HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 07-20-2018, 12:17 PM   #31
Andys dad
VIP Member

Liked 175 Times in 78 Posts
Default Re: Denver

The one time I was there - I thought my Altronic computer broke but it was just had trouble with a DA over 10,000 ft.
Old 07-20-2018, 12:42 PM   #32
Rat Raceway

Liked 35 Times in 17 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Rat Raceway

If you can go fast here, you can go fast anywhere. 10k DA is one heck of a hoop to jump through. Nice to see some others like this place like myself.
Rat Raceway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 02:02 PM   #33
TOM KASCH
VIP Member

Liked 241 Times in 100 Posts

Staging Lanes at Denver from a trip we took in 2015:
TOM KASCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 02:07 PM   #34
Racesaspen

Liked 7 Times in 2 Posts

Same story every year, same people bitch about how horrible it is. So your car slows down, it's the same for everyone, big deal. As far as the pits perhaps they should just completely level off the mountain, would that do it for you? The Bandimere's are good people and like it or not owning a track is a business. They spent tons of money and time trying to relocate by the airport and were shot down. If I recall they can't add permanent restrooms for some reason, but I could be wrong. Not too many of you out there don't have big motorhomes with bathrooms and air conditioners anyway. What I wouldn't do to still be out there competing to WIN but health reasons wont allow it anymore. I just wanted to RACE no matter what, sleeping in my truck and an old open trailer. No track is perfect, people always find something to bitch about.
Racesaspen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 03:51 PM   #35
Paul Wong

Liked 379 Times in 72 Posts

I can tell you I have been to a lot worse places. The pits and staging lanes are all downhill even though its a drive. Those of us that have been going there for some time was spoiled by the treatment of the 80s 90s and early 2000s where you ate and drank for free for 4 days on Mopars dime.

I did not know air meters went to 5 digits until I saw over 10,000 feet come up on the screen. You just have to get used to leaving in what feels like second gear.

Bottom line is we can keep complaining until we are out of race tracks. Times are not what they used to be and I'm pretty sure they will never be that way again. I would not steer someone away from going there. The altitude adjusted ETs are all relative.
Paul Wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 04:33 PM   #36
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,866 Times in 640 Posts

Very good post Mr Wong, I would think someone who is accustomed to running at sea level like myself would have a great time trying to find the tree with a car reacting in such a different manner. I was looking at Q1 times and I know a few cars there, I was comparing their ET to what I normally see those cars run. About 8 tenths slower than normal I think, so I can see where a guy would think he's leaving in 2cd gear lol.
Old 07-20-2018, 10:46 PM   #37
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Liked 194 Times in 77 Posts
Send a message via MSN to GarysZ24 Send a message via Yahoo to GarysZ24
Smile Re: Denver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Wong View Post
I can tell you I have been to a lot worse places. The pits and staging lanes are all downhill even though its a drive. Those of us that have been going there for some time was spoiled by the treatment of the 80s 90s and early 2000s where you ate and drank for free for 4 days on Mopars dime.

I did not know air meters went to 5 digits until I saw over 10,000 feet come up on the screen. You just have to get used to leaving in what feels like second gear.

Bottom line is we can keep complaining until we are out of race tracks. Times are not what they used to be and I'm pretty sure they will never be that way again. I would not steer someone away from going there. The altitude adjusted ETs are all relative.
Paul, I could (and will hopefully next month), shake your hand/high Five you, or fist bump you for saying that about "complaining until we are out of race tracks". Next month those of us in D7, D6, & D5 may have our last chance to attend a points race at one of (if not) the second highest elevation drag strip holding divisionals....Rocky Mountain Raceway, in West Valley City, Utah! I've been working my butt off to comfortably secure the funds I'll need to partake in those two races, because I hope I (and everyone else who shows up there), leave a lasting impression on what Salt Lake City's about to lose, by letting this track go and not having a replacement track in line for 2019 onward!

If D7 doesn't get another pair of tracks of similar distance (or closer) to Phoenix, then I'll be putting Bandimere Speedway on my schedule for future points races (and or Boise), because it'll be easier to get to either of those tracks, than going to either Sonoma or Fallon (if they get one of the two races back?). I miss the Bandimere's, great people, and Larry Crisp is one of the best track preparer's there is in all of racing, and I've had a lot of fun, success, and good times up there, throughout my now 43yrs in drag racing, and they were the representative source of my (so far) three championships! I've had many more good memories there than I could ever have bad, and I even went door to door back in Y2k in the ill-fated attempt to have Bandimere Speedway relocated out near D.I.A. east of Aurora, Co. Once that effort failed (mostly thanks to that joke of a NASCAR track south of Colorado Springs, that hasn't existed for much past 2000 anyway, and never had a major NASCAR race there anyway!), that's when I started exploring relocating, so I could be closer to more points races/national events for my more meager budget, but I'll still go to Bandimere when I can, because of their family, the track itself, and definitely the staging lanes/cool down island(s).

I'm glad that housing developers told people who wanted to buy homes near there, that if they were going to buy a house near that track, they had to sign some form claiming that they won't complain about the noise from the track, or they would have to live somewhere else farther away, because they're not ruining a stable source of revenue for the town of Morrison, or the nearby suburbs of Golden, Lakewood, and Littleton (not to mention Denver as well)!

I hope the Mile High Nationals are great, wish I was there, and God Bless all who are with good times, safe runs, and WIN LIGHTS!!!!
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)
GarysZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 11:35 PM   #38
Jim Hawkins

Liked 109 Times in 32 Posts

As a local who has raced here for many years you just need to know what your getting into running this race and be prepared. Yes the crushed asphalt is rough, the long trip to the lanes is tough with all the people in the way and you need a pit vehicle for any one with you if they want to see a car go down the track. But its the same for everyone else so if your prepared to deal with it and others are not than it can work in your favor.
The staging lanes are downhill with scoreboards on the back of the tower so you can see what others are running if you watch stuff like that. The shutdown is uphill and the scales are right at the turnoff which is nice. All much better than Topeka where you start your car 6-8 times inching uphill to the track and then start a few more times getting to the et booth and scales.
The Bandimere's are great people but they only have so much real estate here on the side of a mountain so it is what it is.
I have taken a few years off from racing but I will run this race again.
Jim Hawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 09:23 AM   #39
Tom keedle

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Hawkins View Post
As a local who has raced here for many years you just need to know what your getting into running this race and be prepared. Yes the crushed asphalt is rough, the long trip to the lanes is tough with all the people in the way and you need a pit vehicle for any one with you if they want to see a car go down the track. But its the same for everyone else so if your prepared to deal with it and others are not than it can work in your favor.
The staging lanes are downhill with scoreboards on the back of the tower so you can see what others are running if you watch stuff like that. The shutdown is uphill and the scales are right at the turnoff which is nice. All much better than Topeka where you start your car 6-8 times inching uphill to the track and then start a few more times getting to the et booth and scales.
The Bandimere's are great people but they only have so much real estate here on the side of a mountain so it is what it is.
I have taken a few years off from racing but I will run this race again.

and at least (at this location) it'll never be 4 wide
Old 07-21-2018, 10:48 AM   #40
TOM KASCH
VIP Member

Liked 241 Times in 100 Posts

Rocky Mountain dragway 2016 trip:

TOM KASCH is offline   Reply With Quote