HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech

Old 07-10-2018, 05:36 PM   #1
Richard Grant

Liked 13 Times in 7 Posts
Default EFI control units

What units are racers using? Which is best for a LT1?
Old 07-10-2018, 05:50 PM   #2
brett3533

Liked 33 Times in 9 Posts
Default Re: EFI control units

Holley is works very quick and friendly also they can provide a school for you in Bowling Green Kentucky If you want to learn there system also they offer great support and attend most national events to assist you with showing you how to tune on it however you need be able use % tables for them to help
Old 07-10-2018, 06:47 PM   #3
Sean Marconette

Liked 165 Times in 60 Posts

The best advice I can give you is download the software for both Holley and FAST and see what makes the most sense to you and how user friendly the software is. Your going to get replies stating that either of the two systems I listed are the best.

For me, going from carb to EFI in 2015, the Holley software made more sense to me. FAST or even some of the others may be a better fit for how you look at information and who is around for help.

Good luck
Sean
Sean Marconette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 07:58 PM   #4
Tom Goldman
VIP Member

Liked 699 Times in 203 Posts

I've installed several Holley HP units replacing older Holley Commander and FAST XFI systems in both LT1 and 3rd gen Hemi Drag Pak cars.
Significant gains are there for the LT1 combo in the hands of an experienced tuner . [I am not one of those ] :]
New HP harness' are greatly improved over older Holley and FAST harness'. ..very simple installation.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:46 PM   #5
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

I have had great luck with the FAST XFI.
Same spark advance, same air/fuel ratio makes the same power, unless one of the ECUs is extremely slow. FAST XFI is not slow. Equal processor speed, equal tuning, one brand ECU won't make more power than another. I have found no advantage to the Holley system. If that is what you are used to, you will like it better.

Been to the Holley school, still like the FAST better. COPOs I have worked with had the Holley, so I went to their school. Twice, actually.

Last Holley I worked with, a couple of COPO cars last summer, I still could not do something I do with my car's tuning, that makes my car quicker.
Old 07-11-2018, 12:05 PM   #6
John Stock

Liked 45 Times in 2 Posts

I've had EFI combinations since 2000, I started with original FAST, then Holley Commander, Commander 950, Fast XFI and also using Holley Dominator/HP. Use on SBC, LS, and Ford combinations.

I'm with Ed, no extra power available from any system as all control same basic functions for us. Only difference is really user interfaces. Never had a box of any type go bad.

I am going to consolidate on the Holley HP/Dominator system just because I can't keep as much information in my head as I once did and am trying to simplify. If anyone wants Commander or FAST XFI stuff, I've got some that could go. Just PM me and I'll see it , eventually.
John Stock is offline   Reply With Quote