HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Bracket Racing

Old 03-19-2017, 11:10 PM   #11
Slickfoot

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: New at this, looking for info and advice.

I came back in to drag racing 4 years ago at 70.and having a ball. Built a F/FIA stocker Mustang, it runs 7.70s ina 1/8. I race mostly in mod at our home track[ IHRA ] . Drag racer's are great people, old and young alike. They will help anyway they can, except when they line up with you .And that the way it should be.
Slickfoot
Slickfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 11:13 AM   #12
cicero819
VIP Member

Liked 67 Times in 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer9 View Post
Not sure if this is the right place, forgive me, bear with me, and move it if needed.
I grew up around oval tracks, I had a NASCAR license and raced in the Saturday night, pro-truck division at Lake Erie PA Speedway. But this drag stuff is a bit different for me.
I'm a bit older (58) but still have that competitive fire, and I'm considering getting into dragging.
I want to be a bit different, so my plan is to use a Ford V-6 SHO, in something light, like a Ranger, (I'm a truck guy). I want to start out mostly stock, and build up over time.
My questions to start with are;
How much stuff can I remove to lighten the truck?
How do I know which class I'm actually in, or doesn't it matter? Is it strictly by time, or are there rules? I can't find a rule book.
Thompson OH Raceway park will probably be my main track.
I have found draggers to be very friendly, and the people on this site seem to be too. That's a big difference from ovals.
Age doesn't matter as much as having a good time. What I would suggest is get yourself aboard your street truck or car and try your hand at trophy and tune days to help you understand the " HOW TO RACE'' theme of drag racing, after a while you can then decide if you want to build a race truck. Race as much as you can.
cicero819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 12:54 PM   #13
Falcon67

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

For my 60th birthday - well, that year last year LOL - bought a dragster. Went from a door car that I've had for 42 years to a pipe rack. Also went from 8.1x @ 80 MPH to 5.5x @ 123. Nice.
Falcon67 is offline   Reply With Quote