HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Stock/Super Stock Associations > Midwest Class Racers

Old 06-26-2012, 01:01 AM   #1
corky

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Good JobTaylor

One of our midwest racers got runner up on Sunday at Oahe in nobox. This young man will go far! Good job. Corky

Last edited by corky; 06-26-2012 at 09:14 AM.
corky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:40 PM   #2
4spdJohnny

Liked 118 Times in 41 Posts
Default Re: Good JobTaylor

Thanks for the compliment Corky! As you can imagine I'm a pretty proud papa! I am so jacked that all the hard work I've put in to getting my kids into the sport I compete in and enjoy is paying off. He's went rounds every time out. But more than that I'm proud of how he interacts with the other competitors. I really appreciate everyone taking the time to help "coach" him along! The scary part is he's winnin enough money to keep goin every weekend he's goin to Thunder Valley this weekend for 3 days of racin. Changed oil and adjusted valves on the tamater hopefully vegetables can take a beatin! See you in Thunder Valley in a few weeks?
4spdJohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:07 AM   #3
mcink

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

in case you are wondering, this is the car and driver they are talking about...

Last edited by mcink; 06-29-2012 at 08:11 AM.
mcink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:06 PM   #4
4spdJohnny

For those that haven't heard, I have a tamater update! The following weekend after doing so well at Oahe the tamater developed low oil pressure at Thunder Valley. Luckily Taylor noticed and quit runnin it. Spun # 6 rod bearing, upon dissassembly found cam bolts backed out grinding on cover possibly getting metal into bearing? I guess that's what I get for buying used engine and not taking it apart to check everything! We now have Roger at Crankshaft Supply in the cities indexing and grinding a new old crank for us, Jerry Ryan will get it back to rebalance rotating assembly, Al at Car Quest here in Watertown is getting block cleaned up and honed, sent heads to Brad Van Lant for new valves and a little better valve job plus a new camshaft. So should be fairly inexspensive repair and hopefully we pick up 30-40 horse. That way we can run .10 to .20 under in summer conditions and be .50 to .60 under in good air!(the NHRA indexs) Hopefully get everything back together for Labor Day weekend and be able to hit the last 3 combo races.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:53 AM   #5
corky

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Happy to here you have the wagon on the menned, but if you make him too fast I'll have to spend more money! See you all in Sep. at TVD. Corky
corky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:10 AM   #6
4spdJohnny

Thanks Corky, is there such a thing as too fast? We have a long ways to go! We"ll be happy with 3 tenths so we can always play.