HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-24-2007, 11:29 AM   #41
Aubrey N Bruneau

Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Aubrey N Bruneau
Default Re: 2 tenths?

I'm not even permitted to vote on the pole... Administrator ?... am I correct in assuming that that is because although I have an active NHRA membership and permanent number ( 6409 ), I was not actively racing this year ?

Well, perhaps I don't even have a right to post here in this thread ?

My take on it...
I still see Stock as a performance based class. Yes, the "bracket racing" concept still makes up most of it, but one still has to achieve or exceed a certain performance level. THIS is whats fun !
I see no problem with lowering the Index. All that has been done, is the "standard" has been adjusted to more acurately reflect what the cars are capable of.
I am NOT one of the fast guys. Likely never will be. HOPEFULLY able to run .3 to .5 under the new C Stock Index of 11.45. I have no dispute with how my car has been factored... I think NHRA has been fair and accurate.

Hope to be racing with the Div 6er's out there all next season !
Old 09-24-2007, 11:46 AM   #42
tgriffith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 2 tenths?

I think someone earlier hit on the answer - stockers running super stock at races where stock isn't contested. This has created a lot of heat for NHRA. 4 tenths would have solved the problem completely
__________________________________________________ ______________________________________-

O.K.,,,this where the problem is,,,My 85 camaro would run under the SS/LA index,,,,,,it should have been rated more in SS,,,at the time,,it was rated more in stock thatn it was in superstock,,,,,,,,lowering the index of .20 doesnt solve this problem,,,in SS, it should have been rated about 20 HP more,,,,,,,,the comp committe need to starting looking at all cars running 1.00 and quicker ANY run they make an look at the incrimentals and make adjustments accordingly,,,lowering the indexes does nothing EXCEPT move numbers,,,,,not that the index`s arent too soft,,,its just it does nothing except hurt budget racers,,,,hit the combos as they are needed,,,,,maybe the system needs to trigger at 1.00 instead of 1.15 and an automatic hit at 1.10,,,,,,,looking at all runs anytime in the event,,,,,,BUT WITH ONE IMPORTANT FACTOR,,,,take into consideration of altitude,,,,,make rules that the HP factoring system would only be in use above a certain elevation or density altitude......
tgriffith is offline   Reply With Quote