is an inherent problem with that. Only bracket racing and the TD/TS cars run crosstalk. Also at some tracks, you are allow to have the crosstalk turned off by placing a "N" before your dial-in. Now we would have a situation that only pertains to some classes at some events. What about the No E classes? I could imagine all the complaints and potential reruns.
Old 06-25-2015, 08:43 PM   #9
RON NICKELS

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking Re: Red Lights-First or Worst?

Like I said ,when cross talk is used,and the faster car is leaving on your top bulb,with more delay,it should be worst red-lite.How many more advantages do the faster cars need ,Yrs. ago we raced full tree no blinders,faster cars complained ,and they got blinders on the tree.After we got blinders that wasnt good enough for the faster cars ,then they wanted open top bulb because the slower car was moving in there view of the tree,so they got there open top bulb.Now the faster car has cross-talk ,open tree ,leaving on there top bulb the same time the slower cars top bulb comes on.

Now tell me what the slower cars have gotten out of all these yrs. lol.,oh wait the slower cars at some tracks cant deep stage ,there also on auto -start at most tracks ,making it really tough to get deep stagged in a normal manner.I really like BIG BUCKS racing ,we only have it about 4 times a yr. here in Div. 7,i do ok racing my 11 sec. olds.All im saying is i think there should be a red-lite rule ,but it wont be changed till enough racers suggest it to the promoters ,there should be a vote between all cross talk racers classes,good luck on that one .There i said it let the comments begin LOL.

HAMMER7316
RON NICKELS
Old 07-13-2015, 12:08 AM   #10
n5ifi

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
This topic comes up now and then and it seems to be thought of universally as unfair. What do you guys think? This is one of those rules that I am not sure why they haven't made the move to change.

I guess one could make the argument that it encourages us to build faster cars. I don't know that I would spend that kind of money to avoid a situation that only happens once in a while to me. And what about other categories like jr racing? If you are in the 8.90 age group you can't go 7.90 and be the faster car.

Maybe I am missing the point with this.
This is a rule that has always been wrong. It should be worst.
n5ifi is offline   Reply With Quote