Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-03-2009, 07:05 PM   #21
Dave Casey
VIP Member

Liked 581 Times in 127 Posts
Default Re: finished my new ss/tb truck

Mark, It looks great, see you Saturday

Others-It is a SS/TB which is a modified truck, not a GT truck and the rearend rule and hood rule are different i believe.

Dave
Old 06-03-2009, 08:38 PM   #22
joe176

Liked 41 Times in 9 Posts

Truck is beautiful....is Mark the Mark Markow of CT....he does excellent work if it is....worked on my camaro...great guy to do business with.
joe176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:52 PM   #23
RPM5595

Liked 32 Times in 14 Posts

Beautiful workmanship but I asked and was specifically told NO "fabbed" housings in SS Modified. That would seriously piss me off if that's not the case. Oh well, too late now.
Jay
RPM5595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:32 AM   #24
Larry Fulton

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM5595 View Post
Beautiful workmanship but I asked and was specifically told NO "fabbed" housings in SS Modified. That would seriously piss me off if that's not the case. Oh well, too late now.
Jay
Jay (and others) I'm not disagreeing with any of you...
But, IF this housing is truly a "Fab'd Housing" (which it's hard to tell from this small thumbnail photo)...
My opinion is there's so much "bogus bs" in stk / ss anymore, a fab'd housing in a super stock modified vehicle should be considered a non-issue. There are lots more serious infractions out there than this.

Larry

Last edited by Larry Fulton; 06-04-2009 at 05:01 PM.
Larry Fulton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:04 AM   #25
Mark Markow

Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts

let me clear some stuff up. yes i'm mark from markow race cars. and the truck was built as a modified . a cowl hood is allowed , as well as the fab housing. the fab rear is not legal for s/s or gt . but anyway the rear in the truck is legal it,s not a fully fabbed housing. is was built from a stamped ford center available thru strange eng. the back cover as well as the tubes were changed and it's got plenty of bracing on it'. from what i was told in the past by nhra the only part of the rear that needs to remain original is stamped surface where the 3rd member bolts too . hope that clears it up. i,m not trying to cuase any conflict . just want to have some at the track with all my freinds and customers
Mark Markow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:23 PM   #26
Eric Merryfield

Liked 471 Times in 114 Posts
Smile Re: finished my new ss/tb truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadfather View Post
let me clear some stuff up. yes i'm mark from markow race cars. and the truck was built as a modified . a cowl hood is allowed , as well as the fab housing. the fab rear is not legal for s/s or gt . but anyway the rear in the truck is legal it,s not a fully fabbed housing. is was built from a stamped ford center available thru strange eng. the back cover as well as the tubes were changed and it's got plenty of bracing on it'. from what i was told in the past by nhra the only part of the rear that needs to remain original is stamped surface where the 3rd member bolts too . hope that clears it up. i,m not trying to cuase any conflict . just want to have some at the track with all my freinds and customers
Just out of interest, what does the truck run? It would be entertaining to have the truck on truck run at the allstars events this weekend......of course I am going to be getting a sizable headstart!

See you this weekend.

Eric
Stk 1883
Old 06-04-2009, 07:18 PM   #27
George Mirza

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mark, the truck is beautiful, can't wait to see it in person. Best of luck with it!

Eric, now there will be at least 3 trucks at this weekends ASRA race.

See you all Saturday,
George
George Mirza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:41 PM   #28
Mark Markow

Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Merryfield View Post
Just out of interest, what does the truck run? It would be entertaining to have the truck on truck run at the allstars events this weekend......of course I am going to be getting a sizable headstart!

See you this weekend.

Eric
Stk 1883
i tested at epping and was having transmission issues .i had a problem with it slipping thru high gear. but it still was able to go a 9.60 at only a124mph i had to lift at a 1000ft when it went on the chip. the computer showed 1500+slippage in high gear. had the converter and trans checked today and we found some issues with the trans and the converter checked out ok. so i'll find out this weekend. see you there.
Mark Markow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:03 PM   #29
RPM5595

Liked 32 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadfather View Post
Thanks for clearing that up. It's too bad that when two NHRA Tech officials are asked about using a Fabbed housing they both tell me NO and then apparently it's just fine. So, the only part that has to be "stock" is the mounting ring? What a joke! Wish they would have told me that. Could have saved a lot of work cleaning up and bracing the old turd I started with. Oh well. NICE work by the way!
RPM5595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:00 PM   #30
Kent

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Check page 128 in 2009 Rulebook which is different than page 116. Looks like anything after Modified Stock is allowed a fabricated rear. IMO but that maybe too gray!
Kent is offline   Reply With Quote