Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-22-2007, 09:40 PM   #11
Real Racer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 2 tenths?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodro Josey View Post
Now Mickey, how fast did you go against Brenda Grubbs in Bradenton? Besides, i have said this before we have been hit with 61 Horsepower since the first outing of the LT1!
And how long did it stay at 275 HP before the first hit? How many years Mr. Josey?
LT-1 was the most protected GM engine next to the early 327-250 which has never been adjusted.
Both are still way light in SS and there is no denying it.
Real Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 09:49 PM   #12
SS Engine Guy

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

[QUOTE=Stewart Way
On another note, when you have a Stock class car enter and win Super Stock at a national event, would seem like an index adjustment is in order.[/QUOTE]

Good point but is it the index that needs fixing or the HP factor on the engine?

Anything other than the normal balance job was considered lightening same as cross breeding of parts ie: small journal crank in a large journal engine. Bearings that would be size that could be purchased at your favorite parts house or listed in price list. New ruling clarifies this.

As I said, no comment on the intake as there is still lack of communication between what will pass and who will pass. I have no opinion on this either way.
The problem lies in who is determining what is "same configuration" as original. example: a sbc with something close to a symetrical intake port spacing. Does "same configuration" mean that it retains stock intake port spacing and is able to adapt a QJet intake on it or does "same configuration" mean that it can be bolted onto a sbc in some form or another? Like has been said many times, just because the rulebook doesn't say you can't do it. That doesn't mean that you can. When divisional tech is constantly overruled by Cali. who do you go to when you need a clarification?

In the mean time, What benifit is there in taking -.2 off the indexes? And while we are at it, anybody know why good tech guys are being lost?
SS Engine Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 10:05 PM   #13
Mickey Whaley
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

engine talk engine work im a dummy, but i know what my motor will run and what others will, i just think were a little behind, not complaining but just don't won't to bring a knife to a gun fight! would like it to be close if they put us in the same classes.
Mickey Whaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 10:39 PM   #14
Jim Cimarolli

Liked 135 Times in 40 Posts
Cool Re: 2 tenths?

I think there will be a few of the older cars that will be competitive with the new stuff, but overall the advantage will shift to the newer technology IMO.
Jim Cimarolli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 10:44 PM   #15
Mark Tallent

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool Re: 2 tenths?

NHRA is just returning the 2 tenths that was raised in the 90's due to performance levels that have been going on for the last 15 years, Actually they should have lowered them 5 tenths based on what the records show.

Last edited by Mark Tallent; 09-22-2007 at 10:48 PM.
Mark Tallent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 11:01 PM   #16
Jim Cimarolli

Liked 135 Times in 40 Posts
Question Re: 2 tenths?

Has there been a decision as to where the trigger will be for the AHFS with the 2 tenths reduction on the indexes?
Jim Cimarolli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 11:01 PM   #17
Woodro Josey

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Angry Re: 2 tenths?

Well Mr Real Racer, for the first couple of years there weren't but 2-3 cars, thats the reason. Yea you wish there were none ever raced and modern technology was still on the proving grounds, all i can tell you is, the new cars are here so get over it!
Old 09-22-2007, 11:02 PM   #18
Woodro Josey

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

By the way real racer, do you have a dog in this fight?
Old 09-22-2007, 11:56 PM   #19
tgriffith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

what I dont understand is why the hit of .20 tenths???? The only ones it hurts is the struggling racer that is learning the hard way (LIKE ME),,,,I dont understand what this will accomplish..........woundnt it be better to take a closer look at the results and do the hit where its needed and leave what isnt alone????....,,,the results tell the tale,,,,,,,,,,look at the finals in memphis......If I were speculating,,,I would guess that the winner shut it off early to avoid running faster,,,,,now I dont know this for a fact,,but I was told that heads up runs wasnt considered in the factoring method......OK,,if that is true,,,,why????? thats were your going to see who has got what,,,,,,if they trigger it and its LEGAL,,,then that combo should be hit on monday morning,,,,,so looking at the results,,,,,again,,,Im just specing here,,,,,,that combo should ahve been hit,,,He went .11 quicker under the index that anyone on the quailfying sheet and APPEARED to be on the brakes,,,,,,now what would suck to have a combo in the making and have someone get it hit over and over BUT thats why its stock elminator and not strickly bracket racing,,,,,,,,,,its very evident that both B/fia cars whre hidding what they could really run and this is where the powers that be need to look a little close,,,,,something odd in round 5,,,,,,the events winner,,,(IF THE RESULTS ARE CORRECT) either misjudged fletcher OR just give the strip to him,,,,,,,,didnt take strip by .010,,,,and appeared to be down at least 2 mph or more based on rd 3 elim against roper,,,,,dont know the weather,,conditions might have been different,,but again based stricky on what I can read,,,thats alot of MPH to be down and not loose any et,,,

now this is not to upset anyone,,,but giving a PERSONAL OPINION on the tech guys not paying attention to what combos need hit,,,,and whos not,,,,,I understand that looking at each run could be time consuming,,,but if they know what their looking for then it would be simple,,,just have the system to alert on any runs over 1.00 and any heads ups,,,then the tech guys could visually look at that competitors individual runs taking into consideration all incremental times,,,,,,,,,,a perfect example would be looking at the 1000ft marks,,,,you got a guy with unusual quick 1000fts,,,,but a mph that dont match,,,then maybe it needs looked at,,,,maybe a system could be wrote to look at the 1000 ft marks and factor them off of those,,,

again,,dont anyone get upset,,,just using those results to state an opinion

Last edited by tgriffith; 09-23-2007 at 12:01 AM.
tgriffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 12:36 AM   #20
art leong
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

When nhra broght stock back in 1974 there was a 10 year old limit anything older than 10 years had to run superstock.
Where would all the carb guys be if they resurected that rule. I think there would be a slew of 2003 neons out there. LOL
Back in 94 I thoght nhra was going to promote the fwd cars. For the corporate sponsors But nhra couldn't have cared less all they were interested in was PRO stock.
What I'm getting at is nhra will do what it wants when it wants and thats that.
For every racer they hurt a racer gets helped.So goes life.

Last edited by art leong; 09-23-2007 at 12:38 AM.
art leong is offline   Reply With Quote