HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Stock/Super Stock Associations > Carolina Class Racers Association

Old 02-24-2012, 02:32 PM   #1
Tilley2007

Default Kenny Koonce Jr. Memorial Shootout

We are proud to announce we have a new program this year in memory of Kenny Koonce, Jr. Stock racer Ronnie Hamlin, is sponsoring the “Kenny Koonce Jr. Memorial Shootout".

To be qualified for the end of year shootout, we will have a Dash for Cash 2nd round of time trials. Those participating will need to place a dial-in on their car window. The closest to dial-in combined with reaction time will win $25.00 and qualify to be in the end of year shootout. At the last race of the year at Fayetteville Motorsports Park, the 8 finalist will run for the shootout prize.

General rules for shootout follows:
* Must be a CCRA member

* Can only be qualified once for the end of year run-off. If a racer has previously won the Dash for Cash and wins it again during the season, the next closest to dial in/reaction time would be the qualifier from that race, even though the Dash for Ccash money would go to the actual Dash for Cash winner.

The awards for the "Kenny Koonce Jr. Memorial Shootout" is as follows:

Winner - $200.00 plus special trophy
R/U - $100.00
Semi’s - $25.00

In the words of Ronnie Hamlin, “I'm glad that this is going to become a reality....I'm not quite sure what would be appropriate to write about Kenny Jr. that most who knew him are not already aware of. I was fortunate to call Kenny a close friend for probably twenty years. You couldn't ask for a better friend who always made you feel like his best friend and always had a good time whether at the races or cooking out with family and friends. He was fortunate to have raced for many years with his dad, mom, and family. He was married to his wife Sherrie, two daughters, Blair and Kolby and he had one sister. I just want people to remember a good friend who unfortunately left us way too soon.”
Old 02-29-2012, 07:09 PM   #2
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: Kenny Koonce Jr. Memorial Shootout

Thanks for your support, Ronnie.

Old 03-03-2012, 03:54 PM   #3
Tilley2007

Looks Great Michael!!!!
Old 03-04-2012, 10:59 PM   #4
Duane Eiskant II

Liked 53 Times in 31 Posts

Michael, how can i get a couple of the Kenny decals? Lost a great friend/person in him and even tho i couldnt ever get it worked out for him to paint my car i still want something like that to remember him by. Thanks, Duane
Old 03-04-2012, 11:16 PM   #5
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

How many, what size, what color? Just e-mail me at beard@staginglight.com or message me on Facebook.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:58 PM   #6
Tabitha Draughon

Liked 655 Times in 213 Posts

I would like to say "Thank You" to Danny Stanton for his $100 donation today to be added to the Kenny Koonce Jr. Memorial Shootout race to be held at Fayetteville Motorsports Park at the last race. Also, congrats to Michael Beard for being Qualifier #1 for this special shootout!!!
Tabitha Draughon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:11 PM   #7
Tabitha Draughon

The Kenny Koonce Jr. Memorial Shootout race will be ran on Sunday, November 18th at Fayetteville Motorsports Park. Thus far, we have 6 out of the 8 spots filled. Below is a list of who is in the shootout as of today:
Michael Beard--Piedmont--03/04/12
Joel Warren--FMSP--04/01/12
Mark Young--Coastal Plains--05/12/12
Tracy Robbins--Piedmont--09/08/12
Mike Longhany--Darlington--10/27/12
Jeff Longhany--Piedmont--11/11/12
The remaining 2 spots will be filled with the Dash for Cash winners from Saturday & Sunday. Payout will be as follows: Winner: $245 plus special trophy, Runner-up: $125, Semi's: $40
Old 11-15-2012, 05:52 PM   #8
Tabitha Draughon

Post Re: Kenny Koonce Jr. Memorial Shootout

I have spoken to Michael Beard & unfortunately he will not be attending the race this weekend at Fayetteville. Therefore, I know there will be at least 1 spot open for the shootout on Sunday. I have spoken with Ronnie today & he does want an 8 car shootout for this race. We will consider any open positions as a Wild Card & it will be determined after Sunday's Dash for Cash has been run. CCRA members that have attended at least 7 of the 8 races will be eligible for the Wild Card positions. I will put all of those names in a hat after the completion of Dash for Cash & the name(s) pulled will fill any open positions. I hope to see everyone at Fayetteville this weekend!!
Old 12-02-2012, 10:04 PM   #9
Tabitha Draughon

The Kenny Koonce Jr. Memorial Shootout will be run this Saturday, December 8th at Fayetteville Motorsports Park. Homer Carty is the 7th qualifier for the race. The 8th & final qualifier will be determined on Saturday. Hope to see everyone on Saturday!!!
Old 12-04-2012, 09:19 PM   #10
Ronnie Hamlin

Liked 24 Times in 6 Posts

Unfortunately I will not be able to attend this race as I will not be back from Las Vegas until Sunday morning. I would like to thank Scott Tilley and Tabitha Draughon for their efforts in putting this program together. I would also like to thank my old friend Danny Stanton for his contribution to the purse. I really appreciate all of the positive comments I have received from my racing family but it isn't about me....It's about remembering a good friend that left us too soon. Good luck to all of you in the shootout and Thank You to all that have participated.
Ronnie Hamlin is offline   Reply With Quote