HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-06-2015, 04:39 PM   #1
Ed Carpenter
Live Reporter

Liked 502 Times in 125 Posts
Default New tech card process NHRA

This is something cool for once. They could add divisionals as well.

In an effort to expedite and streamline the tech and registration process at national events for Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series competitors, the NHRA has announced a new program called the NHRA Sportsman Q-Card. This will allow contestants the ability to forego the traditional tech inspection and registration process for NHRA racers at Lucas Oil Drag Racing series events by taking advantage of the Extended Tech Inspection (ETI) and Sportsman Hard Card programs.

NHRA Sportsman Q-Card is available to all competitors in Super Stock, Stock Eliminator, Super Comp, Super Gas and Super Street. Competitors in these categories must have an active ETI on file with the NHRA Tech Department, a 2015 sportsman hard card and both must be in good standing with NHRA.

“NHRA Sportsman Q-Card combines two existing programs currently offered by NHRA” said Josh Peterson, NHRA vice president of racing administration. “NHRA Sportsman Q-Card offers competitors the opportunity to be expedited through the tech and registration process so they can enjoy everything an NHRA National event has to offer.”

For additional information and guidelines on NHRA Sportsman Q-Card please visit NHRARacer.com (Link: NHRA Sportsman Q-Card Guidelines and Policies).
Ed Carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 05:33 PM   #2
Chuck Westcott

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs down Re: New tech card process NHRA

Well Ed don't get too excited yet the ETI last I looked is $75 a year and the Hard Card is another $ 100. Benefits- Still need to sit in an ETI line which I've never seen at any National event or Divisional Event that I've been to in the last several years.
To me one more enhancement that's gonna cost ya !
Old 05-06-2015, 07:27 PM   #3
Dave Ley

Liked 242 Times in 43 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Dave Ley
Default Re: New tech card process NHRA

We have accepted and encouraged ETI's in D1 at Divisionals and Opens for years. Not a single person has ever been charged for one. I would love to know where the $75.00 figure came from !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Westcott View Post
Well Ed don't get too excited yet the ETI last I looked is $75 a year and the Hard Card is another $ 100. Benefits- Still need to sit in an ETI line which I've never seen at any National event or Divisional Event that I've been to in the last several years.
To me one more enhancement that's gonna cost ya !
Old 05-06-2015, 08:29 PM   #4
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

Is that the tech card on line, you type everything in, and print? I had one accepted, once at a Div 5 points race. Other times was told "we don't like those, and the announcers don't like them. I was told twice that some guys have a file set up in their computers what will print everything on the hard cards handed out.
Old 05-06-2015, 10:32 PM   #5
Chuck Westcott

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dave- Div 2 -- 8 yrs ago or so and the ETI seemed to just fade away, really haven't heard anything of the program for years and as I mentioned haven't seen an ETI line anywhere from Orlando to Brainerd Mn. Oh I might mention Englishtown too!

Last edited by Chuck Westcott; 05-06-2015 at 10:59 PM.
Chuck Westcott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 07:17 AM   #6
Dan Fletcher
Sponsor

Liked 963 Times in 61 Posts
Thumbs up Re: New tech card process NHRA

I think this is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Granted, I race a lot, but even if you only run, lets say 3 nationals, I think its well worth it. Pull in the gate, hand over your stuff, and you're done? OMG, that's freaking awesome!

OK, so you need to spend a $100 on a hard card. At just 3 races, you'll recoup at least half of that in fuel by not having to drive to tech. And lets look at a 3 day race for example. For the Stock Eliminator guy that is saving vacation time and gets pitted Friday am, it TOTALLY works. You can still make the first hit without stressing out trying to get teched and credentialed. I like to show up as late as possible, so the 3 day race example allows me to arrive just in time to get in the gates Thursday afternoon. Now I've got all night to unload and set up camp.

I certainly don't think NHRA is doing this as a money grab. It works for us, and it works for them. Isn't that what a good idea is supposed to do...

DAN FLETCHER TRAILER SALES

Dan Fletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 08:24 AM   #7
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,866 Times in 640 Posts

Sounds like an awesome thing to me too! I have to run our family business so I'm already stressed on the amount of time I can take off, I'm always pulling in late at night or early morning so this could possibly allow me to hit a few more races that I normally wouldn't make. Like Dan said you're going to piss away that much in has driving down there, especially at Charlotte when your parked on the other side!
Old 05-07-2015, 01:17 PM   #8
cad

Liked 72 Times in 40 Posts

I am officially a NHRA tech this year (not difficult, just have to make the effort to attend NHRA's Tech seminar).
If you are being charged for an ETI, you should let your Division rep know, because it is, and should be, FREE.
We did 75 ETIs at our track in April.
I also make house calls to complete them. They save everyone time, which is money.

Clark Doukas
J568
B3632 SFI

Last edited by cad; 05-07-2015 at 01:25 PM.
cad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 02:58 PM   #9
Jeff Stout
VIP Member

Liked 655 Times in 255 Posts

I admit that the track was the one collecting the fee. It would take 1 person away from his duties during a race event so the track felt is was acceptable to charge.
Jeff Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 03:16 PM   #10
Jim Caughlin

Liked 693 Times in 208 Posts

If it 'expedites and streamlines' the process, it seems like it would save NHRA money so it would be in their interest to encourage everyone to do this by not charging? But what was I thinking?
Jim Caughlin is offline   Reply With Quote