Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Congrats To Billy Pires!!!!

Coingrats Billy.......Way to go !!
Bill Pomponi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:38 PM   #22
david ring

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Billy-no congrats from me-you beat the driver of my comp car-just because he is a good sport doesn't mean I have to be-good thing you run those ASRA races, because otherwise I'd be really pissed-and damn, the Devils Rays beat the Sox too! Sunday sucked. Just kidding-good job.

And it was also good to see Todd B and Keith O go so far-hardly anyone ever offers congrats to the semi-finalists, but damn, you gotta win more rounds in stock to get to the semis than the damn pros have to to get the wally!
david ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 01:09 PM   #23
Greg Barsamian
VIP Member

Liked 390 Times in 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by david ring View Post
Billy-no congrats from me-you beat the driver of my comp car-just because he is a good sport doesn't mean I have to be-good thing you run those ASRA races, because otherwise I'd be really pissed-and damn, the Devils Rays beat the Sox too! Sunday sucked. Just kidding-good job.

And it was also good to see Todd B and Keith O go so far-hardly anyone ever offers congrats to the semi-finalists, but damn, you gotta win more rounds in stock to get to the semis than the damn pros have to to get the wally!
Bp, You should put "Prof Dave's" name in for consideration to appear on "Sox Appeal"
(A Yank having a blind date looking over The "Green Monster")
LOL
Sg
Greg Barsamian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 06:43 PM   #24
david ring

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Barsamian View Post
Bp, You should put "Prof Dave's" name in for consideration to appear on "Sox Appeal"
(A Yank having a blind date looking over The "Green Monster")
LOL
Sg
Greg,

If I could get a date with Tina from NESN, I'd almost be willing to put on a Yankee hat!
Old 09-25-2007, 07:34 PM   #25
Rich Biebel
VIP Member

Liked 510 Times in 200 Posts

Watch out for my Yankees Dave and especially Jaba ! .....While Billy was whipping up on the Stock field at Atco, I was enjoying the sun and some chilled beverages at Yankee Stadium with my son. They won and I can only hope for a rematch between Boston and NY in the coming weeks.......Congratulations Billy on a nice win.......
Old 09-25-2007, 11:15 PM   #26
Ryan Horensky

Liked 109 Times in 18 Posts

Congrats Again, Billy! Killer driving all weekend and especially the final! Hope you get that 1st national win in Richmond! See ya at the Dutch!

Ryan Horensky
1273 C/SA
Ryan Horensky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 11:34 AM   #27
david ring

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Biebel View Post
Watch out for my Yankees Dave and especially Jaba ! .....While Billy was whipping up on the Stock field at Atco, I was enjoying the sun and some chilled beverages at Yankee Stadium with my son. They won and I can only hope for a rematch between Boston and NY in the coming weeks.......Congratulations Billy on a nice win.......
You can afford tickets AND beverages to a major league game? If you've got that kind of money, would you be interested in sponsoring a comp car? And I wish I could add LOL, but I can't!
Old 09-26-2007, 11:50 AM   #28
Rich Biebel
VIP Member

No Dave I can't afford it!!! My son bought the tickets........I bought the beer and the transportation. Beer has reached an all time high price in the Bronx. I could get very silly for at least 2 nights at the track for what 2 beers cost at the stadium.....but it was worth it. Like the saying goes......"you can't put a price on a good time". I went to Yankee stadium for the first time......about 50 years ago.....Yoggi got the game winning hit in the 10th if I remember right.....I have also been to the "little league" park in Boston they call it Fenway, I think.....hahah.....I am looking forward to a Yankee-Boston Playoff series hopefully. I have a firend who might be able to come up with playoff tickets....cool....
Old 09-26-2007, 08:29 PM   #29
david ring

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Biebel View Post
I went to Yankee stadium for the first time......about 50 years ago
My first trip to the big ball park in the Bronx was even before that-my grandfather was a Yankee fan-we'd take the train down from CT-usually went to the Sunday doubleheaders-would get the last train back from the 125th St. station. I remember seeing Maris-when he was a rookie playing for the Indians. I went to many Sox games in that little park in Boston while in college This is going to kill the Pires, but back in those days, it cost a buck to get into the bleachers, the seats there weren't reserved, you could get them the night of the game, and beers were .55-thats right 55 cents.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:37 PM   #30
Rich Biebel
VIP Member

Dave I'll bet all the men were wearing suits and hats in the middle of July !......man are we old! Ballantine beer or maybe Schaefer in cans. I was 10 years old, no beer for me then. Now I head for the Heineken stand but the cost is rediculous, no wait, make that ludicrous.....Lets see .55 cents versus $12...now that's some serious inflation. A box seat was maybe $5. I watched the Yankees play at Shea in the mid '70s when the stadium was being rebuilt. You could sit anywhere you wanted for less than $20.