HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-06-2012, 04:20 PM   #11
charlie westcott

Liked 218 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: SS/AH Factor Change

Gary is obviously trying out for his dream gig of "turtle mans" side kick.
Everyone is always fast when there is snow on the ground.
If they dont get some real money, and I dont mean splitting 5k among 8 places, I will be in parma working.
When gas was 2 buck a gallon, it was different.
I guess if someone finally becomes a threat, I may get motivated to go somewhere.
later
cw
charlie westcott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:50 PM   #12
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts

There you go. The challenge is issued. Nobody can beat Charlie??? I got a hundred for the first non-Barton car that takes Charlie or Charlie out, NHRA race, SS/AH.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:57 PM   #13
Ben Holt

Liked 95 Times in 29 Posts

Exactly, Charlie. I have a hard time believing someone ran a number like that and no one knows. Plus, there are only a handful (that I know of) that have that kind of power anyways, and they are all hibernating!

Plus, I have never understood the whole cat and mouse thing. If I had a car that was a rocketship I would make sure everyone knew. And I would try my best to have my A-game at the shootouts, because that's the only way I'd beat Charlie. Got to beat the best to be the best, and why hide it.......
Ben Holt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:59 PM   #14
FINESPLINE

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

If somebody wants to plan a Ultimate Hemi Shootout and really find out who has the HP they would be limited to certain tracks at certain times of the year to get the air they need and thats a crapshoot. Could do a east / west series but the money ( like cw says ) has to be appropriate but you can't guarentee mother nature. In the end only the engine builders Know for sure.
FINESPLINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:36 PM   #15
Frito

Liked 116 Times in 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcarter View Post
assume you're talking about charlie?
post deleated

Last edited by Frito; 01-06-2012 at 07:37 PM. Reason: lk
Frito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:02 PM   #16
SSDA Hemi

Liked 428 Times in 66 Posts
Thumbs up Re: SS/AH Factor Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben holt View Post
got to beat the best to be the best.......
Amen!
The only way to run your program...
Old 01-06-2012, 11:35 PM   #17
K Stubbs

Liked 20 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINESPLINE View Post
If somebody wants to plan a Ultimate Hemi Shootout and really find out who has the HP they would be limited to certain tracks at certain times of the year to get the air they need and thats a crapshoot. Could do a east / west series but the money ( like cw says ) has to be appropriate but you can't guarentee mother nature. In the end only the engine builders Know for sure.
Isnt this what the Shootout at Indy is? Minus the "great" air....But isnt that when you find out who has the Hp....Running fast in bad air.
K Stubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:08 AM   #18
Spyphish

Liked 662 Times in 174 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Teuton View Post
There you go. The challenge is issued. Nobody can beat Charlie??? I got a hundred for the first non-Barton car that takes Charlie or Charlie out, NHRA race, SS/AH.
Jeff, I will take that bet! But since fuel is NOT $2 per gallon, how do we get him out???? Buy his gas? You make the call, I am in "Time Out" with him.. Stephen
Spyphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:26 AM   #19
charlie westcott

Liked 218 Times in 7 Posts

If a Barton car did outrun me, I will know that it probably cost them 150K a piece to fund a development program that I can fund with spare change because I am the developer.

I really like going to Belle Rose, Its probably one of my favorite tracks. I am just really enjoying making new parts, cams, heads, pistons, etc for other things than 68 hemis. We almost have the Landis cam grinder done. That has been a real challenge/learning experience, and thats what its about for me. When the shootouts started, they were minimum 5K to win, and I could get there fairly inexpensively. Now we take the 5K and split it back, so its 3K to win if you are lucky, and the operating expenses have tripled.
We are now running 10,000+ rpm, 3200# Jr Pro-stock cars for 3K to win. I am fairly certain that I could run a Pro car out of the same facility, go to 3 or 4 races a year for the same money I am spending now.

later
cw
charlie westcott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:30 PM   #20
Hemi Moose
VIP Member

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

If this challenge ever happened where would the best track be to have this showdown, sort of a World finals shootout, winner takes all, goes home with a big purse and the bragging rights for the next year...I'm thinking a track near sea level with cool temperatures, maybe spring time or fall or an end of season shootout...just like Garlits said a few months ago that they should have for fuel cars, rent a track and race at the end of the season, give everything you got type finals, winner takes all...So who would pay to see that type of Super Stock race, so how's the Texas air in the fall time.

Last edited by Hemi Moose; 01-07-2012 at 04:32 PM.
Hemi Moose is offline   Reply With Quote