HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-01-2007, 05:06 PM   #11
Angela Macy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: A fun time at MIR

Buy your trailer? You just bought that trailer!! Going to buy a toter home like I told you to, eh?

Where we were parked was nice - last spot in the corner. Had privacy and wasn't smushed in with anyone, they could have technically fit another trailer beside us but they didn't. BUT as nice as this spot was, we were told that young men were hanging out around the back of our trailer, and had came out of the woods behind us. I suspect they walked through the woods and came to the track, not paying. When we went to leave Saturday night we noticed some young guys hanging out looking suspicious. So I called the track and reported this and they assured me they'd have security patrol the area. That made me feel a lot better, my $160 grill was in the back of the truck, and it was still there the next morning.

Somehow though, as much privacy as we had, word spread real quick that Tim Sloan was in our pit Friday morning. Where is my confused smiley face at??
Angela Macy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 06:08 PM   #12
Chip THELEGEND Johnson

Liked 280 Times in 79 Posts

MIR is one of the worse for theft.
A couple years back someone stole the winshield moldings of Mike Petries car during broad daylight.
Chip
Chip THELEGEND Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 06:31 PM   #13
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

'Attendants' at Norwalk are actually Norwalk staff. A number of 'big' tracks will employ the kind of bathroom attendants that Angela is talking about for their bigger spectator shows. Those attendants supposedly work solely for tips and are not paid by the tracks.

I've run into it at Maple Grove and Englishtown, but there are very few IHRA tracks that operate that way. MIR is one.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:38 PM   #14
Leanne

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Leanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela Macy View Post
Well the 20 plus that I have been to in my drag racing life have not. What other tracks have bathroom attendants? In fact, I have never been anywhere in my 29 plus years of life that someone has turned the sink on for me and handed me a towel.

If you go to Atco, Maple Grove, Englishtown, or any race in D1 there will be an attendant in the bathroom.
I just ignore them, that's the easiest thing to do.
Leanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:10 PM   #15
Keith Mayers

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i love MIR. just ignore the attendents, i think that is a joke.
i do have a question, in the semi's of stock, there was a red mopar that backfired through the scoop, i looked in the scoop and said ok. spin it over, no fire... you looked a little worried, hope you won that round, who was this? and a black mustang stocker barley made it off the track, everything ok?
Keith Mayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:24 PM   #16
Jamie Southards

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Keith!
That was me that backfired. Thanks for checking everything out for me!!! No, I didn't win that round. Lost to Craig Marshall, I couldn't run my dial-in ran a 11.17 off of 11.14. Thanks again for checking on me!
Jamie Southards
Jamie Southards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:39 PM   #17
Keith Mayers

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Southards View Post
Hey Keith!
That was me that backfired. Thanks for checking everything out for me!!! No, I didn't win that round. Lost to Craig Marshall, I couldn't run my dial-in ran a 11.17 off of 11.14. Thanks again for checking on me!
Jamie Southards
damn, tuff round. sucks when something like that happens, all straped in the car and no one around! been there before...
Keith Mayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:16 AM   #18
Jeremy1374

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I would like to put MIR on the schedule for next year. One question, are there hotels close by? That is one issue we have with not having a motorhome/trailer with LQ. We have family an hour north of the track but......
Now the question is do we go in the spring for the divisional or in the fall for the national??? Seems the spring gets a lot of rain. After a 10 hour tow, I dont want to sit around in the rain. Although there is always beer to be drunk.....hmmm!!!
Jeremy1374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 08:26 AM   #19
Angela Macy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

We stayed in California Maryland which was 25 miles from the track, or 30 minutes. We stayed in a Super 8 but there was a Sleep Inn about 3 or 4 miles up the road, closer to the track. The Super 8 was ok, the room was clean and it wasn't in a "bad part of town". It wasn't my favorite hotel we've stayed it, but it wasn't the worst either.

There was stuff in Waldorf and La Plata too - which is the on the other side of the track from where we were - but they were more expensive and they did not accept pets.

From memory it seemed everything was 15-25 miles away from the track through
Angela Macy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 08:45 AM   #20
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

>> there was a red mopar that backfired through the scoop

ah-HA! Wayne County tuning! So that's how she's going so fast! j/k Congrats on another really strong weekend, Jamie!

Tricky weekend for dialing... Terry and Myron didn't cover 3rd round either.

What'd you do Keith? Didn't get to do more than wave when you went by on the golf cart. You still tinkering with the Stocker idea?